It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq conflict has killed a MILLION people: Study

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Nope. I know what I did over there, and I don't have any guilt about it. And I wasn't being used as a tool of Bush, either.

You don't have any guilt because you don't truly know why you were there, you say you do, I would love to know because I don't know anyone who does.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

In the search for the TRUTH .. you should question the method of finding this number no? I agree the death toll is high.. but you cannot put aside TRUTH in the quest for your own political emotions.....

1 million people have not died. The method to find this number is so ignorant I cannot fathom why so many blindly except it as truth. Completely lacks logic.

As I have said before, I will say again

What honestly tears me apart inside is not that such and such amount of people where killed by this bomb or this group or what ever...

Its the kids BORN in this mess... the ones born before and during this war.. who grew up seeing death, bodies, body parts, bombs at night.. seeing their mother crying as family members disappear into the militia undergrounds.. its the little kids who will grow up knowing nothing but war, and believe me, those memories will be with them for as long as they live.

I mourn their lives over those who lost theirs.. that is where the REAL injustice of war comes in.. some people lost their lives, but the kids had their innocence stolen from them.. That is wars greatest victim..

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

In case you haven't been paying attention- the debate in this thread is that the 1 million figure is grossly exaggerated, so why don't you debate that rather than ignore the topic. Many of you keep parroting these numbers around like a mantra. It'd be nice to see some independant thought occasionally, where you acttually question statistics rather than just accepting that which supports your foregone conclusions.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Blue, we have this same conversation every week with the same people.

2414 people were interviewed and they some how came up with 1,000,000 dead?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by _Phoenix_

One theory that has been put forth is that just prior to the forging of documents that led up to the invasion, the Saudi economy was in shambles while oil prices were low (aprox $20.00 a Barrel)...we all know how the Bushies are in the back pockets of the Saudi's
[edit on 31-1-2008 by skyshow]

No- we don't all know that Bush is in the back pocket of the Saudis. High oil prices don't help Bush or Cheney. All high oil prices do, is raise the cost of business.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Some of the unemployed did work for or as insurgents. Some worked with us, and when discovered were killed by insurgents. The ones that didn't want violence, but rather a hopeful future, worked with us.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Iraq, Saddam Hussein (1979-2003): 300 000
Human Rights Watch: "twenty-five years of Ba`th Party rule ... murdered or 'disappeared' some quarter of a million Iraqis" [www.hrw.org...]
8/9 Dec. 2003 AP: Total murders
New survey estimates 61,000 residents of Baghdad executed by Saddam.
US Government estimates a total of 300,000 murders
180,000 Kurds k. in Anfal
60,000 Shiites in 1991
50,000 misc. others executed
"Human rights officials" est.: 500,000
Iraqi politicians: over a million

one thing Americans don't talk about: the lives of Iraqis, or, rather, the deaths of Iraqis.

- Con

You are deflecting the subject-

A- Saddam did kill 300k-1million
B- The US has not killed 1 million or even 100k
C- The US has not killed more than the insurgents
D- Saddam is gone, and Iraqis now have a chance at a hopeful future, if the insurgency can be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Nothing but a bunch of anti-Americans on this board, Those of you that hate us and believe such BS, should tell your goverments that you don't need our millions in aid or any military support for your country. And yes I do believe we should GLASS the middle east. Islam is the poison of the world.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by lunchboxjunkie]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

It sounds like a Dunkin' Donuts commercial- time to make the donuts.......
yet they absolutely disregard Iraq Body Count, which at least tries to document every death before adding to the confirmed killed list. I'm sure they miss folks, but that's a far more realistic measuring tool than taking a poll.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunchboxjunkie
Nothing but a bunch of anti-Americans on this board, Those of you that hate us and believe such BS, should tell your goverments that you don't need our millions in aid or any military support for your country. And yes I do believe we should GLASS the middle east. Islam is the poison of the world.

Get out of here you loser. Learn some respect for life. What kind of person are you? take a look at yourself before you judge people. I'm shocked.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by jerico65

Nope. I know what I did over there, and I don't have any guilt about it. And I wasn't being used as a tool of Bush, either.

You don't have any guilt because you don't truly know why you were there, you say you do, I would love to know because I don't know anyone who does.

Nice condescension. We in the military are obviously too stupid to realize what's really going on, so we need people as well informed as yourself to educate us right?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No- we don't all know that Bush is in the back pocket of the Saudis. High oil prices don't help Bush or Cheney. All high oil prices do, is raise the cost of business.

From the way you sound you seem like a smart person who is probably quite reasonable. That is why you are most likely are capable of doing some research on this topic, because you obviously haven't done your homework sir, with all due respect. There exists many articles in the popular press on the Bush family and Saudi Royal family and the long time business relationship between the two...also lots and lots of video footage to go along with it that will back up the claim, you just have to look (I even gave you one source by famed BBC investigative journalist Greg Palast who offers up plenty of documentation and resources in his book, and I would strongly recommend reading that...and the movie Fahrenheit 911 that came out four or five years ago is a good place for the lay person to begin in terms of the video footage and other information to assist you in the topic; of course if you want more proof you can visit your local University library and get a librarian to help you if you need it and do your own search on the topic--there's plenty there...Next time come to class prepared...do some digging...you won't have to go down very far!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Nice condescension. We in the military are obviously too stupid to realize what's really going on, so we need people as well informed as yourself to educate us right?

No I want to know the truth!
Tell me the truth!? Why did you have to go there, do you truly know why?
I assume you are better informed than me?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

I never said that friendships or business relationships didn't exist between Bush and members of the Saudi Royal Family. There's a huge difference between that, and saying that Bush is in their back pocket, and that his loyalty to them is greater than to his own country.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Get out of here you loser. Learn some respect for life. What kind of person are you? take a look at yourself before you judge people. I'm shocked.

LMAO!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

LMAO!!!

Ok your obviously a troll, bye bye have a nice time in ban land.

[edit on 31-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You're getting warmer!!!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

There isn't one simple answer to that question. There's a number of reasons why we're there. The debate over why we went is moot at this point though, as that can't be undone. Whether you view our going there a mistake or not(and I understand that you do view it to be a mistake), we can't make a huge mistake of simply pulling out, now that we are there.
The ramifications of that would be far worse than anything that's happened thusfar. The reason we are there now is to set the security conditions so that the legitimately elected government can function without internal threats to its existence. Another way of putting it- we need to set conditions so that the Iraqis can be self sufficient.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
In 1914 - 1918 902,000 british emipre people died as a result of World War 1. We called that war, the war to end all wars. Over 1 million have now died as a result of this confilct.

This is not a world war, this is one little conflict, which many belive is for oil.

Some one try to justify all that killing.

Fox

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join