It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN: climate change may cost $20 trillion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

UN: climate change may cost $20 trillion

news.yahoo.com

UNITED NATIONS - Global warming could cost the world up to $20 trillion over two decades for cleaner energy sources and do the most harm to people who can least afford to adapt, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon warns in a new report.

Ban's report provides an overview of U.N. climate efforts to help the 192-nation General Assembly prepare for a key two-day climate debate in mid-February. That debate is intended to shape overall U.N. policy on climate change, including how nations can adapt to a warmer world and ways of supporting the U.N.-led negotiations toward a new climate treaty by 2009, U.N. officials said Wednesday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For some reason I just dont buy this report. 20 trillion dollars!!! No wonder why many countries especially the ones on top of the ladder reject this. They are going to the be one paying the bill at the end.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
WOW! isn't that sum a bit exaggerated, if they're looking for renewable energy so badly just give 1% of that sum to a free energy inventor/research group, and you'll have magnetoziacoda powering everything
. But we all know the energy supression story

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

And thats over 2 decades!!! I wonder whos going to get those contracts so I can start investing in the companies!!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There is Nothing humans can do to change global climate Cycles.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tsEnigma

Hey I agree!! I just dont want to be left out when they start dividing the pie.

new topics

top topics

join