It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Kills Daughter Over Xbox Console

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Father Kills Daughter Over Xbox Console

news.sky.com

A man who played video games for hours each day has been convicted of killing his 17-month-old daughter when she pulled out his Xbox console.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I really dont know what to say.....

Godsmacked,totally disgusted.

Killing a a little kid for pulling out a console plug?????????
Wheres the [Mod Edit] world going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[Mod Edit: Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 31/1/08 by JAK]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

I'm with you on this one kangjia.
Total scum

I hope his life is a misery inside, but saying that he'll probably go on 43 and live the life of riley.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This combined with the other thread about the man tasing his son to make him tougher makes me just want to puke. This world is going crazy, each and every one of us. Im almost glad im not going to live to see the future. As a child, you always dream of how fun it would be to live in the future with all the crazy tchnology, but i dont want to be there now.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Listen, I am not saying that he should have killed her..... but i understand.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's a shame what people come to understand. Glad the young lady who is staying with us doesn't have such understandings and is willing to call a spade a spade.

It's a very simple equation; trust an irrational addict and risk your life. A choice for some. Gaming, heroin, gambling, business, narcissism, rhoids, pumping iron, scientology, sex, infidelity and whoring, the net... same, same, same, legal or not. Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Like that.

The toddler didn't have that choice of who to choose to trust. I wonder how many women, men and children have taken a beating or worse because of these sorts of frivilous "harmless" entertainment pursuits? Family? Isn't that a quaint and antiquated notion compared to X-Box. She's "X'd" and headed for a "box" and the permanent dirt nap. Whole deal needs a 360/2 for some.

It's all legal 'cept for the part where one family member murders another.

Just a baby, didn't have a chance... do you?

Vic

[edit on 30-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
17 Months!! 17 Months!! Now i can't see how ANYONE can understand that?!

What is up with this world? I am actually speechless!

I am actually sick to my stomach! Taking a life because a little, defenseless child messed his game.
:bnghd:

I have to keep telling myself to abide by the Terms and Conditions - it is a good thing.
:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

I certainly hope you are kidding

:shk:

Hang him by the balls over an Xbox I say

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

And anything else violent on this POS.

I'm really starting to think that people should be evaluated/have to go through parenting classes before having children.

I would love to do any one of these things to that guy.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

I certainly hope you are kidding

:shk:

Hang him by the balls over an Xbox I say

you obviously have no idea how retarded people are about their video games.. it makes me want to .... I just don't even know anymore..

even in my small amount of time on this planet things have changed SO much, it is hardly even recognizable, things just seem to be getting strange where some people are getting smart with the resources while others are becoming .... ... .. more detached from reality.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Thank god the anime's are back -

But yes, I totally agree, Never pull a gaming mans controller plug out.

I bet he was about to finally kill the big boss after many many hard attempts... ;-P

She deserved nothing less than death.

It's the universal rule of gaming. Everyone knows about it. I'm sure the 17 month old kid knew about it...

/end sarcasm

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Hahahaha, i'm sorry, but i did laugh at that, cause i know how edgy I can get when i'm playing a game im really into and something happens...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Edgy or not, it was just a video game. Something you can restart, reload, and replay.

I dont see any legitimate reason for this.

I wonder how often he left his kid alone so he could go play halo 3?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Reply to sethdarke

cause i know how edgy I can get when i'm playing a game im really into and something happens...

Yes I also admit that it gets intense. But killing a 17month old kid, your own blood for pulling out a freekin plug.

Long hours session on the game probably made him lose his sense.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm not saying what he did was right, i think he should be hanged,,,but i think it's funny still cause of how hikix put it....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There really needs to be a parental readiness test put in place across the whole planet.

The more things like this I hear the more I wish the NWO would pull their fingers out and take over already!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Adults, especially parents are suppose to protect, love and nurture their children anything else is a failure as a parent and responsible adult, this particular act is not even comprehendable.

What is going on these days?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I posted this on another thread but it was closed because this was first so I'm copying my comment across.

I have to agree that this story is trying to sensationalize the aspect that he was playing video games, and saying that the reason he killed the child is because she knocked it over. The truth is this man is obviously a scum bag. He wasn't changed by playing games.

An autopsy showed that Alayiah had suffered a broken arm about two weeks before she died - an injury that city social workers did not see on two visits to the house in late August, when they found the baby well.

He sadly beat this kid to death because he snapped. Were video games a factor in this? Yes they were, but they did not cause it to happen. To blame this on an addiction to video games is to be blind to the real cause - this man is an angry selfish individual with previous evidence of abuse.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
yeah it was a joke.. there should be a sarcasm icon somewhere cause some people just simply dont get sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Worry not.. I could feel you... While I am sickened by what this person did.. I have to step back for a moment and laugh... Not laugh at this poor little baby girl who died.. But just the whole idea that Ive said before to myself when playing a game.. If the power goes out IM going to kill someone becasue I didnt save my game..
But I wouldnt really kill someone... This takes me to a place where if I dont laugh.. I would end up getting very depressed about this..

Its not right... I love video games.. But to kill a little girl over something that she didnt mean to do.. Is ummm well... damn... scary...

I would sertinly have to say there is more to this story than just some little girl unplugged the Xbox.. No this goes much deeper than something this small... Many small things can lead up to 1 big thing..

I expect the mother and father both to be on drugs.. Live in a bad area, and live on the lower side of the tracks.. Yes I would say this has little to do with an Xbox.. just a way to get people attention I would take a guess at.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by zysin5]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join