It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooter Convicted Again - 10 Years Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

School Shooter Convicted Again - 10 Years Later

www.cnn.com

Mitchell Johnson faces 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine when he is sentenced in the next 45 days on a count of possessing a firearm while being a drug user. Through his attorney, Johnson declined to comment Tuesday.

Johnson was arrested on New Year's Day 2007 after police stopped his van and said they found a bag of marijuana in his pocket and a 9 mm pistol and a 20-gauge shotgun in two bags. Police said they stopped the van after getting an anonymous tip about drugs in the vehicle.

In 1998, Johnson, then 13, and 11-year-old schoolmate Andrew Golden opened fire as students and teachers left Jonesboro Westside Middle School after Golden pulled the fire alarm. The boys killed English teacher Shannon Wright and four students ages 11 and 12. They wounded 10 other people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.wreg.com

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This makes me sick on so many levels, but the fact that this murderer is allowed to own guns after what he did.

Johnson left prison with an "adjudicated" record -- meaning he could own firearms.

The only reason this is going to court is because he was in possession of drugs and firearms at the same time.

Here's a reminder of what happened that day the boys opened fire on students after pulling the fire alarm at their school.
www.cnn.com...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Which part makes you sick? The part where he legally owned firearms and had apparently possesed Marijuana?

Or the bit where he at the time,13, with an 11 year old accomplice shot and killed 4 people? Yeah sure, it was disturbing as to what they did, but what's your direct disgust with the guy? He was 13 at the time; sure that doesn't justify his actions, but does it mean he's going to do it agian?

Now something that makes me sick, is a repeating sex-offender patroling the streets, scoping out day cares!

I don't really think he knew what he was doing when this happened, I mean, he and the 11 year old brought frickin' teddy bears with them. Teddy Bears and snacks!

Or maybe i'm worng. Maybe after 10 years of total solitude, he has had time to think about it. And that he ruined his like, thinking he should finish what he started.

Things like these are always questionable.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ten years of solitude is nothing compared to an eternity, to which he and his friends sentenced the teacher and fellow students.

He should have received life without parole; after all he qualifies as a mass murderer. I wouldn't doubt that the mere penalty for bringing firearms on school property would get you 10 years.

Too often we send the wrong message. Anyone who does this should be tried as adults and never see the light of day again, imo.

Imagine if the murdered students were your children.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadSeason313
Which part makes you sick? The part where he legally owned firearms and had apparently possesed Marijuana?

What sickens me about this ???

He's out of jail.
He is allowed to legally own a gun.
That the courts would impose a fine for this that is pointless because he can't pay it.

I could care less whether he likes to smoke the herb, but the fact that weed was the only thing they could get him on riles me. I understand he was very young when he brutally murdered his fellow students and a teacher, but walking away with a clean slate and being able to legally buy guns is just ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry badge01, but who are you to judge? What gives you the right to comdemn someone to a life of imprisonment? Justice was taken, but not to it's extreme potential. He did his time. How would I feel if I had children and they were victims of this tragedy? I would feel heart broken, and lonely. But what good would it be to put someone behind bars, when you know they're still living and breathing?

Anxiety Disorder! Well, being upset is understandable I guess. I assume you didn't know the person directly, or someone at the school?!

I DO think it's stupid to let him own a firearm again after what he did, I agree with you there! But this guy served his time, and did what the courts ordered him to do. You can thank our wonderful counrty for that!

top topics

join