It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Edwards leaving race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

John Edwards leaving race

www.cnn.com

Former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards is dropping out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, CNN has learned.

The former senator has told top advisors about his decision. It is expected he will announce it at a speech in New Orleans, Louisiana, at 1p.m. Wednesday.

Edwards has trailed former first lady Hillary Clinton and Illinois Sen. Barack Obama in the early primaries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Finally. This should certainly make super Tuesday more interesting

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

Finally? I guess I just don't understand where you are coming from. My personal opinion is that the range we have select from in this country is far too limited. Edwards was a fine candidate and I am sorry to see him go.

If I had to chose one to leave the race it would have been Billary Clinton, I shudder at the though of more corporatists in the White House.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
people are dropping like flies now...

So the scummy Lawyer, and the Scummy x-mayor of NYC both left with in a day of each other...

Conincidence... i think not.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
people are dropping like flies now...

So the scummy Lawyer, and the Scummy x-mayor of NYC both left with in a day of each other...

Conincidence... i think not.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The U.S. could do much worse than Edwards in the white house. He's a populist in the best sense of the word. He's very well thought of in my part of the country. He didn't have my vote, but that was only because the Democrats had three strong candidates this time around. I wonder if his supporters will go to another Democratic candidate or to the Republicans. I'd like to see him run again in 2012.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i certainly hate to see Edwards go, as he was my favorite amongst the democrats. i would like to see him run again in 2012, but clinton and obama will still be around, so the same will probably happen again, sadly.

new topics

top topics

join