It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signals Exceed The Speed Of Light

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spangbr
Here's an article on the topic from a reliable source. This is kinda old news I remember hearing it on the news when it happened;

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thanks spangbr,

Good article.

I know it's been out for some time know, but the press didn't talk about it. I have found many people on ATS didn't know the barrier had been broken. To me it's unbelievable, it opens the door to so many different technologies.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyxsul
If matter is to go faster than the speed of light, logic would say it becomes invisible. I doubt any size-worthy object will ever go faster than the speed of light.

Two years ago it was impossible to go faster than light, and would have been considered science fiction. Today it has been done. It seems that if we can dream it, we can do it. Science fiction is slowly becoming science fact.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88
if only we could makes spaceships that go that fast...

if we could speed up surten electrons or molecules or whatever we should build it in the design of these structures or create a field which recreates the same effects as those do. if so we can go faster as the speed of light.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

Originally posted by TekNo88
if only we could makes spaceships that go that fast...

if we could speed up surten electrons or molecules or whatever we should build it in the design of these structures or create a field which recreates the same effects as those do. if so we can go faster as the speed of light.

Some people (me included) think gravity is the thing that would allow us or aliens to travel faster than the speed of light. If you created a gravitational bubble in front of a ship it is theorized that you would move or warp space-time around the ship rather than the moving the ship through space. That way you could travel faster than the speed of light without breaking Einstein�s theory, because space-time would be the thing moving not the ship.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
maybe both may work or the gravity shields act in the same way the tachyon particals used to go faster as the speed of light. because these particles are going faster than light only thing is how and why if you could duplicate this effect we could go as fast as those particals, and maybe they themselves create some gravity waves or quantum distortions. that is where science comes in and not only think up theories but test them in space that is why I think going to the moon and build a base there is the best thing to do because from the ISS we couldn't do such things we have to be farter away from earth to minimize the risk if something runs critical. and you want some move space.

so we can think up these ideas but now we have to test them in the field. and retry some old theory because we couldn't recreate some if it then but maybe we could now with higher knowlegde and sensors to look what we did wrong so maybe the brown effects can be recreated only thing we may did somethings wrong in the past because someone did create some effects.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join