It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House (Again) downplays talk of recession!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

White House (Again) downplays talk of recession!

www.reuters.com

ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - The White House played down talk that the United States might be headed for a recession and said a report on fourth-quarter gross domestic product released earlier on Wednesday did not change its outlook.

"I have not heard at all that we have changed our outlook, and we are not forecasting a recession," White House spokesman Tony Fratto told reporters traveling with President George W. Bush to California for the start of a tour of western states.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
LMAO! Are you kidding me? Are these people all inhaling paint or something? I can't believe how these folks all live in their little bubble world, alternate reality. The housing market is the worst it's been in 27 years, the cost of fuel and food are through the roof, and the dollar is almost worth less than the peso. LOL

Holy smokes...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You have to understand that the dirty world recession can not be played in election year because it makes the leaving president and its government a failure.

Bush is fighting a trillion dollar war with another more in trillion dollars of deficit.

Only us the hart working Americans knows better, but they think we are stupid.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Very few politians and oilmen are suffering from anything remotely similar to a recession, they are recession proof. Only those struggling with money problems are having a recession. And they (we) don't matter. The war has tranferred untold money to large corporations. The subprime problem isn't a problem for the rich they can actually make money on it. Taxes on the very rich have been coming down for 30 years and must be made permanent. Jobs in general and due to NAFTA have been drained out of America. The biggest conspiracy to be perpretrated on the US public is that anybody in government gives a damn about them.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well there you got it people, another .50% on interest rate cuts before the jobs numbers report for the month of January.

They know this numbers ar going to be bad.

So yes I agree that the recession is for the hard working American no for the rich and the elites that rule the nation.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Initially the market reacted to the -50. The Dow needs to finish the week with consecutive closes above the 12500 level (on convincing volume), or it remains wobbly. The last half hour will tell.

You guys probably noticed Paulson and the president publicly pumping the economy right on the heels of the rate announcement. Damage control.

Greenspan doubts Fed's ability to prevent recession

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We have been "worried" about a recession forever! I mean, the FED dumps billions and billions and cuts and cuts interest rates...hmm, in a recession already? Nah! Ask Sean Hannity, the economy is doing great!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
what bothers me is the feds matched inflation at 4 points now its 3.5 and below inflation. so how does this effect savings account etc. anbody have insight on this please help?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You have to understand that the dirty world recession can not be played in election year because it makes the leaving president and its government a failure.

LOL. I didn't need a recession to tell me that

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Bush is fighting a trillion dollar war with another more in trillion dollars of deficit.

Only us the hart working Americans knows better, but they think we are stupid.

Marg,

These buncha banana throw idiots packing up now ARE a failure! I go back to this. If everyone would sit and think about why we have only had two presidential families in office in the last >20< years! And then use the electrons in their head to figure out that this is a bad thing. When you have 2 teams in any sport that has been on the top of that sport we call that a dynasty....?Well hate to bring the lame cross over there but apply that to politics...Some call it steady leadership, I call it a empire! 2 families in 20 years running the government is not helping this ever changing country move forward...more like two rear tires stuck in the mudd spinning for 20 years.

new topics

top topics

join