It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a UFO over Sacramento...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I finally registered on here after reading for several months...was absolutely ELATED to not only see this thread but to have the description of what my family and I are seeing fit exactly our experience. Am in central Ohio, USA, and started seeing these lights intermittently this summer. Now see them more nights than not, and seeing them earlier in the evening (twilight) and much closer to the horizon. We live pretty far out in the country on a lake in the woods, and there is very little artificial light. These pretty things seem in no hurry to move along, and we enjoy their show, because that's what it feels like they are doing.
I cannot for the life of me understand why EVERYONE doesn't see them, sometimes they are so bright! Could it be not everyone is capable of seeing them??

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Jayla, it may be that no one else can see them, because the vast majority of people go through life rarely taking time to sit back and watch the sky/stars. If you're seeing them all the time then I'd suggest you keep a camera ready to go. You never know if they'll do a little bit of flight training right over your house! BTW, welcome to ATS.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My brother and all his friends saw a ufo last night. Its kinda creepy becuase ive never believed in UFO's, nor does my brother. I believe him though, becuase he would not lie about something like this. He said he was getting gas and he saw someone looking upo into the sky, so he looks up and he descibed it as "If you take a silver dollar and put it up to your face, thats what it looked like" He drove to his friends down the street, and told them and they didnt believe him. So they were looking up for it again and there it was. He said it had bright white lights that rotated, and it moved fast toward scandia (little gold course). Seriously it was so freaky he called the news, and the news said they have been getting alot of calls about it.

You guys this is weird i dont know what to think of it. I wish i could of seen it. It happen in North Highlands CA, off of madison ave.

Also my moms friend said she saw something as well a couple weeks ago in el dorado hills, and orange vale.

WHat do you all think? I havent seen anything on the net about this.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was emailing my friend about a UFO sighting that my wife and I had last night just a little bit after 7:30 or so. My friend emailed me this link and urged me to read all of the entrys here. I am at work on my lunch hour, but I now believe that what my wife and I saw is in direct relation to the entry that is described that occurred by Madison and Scandia. This is a cut and paste from the email that I sent my friend. The direction where we saw the object in relation to where we were was the same direction of where the Madison and Scandia sighting occurred. I have always been skeptical of these sort of things until last night. It was mind blowing...Here you go...'…It was dark, and I was exiting the freeway on Douglas to take the Sunrise fork, and both Val and I saw this thing off in the distance that had a row of horizontal lights of about 20 or so straight across and it was hovering in the air. I quickly pulled over so as not to crash and to get a good look at whatever it was. We had a clear view and straight shot looking directly at it from where we stopped with no trees or anything around. The lights were circulating the object and you could tell that it was huge. There was no red or green light on it, and the lights were intermittently blinking like a circuit board or something. The lights were very bright, but at the same time not overpoweringly bright, it was weird. We just figured that it was something like a blimp or advertisement of some kind, however it started to dart in all directions very quickly and then would get closer and farther away within seconds. While we were looking straight at it, it zipped away in a flash of a second and was just gone!!!!! I have never believed in that sort of stuff, but it was surreal and undeniable. It moved faster than anything I have ever seen and it was saucerlike from what I could tell of the configuration of the lights. I am trippin big time on seeing whatever it was!!!!! Pretty cool!!!!! We both looked at each other and were totally trippin out on what we saw.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Why was this thread moved from the UFO forum?

Just curious...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Maybe it was THIS that they saw!!! I'm so excited!! My sister and I used to sit out and look at the stars at night in Rural Utah (you can still see every star in the sky there) looking through the scope of her husband's gun at UFO's.. THIS is what we were seeing, and could never get pictures or video of it. This is truly the same thing, and I fully believe that the copter crew who filmed this are changed because of it!!

www.news10.net...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
right now is 11.48pm in Davis,CA. Smoking outside 20 minutes ago and I saw a huge V shaped craft flying by, 100x bigger than a regular bright dot(a plane)...
all description matches with the thread starter. Please post any pictures if anyone has any please...I am so freaked out right now......

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
MrHacka- Ahhh, the V shaped UFO. That's what flew over my house, too... well, the leading edge of it anyway. Purplish glow, silent, mostly invisible except the leading edge.

Diplomat- I think ATS is trying to seperate UFO research from personal stories. I can understand why they'd do this (if that's what's happening) but personal accounts/sitings are evidence, too, and moving them from the UFO forum would be doing a disservice to the subject.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
New one... Was picking my wife up from work a couple of nights ago. While standing outside by my car having a smoke I was watching the moon when I saw a light SLOWLY brighten as it was moving, then SLOWLY dim down to nothing. It did this a couple of times while moving across the sky. My wife came out and I told her. Just then a man walked by and said it was a beautiful night. While I was distracted by him, my wife saw the light come into view and she said it just blinked out with a flash.

This taken from MUFON...
2/2/09
Newcastle, CA

At about 2100 tonight I stepped out on my porche and noticed a light due west of me how many miles I am not sure could have been anywhere from five to ten miles away at probably 1000 ft. It was bright yellow seeming to stand in one spot. I watched this for about ten minutes and then I asked my mother to come outside to see this. That is when I remember to get my video camera. I was able to get some footage of this event before it blinked out. This is not like any plane I had ever seen before at first I thought it looked alot like military illumination that I have seen many many times being an ex sailor who was with the Marines for quite a few years. But then it would suddenly flash a really bright red then go back to a yellow light. Now my video isn't very good not really used to using the darn thing and lost it a couple of times while trying to zoom in on it but the video plainly shows it blinking bright red then it just blinks out and it was gone after about ten minutes. From my vantage point it looked star like but again I was a long ways from the object. If you like I will send in the video for you to look at and analyze. Please feel free to call me I am home most of the time. I would attache the video if I knew how but it is on one of those small tapes that you have to plug into your television or vcr. I know when an airplane is approaching you it can appear to stay in one spot, but this thing was there almost twenty minutes total then it blinked out.

Kinda interesting

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am looking for a UFO Histroy index for reported sightings in Sacramento.
A index for 1975-2009. Is regresive hypnothearapy the best thing to do if you cant recall encounters?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpritualExtends
... Is regresive hypnothearapy the best thing to do if you cant recall encounters?

It could, depending on the therapist's knowledge, experience, and skill. It's still a gray area though, for many reasons. If you are trying to 'unlock' hidden memories for your own sake (not as proof for others but just yourself) then I'd suggest meditation/self-hypnosis. It could be far more enlightening.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

www.news10.net...

Another UFO sighting in Sacramento.

May I ask what area of Sacramento you were in when you saw the UFO?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpritualExtends

In the early 1990's about 2 or 3am, I saw a large triangle shape ship flying low along cap freeway with a light on each point, very low and with no noise, like it was sliding on ice, it then slid to point towards downtown sacramento and then headed over the city. I could make out the shape because of the lights from downtown and it was pretty big.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
New anomalies over Sacramento, 9/2/09...

This morning my wife and I got up at 0430ish to watch the docked shuttle and ISS fly over (which happened at 0537). I went inside at 0450ish to refill my coffee and when I came back out she went inside to get something. While I was out in the backyard alone I saw several points in the night sky flash/blink very bright. I saw a couple of them directly. Just flashes of bright light in random places all over the sky.

I sat down in one of the lawn chairs ,and shortly after, 3 bright lights in triangular formation 'turned on' directly in front of where I was looking (N/NW). It was flying towards Sac Exec airport so I didn't think too much of it, except judging by the distances in the light formation to each other, if it were a plane it would have been fairly close, yet there was no sound at all. Also, if it were a plane then those pilots should have had their lights on way before getting that close to the airport, not just turning them on practically a minute or less before landing.

My wife returned a bit later and told me she'd seen the same thing while I was inside refilling my cup earlier... A set of triangular lights flying around in the sky, except it 'swooped' around a couple of times. She also told me she'd seen other blinking lights in random areas, as well.

Around 0520 or so I saw a large 'shooting star' directly in the path the ISS and shuttle would be flying over, N/NW, so for those who may have seen this over Sac, these events happened before the shooting star and ISS/shuttle fly over. Roughly 0440-0510 on and off. Anyone else see them?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I would like to see a thread about regressive thearopy. The best and worse techniques. But this subject isnt exacly main stream. Some how I keep thinking about buddist and the cycle of death and life. Eventually we will all turn into enegies that will deturnine the outcome of our next life experince tranzition. After our galaxy collapse we will be absorbed into a new form of exisitance. I will have a choice to stay a part of the gallaxy.
I am not too impressed with human species though. Our betrials to our races are both immince and trivial. I would leave this galaxy to you. I seek
to become a whole member of a differant race. Not a partial member of a transitnal community that ran on gods myths and kings with warloards on top.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oct 20, 2009 ~ 7pm, saw the 'flying V' again, this time at a distance. I assume it was that same craft that flew over my house a few years ago because it looked just like it, except viewed from the side and further away. Judging by the proximity and size of the ship I saw tonite and the one I saw years ago it must be pretty big.

I was in my backyard post dusk and happened to be looking up in the sky in the direction of downtown and there it went by, faintly self illuminated along the leading edge. Had to have been flying northward right over or very near to downtown/midtown Sac (maybe Cap City freeway?). I told my wife and she went out a bit later and said she saw a weird orange/amber light getting nearer in the sky then banked and flew of pretty fast in the same direction. Haven't seen anything else tonite, but then again we haven't been outside much. Will look again later tonite.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
And so it begins again for 2010 in the Sacramento Valley.

www.news10.net...

News 10, Sacramento

"SACRAMENTO, CA -- Are UFOs taking a closer look at Sacramento? Local groups that track possible UFO sightings said there have been several interesting sightings lately.

According to Ben Stoecker, the contact person for the Sacramento chapter of the Mutual UFO Network, there's definitely something going on.

..."

Check out the picture slideshow. Are these 'Chinese lanterns'? The shape looks like the objects I've seen in the past few years, except these aren't very well defined. The ships I saw were very well defined, (especially the one that flew directly over my head)... These are not. They look like balloons in the distance. I dunno.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Flux8]

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Flux8]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
5/23/2010 ~1hr pre-dusk. Auburn, CA. Saw a completely black object fly overhead heading roughly West to East. What caught my attention was the random flashes of bright light it was emitting. I ran inside to get my glasses but by then the object was too far away to see with any clarity. I ran inside and asked my mother-in-law for binoculars and when I returned the object was very far away. Luckily I was able to pick up the object with the binoculars and what I saw was pretty neat.

The object was solid black, even in the setting sunlight. I couldn't tell the exact shape as it was somewhat shakey in the binoculars at that distance, but for the most part it looked like a black dot (maybe with some edges on the side, hard to tell). But what struck me as interesting was the random flashes of light it was emitting in random places along itself.

Sometimes the light would travel over the entire right side, sometimes underneath, sometimes from top to bottom, but mostly just random flashes all over. This is one way I could tell that it had more shape to it than just a black dot. The light defined it a bit when it travelled along the edges and was extremely bright; brighter than any aircraft lights I've ever seen.

The object eventually flew out of my view. I stuck around for a bit watching the sky trying to determine what it was, hoping that it may come back. The sun was about an hour from setting and the object was traveling roughly West to East. I watched a plane fly past in the distance where the object was flying and compared illumination from the setting sun. They were nothing alike... not even close.

I'm not sure why but I kept thinking of another sighting of an anomolous light I'd seen a few months earlier while driving to work down I-80 at 5 in the morning. This light (which I thought was a hovering helicopter) eventually flashed the entire sky, (like a camera flash but much much brighter) and shot up into the sky in 4 distinct equa-distant spacings, in a fraction of a second.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
5-15-2012 ~1300, mid-day. Auburn CA. Was on the back deck having a smoke just before doing some gardening. My back deck overlooks a large field/ranch over rolling hills and some train tracks. While looking out across the field a faint shadow slowly spread over it progressively. Within the shadow was a translucent shimmering light on the field/grass. It was like how light would play on the wall if you were to shine a flashlight through a tank of water that was sloshing around. It wasn't anything like the wave motion that wind makes on tall grass. The effect was somewhat dim but very noticable. This shadow/effect progressed across the field and over the tracks. I walked to the side of the porch where I could see the sun and looked to see if anything was causing the shadow/effect but nothing was there. The shadow and effect proceeded in an East/North East direction. About an hour or so later an F5 shot across the sky overhead in the exact same direction as the shadow and effect.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
9-19-2012 ~8:30ish PM (night) Auburn CA. My wife went out front to have a smoke and sat down in a chair. While watching NE in the sky over our neighbor's house she saw an orangish glowing circle slowly moving in the sky for a bit. Then the circle disappeared. She got up from the chair and walked to a different spot in the yard thinking that maybe a tree limb had blocked her view. Shortly thereafter it reappeared in the same spot, (her view hadn't been blocked by anything afterall) and it seemed to be turning. The light became elliptical with a somewhat pointed "front". It was a singular glowing thing with no other lights. This "light" then dipped and hovered off in different directions quite randomly, and at different paces, but not very fast. Then the entire object flashed a couple of times. It remained stationary for a couple of seconds then it flashed once more and zipped upwards and across the sky in the blink of an eye. It also left an orangish light trail in it's wake. She ran in and told me, so my son and I went out to see what we could see...

We went to our driveway which offered a better view of the sky/stars and was darker. We stood there talking and scanning in the sky. Maybe a few minutes later a bright flash very high up caught my eye. There was another flash and I saw it directly. It was very high in the sky and the flash was extremely bright. At first I thought it might be some kind of satellite, but the rate that it moved and the intensity of the flashing meant it was travelling much faster than a satellite does and much much faster than a plane, and I couldn't imagine a light from an aircraft could produce such intensity at that distance. Also, as I watched the somewhat regular flashing I noticed that it's trajectory was not in a relative line. The object producing the flashing must have been zig-zagging and going very fast. My son saw it, as well.

We didn't see anything else that night except for the normal air traffic.
edit on 20-9-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join