It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a religion that seeks to unite all religions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think Sufism is pretty close to what you are looking for.

Sufism has come to mean a wide range of beliefs that center on the quest for personal enlightenment in the union with God. Sufis are sometimes described as the mystics of Islam, but Sufism fits awkwardly in the categories of religions. Technically Sufism is a denomination of Islam, however there are many Sufis that are not Muslims and there are many Muslims that are reluctant to consider Sufism part of Islam. One of the few concepts that Sufis seem to agree on is that all religions offer a path to salvation or enlightenment and that true God realization, no matter how it is achieved, transcends the limitations and classification of any religion. Basically, a saint in any religion is equal to a saint in any other religion because they are inspired by the same Divine source.

External Source

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Eh given enough time I say even the Atlantis question would spiral into violence. Its mankind's nature.

I beg to differ... Spiral into violence is the nature of the egocentric fools.

One cannot generalize for the behalf of whole mankind in my opinion.

Many of todays people, seem to have evolved into very selfdestructive patterns, but it hasnt been so for all mankind, not in the past and present.

There are still peacefull, caring, loving people who protects their rights, while remembering their responsibility for their surroundings, be it man, animal or nature.

Back on topic...

While I do see the beauty of all religion recognising, that they all pray to the same God, I agree this is dreaming.

One day I do believe the majority of mankind will turn to nature, and keep their spirituality focused on life, love and nature, more than a "God" or a "Prophet".
They will live, following the harmonic law of nature and not some written words.

This way they will worthship the creator, by worthshipping creation itself.

One thing you can be sure of... mother nature will survive and see that things gets into harmony... sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
well this is an intresting question !

im a muslim ! and before i continue im not terrorist since some of the ppl think were crazy and so go on ! and im not religos or strict !

islam is the religon that unites all religons ! we believe in god and the book that came from god ! (bible , quran .....etc) but the other book were Distort'd to make them work in the way of living or life ! for example .

in the non Distorted bible (which is long gone) that pork was Forbidden and now days pork is allowed to be eaten ... or as for wine same story !
as for jesus he once said when pork was laid on the table that remove that "thing" away from me !

i hope u guys get the idea ! and i say it again i mean no disrespect to anyone

[edit on 2/9/2008 by darawzeh]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

reread the good book -there is no chosen faith or religion what matters is that you believe until the great religions decided that each of theirs was the one true one and all others are false ,lies lies and more lies from your churches P.S. get your hands on as old a bible as you can so you will understand that the churches of the world help to lead you all astray they rewrote and changed it as well as let parts and chapters out according to the creaters words this act of hearasy was a death sentence of the profaners and their followers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join