It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards quitting presidential race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I see that Edward being "advised" to drop out as Obama poses serious threat to Clinton nomination now..

Clinton will get the nomination, the conservative and white supremist in Dem will make sure of that..

Democrat will win the white house.. Yes.. First Lady President..

Edwards quitting presidential race CNN
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure how the republican side is going to come out, but I would love to see a Romney vs. Clinton race. Hillary has bushels and bushels of dirty laundry that needs to come out and I think Romney wouldn't hesitate to reveal it to the world. If McCain gets the nomination we're going to have a "happy happy nice nice" campaign from the republican side and Billary will attack, attack, attack like they usually do.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think it is too early to call the Presidential race just yet. There are lots of things that could change the race for any one of the remaining major candidates. Who knows what crazy stories are yet to be published or what scandals are yet to be revealed.

I fully expect both Romney and Obama will fight through to the Conventions no matter what happens. Edwards is more likely to endorse Obama than Clinton so that could make things more interesting. Huckabee probably won't do so well in the big Super Tuesday Primaries - that may be the end of him. If Huckabee were to drop out I think most of his supporters would go to Romney because he is a little more conservative than McCain.

Another thing to remember is the visceral hatred many millions of Republicans have for anyone with the name Clinton. There are a number of 527 organizations with lots of money and lots of dirt on Hillary just waiting in the wings. They are "keeping their powder dry" until the nomination is official. I truly hope Hillary is not the Democratic Nominee just so my country doesn't have to endure all of the hatred, turmoil and divisiveness that will result from the savage attacks that will be mounted both by Hillary and against her.

I would like to see Obama vs. Romney for the November election. Both of them are less a part of the Washington establishment and have at least some hope of bringing new ideas and new people to the next US Administration.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Edwards dropping out? Oh my god! Does this fool not know that we have a service based economy? nI can hear the Faux news mouthpieces and Rush Scumbagaugh now: "The failing economy has been traced to a cascade effect caused by the Weakling Liberal John Edwards" .....

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
just like to ask... does it seem a little early to be dropping out for Edwards? also, guiliani's joke on Ron Paul, i didn't get that one. aaaaaanyhow....

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm thinking that Edwards knew from the beginning he had almost no chance. So, if he can drum up support from 10% or so of the voters he becomes valuable. When Clinton and Obama start calling him for his endorsement the question then becomes, "What's in it for me?" How about a nice cushy ambassador job or maybe even something bigger like Attorney General? Edwards is not dumb, I bet he comes out of this with some kind of "valuable consideration."

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry, duplicate post.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by itguysrule]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have heard that there are reports of Edwards having discussions with Obama about his (Edwards') endorsement. I think Edwards is looking for more than an Ambassadorship or Attorney General spot though; I think he is looking to be someone's #2 on the election ticket. How do you all think an Obama/Edwards ticket would do?

In any event I don't see Edwards giving Hilary his endorsement, so, if not Hilary, who is left? Only Obama. Add to that the recent Kennedy family endorsements of Obama and I think that come Convention time Hilary could find herself in some real hot water.

new topics

top topics

join