It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mukasey won't call waterboarding torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
One can only wonder why.Almost every other country has.
Or is it perhaps,he supports it and privately encourages it behind close doors.
It kind of makes sense,considering Mukasey is a big fan of George Orwell.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Attorney General Michael Mukasey refused to legally define waterboarding as "torture" during Senate testimony Wednesday, although he acknowledged that if the interrogation technique were performed on him, he would personally "feel that it was."

www.cnn.com...

Full story here
www.cnn.com...

Also heres a video in reguards to Mukasey's love for Orwell.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

During his first testimony since his November confirmation, Mukasey told the Senate Judiciary Committee that it wouldn't "be appropriate for me to pass definitive judgment on the technique's legality."

And why would that not be appropriate Mr. Attorney General? Is that because you do not wish to incriminate yourself and look silly later if the details come to light? Hmmmm......Something smells fishy.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
He wont call it torture because if he does it becomes a form of an admission by this administration that they have violated international and domestic law.

The criminal type that can send you to prison...or worse.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Fox
It kind of makes sense,considering Mukasey is a big fan of George Orwell.

I'm a huge fan of Orwell and I don't condone torture as a run of the mill tactic. Certain situations may call for it, but they are few and far between.

Which is why I think we are seeing alot of atrocity by our government and them getting away with it.

It's all about the words you use...

"Yeah, we tortured someone, but they were a bad guy and we are trying to get all the bad guys."

Makes me shake my . with disdain at some of my elders....

top topics

join