It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Makes It Clear - He's Not A Muslim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Barack Obama is stepping up his effort to correct the misconception that he's a Muslim - now that the presidential campaign has hit the Christian Bible Belt.
The Democrat has also confronted "troubling" comments from ex-President Bill Clinton - the husband of rival Hillary.
As he kicked off a week-long campaign for the South Carolina primary, Mr Obama referred to a libellous chain email about his background.
It suggests he is hiding his Islamic roots and may be a terrorist in disguise, adding he was sworn into the Senate on the Koran and turns his back on the flag during loyal oaths.

Source:news.sky.com...

If Obama is counting on the black vote to give him an edge, he will need the Christian black vote in the South. So far they have been rather lukewarm towards him, and seem to be pushing for Hillary. The white Christian vote seems to be going for Huckabee and McCain...so Obama has alot of ground to make up. It will be hard for him to out-campaign both Hillary and Bill.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think you haven't gotten many replies because this subject has been brought up in at least two other threads this past month. The allegations that Obama is a Muslim have been thoroughly debunked, and it has been established that he has been a member of the United Church of Christ for the past twenty years.

Obama is running a phenomenal campaign, and is getting votes from Christians in large numbers. His victory in South Carolina underscores his popularity with African American Christians.

Here are a couple of links you might find interesting:

Obama is a committed Christian

Speech on politics and religion

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
I think you haven't gotten many replies because this subject has been brought up in at least two other threads this past month. The allegations that Obama is a Muslim have been thoroughly debunked, and it has been established that he has been a member of the United Church of Christ for the past twenty years.

Maybe so but I heard when a muslim converts to christian then their stuck. They have to go into hiding. I lost friends in Egypt because I didn't convert to islam. They no longer keep in contact with me. I'm worried that Obama since his conversion that he would have threats against him.

[edit on 1/31/2008 by Leyla]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Leyla

he didn't convert...he was never officially a muslim. he was raised learning about different religion and decided to join his current one over 20 years ago..

there's no evidence that obama was ever a practicing muslim.

and honestly...
whatever happened to the "no religious test" thing?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Pardon my asking but why does it make any difference what religion one is? Content of character is what counts. At least that's how its supposed to work. Everyone preaches it, very damned few practice it seemingly...ooohh noooo, he attended a Islamic school as a little kid, that must mean he's a radical Muslim in disguise, ready to sell us out to the evil Osama Bin Laden, or which ever current bogey man is the flavor of the day.

Radical Muslims are a danger, but he ain't one, so this is a pointless conversation.

new topics

top topics

join