It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Led Zepplin's Subliminal Perceptionery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i just had to post a reply for this thread, check my username. led zep is in my opinion the greatest rock band of all time. as singular performers they are always listed as the best. jimmy page-ground breaking and extremely influential musician, jpj-exceptional studio musician and very versatile, bonzo-innovative drummer, and robert plant-the greatest vocalist of his time.

as far as all the deviltry and black magic bs- all done to sell records,and it worked

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would say that Zep is more fantasy than anything else. Listen to "Ramble On" or "Misty Mountains Hop". That is more out of the mind of Tolkein than that of Satan. It is known that they dabbled in black magic especially recording "IV", but Satanic?? I doubt it. They were just the greatest rock band of all time, that's all.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
i'm not sure i agree with "dabbled" in black magic, but page was definately interested in it and alister crowley to be specific. he even bought a castle crowley used to own. they were definately influenced by many cultures though, especially indian culture. such a diverse band, i never grow tired of talking about them or listening to them

as a side note, i am so hoping for them to do an american tour soon. page says he wants to after the success of their recent reunion show. i have heard nothing but good things about that. i was too young to see them in the 70's, but was fortunate enough to catch the page/plant tour several years ago and i was blown away. both guys were pushing 60 and still rocked. i just couldnt believe i was in the same building as them

<< 1   >>

join