It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad tells West: Accept Israel imminent collapse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Well said, well said.

Thanks for the voice of sanity.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Albin]

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Albin]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
As I am sure this has already been pointed out but he would have been speaking Farsi (not Arabic), a language which owes to hyperbole and even if well translated cannot be taken literally. How ever, it is also important to remember that he is soon to face an election that either he will do badly in or may even loose, his anti-Israel rhetoric is likely to intensify as he desperately beats the patriotic drum to try and garner support.

It would appear to me that what he is suggesting is that eventually Israel will eventually have to face up to the way it has treated the Palestinian people. There are many mainstream movements within civil society that support the Palestinian people, and / or support a boycott of Israel. Increasingly Israel's occupation is being questioned by state actors, though I am sure it was 90% face saving to the Islamic world George W. Bush speech openly criticized Israel.

Conclusion, probably a large amount of cauldron stirring with a sprinkling of reality.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by tarichar]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Israel is home to millions of Jews, whose land was stolen in both Europe and the Middle East. Now, Jew-haters want to steal Jewish land in Israel. Palestinians are kept in refugee camps by the UN. Rather then allow the Palestinians to emigrate to Arab states, they brainwash them to fight for Israeli land.

If you look beyond the propaganda, the anti-Israel agenda is about taking away land from Jews. The European and Arab sponsor Hamas and Fatah to be permanent enemies of Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This is the TRUTH:

This is my OPINION:

The Jews can have that one little sliver of land and the Arabs can have the other countless acres of oil-rich countries and live under Sharia law to their hearts content if they so choose.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
No, This is the Truth:

Lebanon is NOT Israel.
Turkey is NOT Arab.
Turkmenistan is NOT Arab.
Iran is NOT Arab.
Azerbaijan is NOT Arab.
Afghanistan is NOT Arab.
Pakistan is NOT Arab.

I`ll reserve my opinion.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

well congratulations you just reduced an entire creed of people down to single entity. Thats as dumb as trying to claim protestants, catholics and quakers are all the same because they have the jones for some fellow called Jesus. If you want to really just break down the world into religion youve missed the largest muslim state in the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by crontab

really, perhaps then you could point me out Israel on a map pre-1947?

Thats the whole point, they are refugees, they want to go home: as sanctioned under international humanitarian law. Clearly the state of Israel cannot be dismantled but what could happen is either Israel help with the creation of a realistic palestinian state and or allow the right to return.

the holocaust is undoubtedly the lowest point of history of the 20th century, how ever, that does not excuse Israel turning Gaza and the West Bank into ghetto's and using similar tactics as the Nazi's did before before the creation of the work and death camps.

Finally, Ahmadinejad regularly refers to 'Zionism', the expansion of Israel to become Eretz-Israel. If anyone is attempting to steal land it is Israeli expansion in to the West Bank and East Jerusalem. This is only the latest in a number of explanations of 'Zionism', previous scholars even suggested that America could be the Jewish homeland.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The solution to the entire ball of crap that is the Middle East (and therefore the entire planet) is the end of (particularly) monotheism/Abrahamic brainwashing by the entirely scientific, rational, normal revelations of the (very apparently) intelligently nonhuman presence (plural) here. Or if that never happens we're eternally doomed to the whims resulting from the squirming worms in the brains of religious wackos like Ahmadinejad, Bush and whatever other monotheistic (including Satanic or similar enough) freaks. Calling "ET" now!

Let us bow our heads in the most solemn prayer/meditation that Contact (if applicable) won't be associated with just one human, or human-looking hybrid, leader. For to all Abrahamic (or at least Christian and Muslim) psychos, whoever comes first is automatically the bad guy. Brilliant. "Congratulations."

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Lebanon is NOT Israel.

I didn't say it was.

Turkey is NOT Arab.

Nominally, 99.8% of the Turkish population is Muslim

Turkmenistan is NOT Arab.

Turkmen of Turkmenistan are Sunni Muslims. Shi'a Muslims, the other main branch of Islam, are also numerous in Turkmenistan

Iran is NOT Arab.

Also known as the "Islamic Republic of Iran."

Most Iranians are Muslims; 90% belong to the Shi'a branch of Islam, the official state religion, and about 8% belong to the Sunni branch

Azerbaijan is NOT Arab.

According to official figures approximately 93.4% to 96% of the population is Muslim, of which 70% are Shia and 30% Sunni

Afghanistan is NOT Arab.

Also known as the "Islamic Republic of Afghanistan."

Religiously, Afghans are over 99% Muslims: approximately 74-80% Sunni and 19-25% Shi'a

Pakistan is NOT Arab.

Also known as the "Islamic Republic of Pakistan."

Census data indicates that 96% of the population are Muslims, (nearly 77% are Sunni Muslims and 20% are Shi'a Muslims).

I think the confusion was in my comment section where I used the terms Muslim and Arab interchangeably which is incorrect, I will admit.

reply to post by tarichar

well congratulations you just reduced an entire creed of people down to single entity.

For argument's sake, let's say with the variety of countries in the above map, most people would be able to find the Muslim country that suits them and their religious beliefs the best. Can they do that instead of denying Israel this one little minute sliver of land? It seems the Muslims have many nations to choose from. Israel has one.

Yes. It looks like greed and a spiritual battle to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think you're missing his point.

"Arab" does not mean the same thing as "Muslim".

One's a religious group, one's an ethnic group.

There are Arab Christians and Arab Jews, and the overwhelming majority of Muslims are not Arabs.

EDIT sorry I missed the sentence above.

Also about that "tiny sliver of land" - the problem is the fact that there were people living on it already, who had to get kicked out in order for Israel to be created. And the people that got kicked out and their neighbors are still pretty ticked off about it.

They see the Israelis as foreign colonists who took their homes away.
Because that's what they are.

[edit on 2/2/08 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Thanks. Which is why I said:

I think the confusion was in my comment section where I used the terms Muslim and Arab interchangeably which is incorrect, I will admit.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
I have heard many people say the Ahmadinejad never said he wanted to wipe Israel of the map.

I'm really confused here. I don't know what he means by this. If I could ask him myself I would. But I cant.

I was at a meeting where he was asked these questions and many more and i heard him explain what he meant.

He is a very informed person concerning the long term history of the scriptural nation of Israel, the prophecies of the christian bible concerning it, and he understands the background to the western thinking that Israel of the scriptures has a right to occupy Palestine.

He also knows the identity of the people currently occupying Palestine under the "Israeli" definition. He knows their history well and that they too are a displaced peoples who longed for a homeland.

However, he also knows that these people (ie the present Israeli) are not that Israel peoples of the bible and therefore that the now-claimed basis for these people being allocated territory in Palestine is false.

Accordingly, as he explained in depth in response to numerous questions, he does not object to the western creation of the "Israeli State" as a homeland for these homeless peoples because the west did make a deal with them to provide them with one, but he thinks that if the west wants to do such a thing, then they should do it somewhere in Europe or "in their own back yard instead of ours" as he put it.

He said he would support any action to achieve this end (eviction from Palestine) but he did not support any actions aimed at their genocide. He just wants the Israeli State removed to another place so the inhabitants of Palestine who were displaced by the Israelis can return to their homes.

It was noted that the western nations originally proposed Uganda and Madagascar as suitable venues for the displaced nation now calling themselves "Israelis" and he suggested Europe could still set aside a part of northern Italy or Germany for the purpose.

I did not hear him make any of the inflammatory statements or extreme threats as are being attributed to him in the western media. Our media may have an agenda of its own. It would sem we are to go to war with Iran as foreshadowed by US Presidents from Regan forward.

I just wonder why.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad should just DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Israel is a very good nation!!!!!!! If he wants to destroy Isreal he will have to go through the US and NATO. DEMOCRACY 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
what i say about Israel is that it should exist. That is the land god set for them.
Palestinians could have Gaza while west bank could be split! There problem solved!!!!!!!!!!! so what Israel has like barely any land! while the rest of the middle east.... Well I'm not counting!!!!! see so whats the fight about!!! There i just solved a world problem, Eat that.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
YES I AM INSANE

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley...I have been impressed by most everything I see you write.....The problem with your map here is not the fact that it points out Countries that are primarily Islamic in nature. Being Islamic does not make one Arab.......That is what these people are in such a hairball about......For instance Remember Cyrus...

Technically speaking the medians, parthians, firs, persians are of Iranian lineage...I still call them persians, but they are def not arabs....these kind of deductions can be ran through on your map over and over...

Muslim does not equal arab.....I am not upset with you but go back and do a little history.

For everyone who is jumping on you....ignore them and chock this up as a double edge sword of learning..That is really why we are all here.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ji_Ranz

Ahmadinejad does not select who is jewish and who is not jewish. God created a homeland for his people, the jewish people, and placed it where it is....he said the land would be established and he would call them home(not a quote) it did not say the middle eastern jew or the europeon jew. Ahmadinejad doesnt get to decide...that just sounds dumb..do you really buy into that?

I am glad you also attended to hear mr. Ahmadinejad speak but he told people what they wanted to hear..that was his purpose for being here. Propaganda...and getting people to understand his views.....and understand why things are the way he says......bologna. He played a fiddle, he cast a line, he made some koolaid. Did you drink it.

Really think about it

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by birchtree
Muslim does not equal arab.....I am not upset with you but go back and do a little history.

I know! I know!
It was a brain fart moment and I've already corrected it twice in other posts since the edit feature expired on the previous comment: See: HERE and HERE.

I made that comment at 2 A.M. and wasn't thinking clearly. I got the terminology "Muslim" in the map part right but then brain farted when I switched over to "Arab" in my comment.

For everyone who is jumping on you....ignore them and chock this up as a double edge sword of learning..That is really why we are all here.

Aw, thanks. Yes, we all have those momentary lapses.
I'm not worried, though. I defend Israel as a force of habit and deserve the correction for my Muslim/Arab above flub.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Oops. I didn't see you edit this part in.

Originally posted by xmotex
Also about that "tiny sliver of land" - the problem is the fact that there were people living on it already, who had to get kicked out in order for Israel to be created. And the people that got kicked out and their neighbors are still pretty ticked off about it.

I agree with that part and it does seem terribly unfair for the Palestinians. From what I've read, Palestine was not a sovereign nation. It was international territory owned by Britain and Turkey after the Ottoman Empire was dissolved. In the Balfour Declaration of 1917, the land was never to be given to the Jews and only the Jews. It was declared that it would be a homeland for both Jews and Palestinians. The treaty was later reneged upon by Britain, I believe, until after World War II when the U.N. finally agreed to make it an independent Jewish nation.

Of course, this still doesn't make the displaced Palestinians feel any better! On one side, I want to tell them to get over it and move to the other hundreds of thousands of acres that are the Muslim dominated countries. Horribly politically incorrect, I know. But on the flip side, I also read Israel is actually detaining some of the refugees and not allowing them to leave at all. I don't know if that is true or not but can anyone tell me if this is factual? If true, then I have to say this is deplorable but also must ask why are they doing such a thing? What are their reasons behind detaining them?

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer that.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

You make some interesting points. I will take a look at some of them.

Actually I do floss quite frequently

As far as neocon or evang Christians, I am not agreeing with you, they might influence, but do not run this Country or Foreign Relations. The CFR does most of that and arent they a godless bunch (perhaps) that leads us all into a more screwed up political world

You can disagree with my beliefs, but I believe in God and the idea that God set that land aside for the jewish people and that everyone would be against his people....well look around.

As far as palastine goes yeah they need a homeland perhaps Jordan and Egypt should not have seized their land in order to attack the tiny state of Israel and they would still have it...my deal is this if the Arab World (in general) is so concerned about Palastine why dont they cut them a chunk of their land ( I mean it works both ways right)

I will tell you why they dont, because they dont care about a palastinian homeland, they care about uprooting Israel....which takes it back to the point that why is everybody against israel? Kind of scriptural

As far as the book from Beirut to Jerusalem, it addresses both past. present and future social issues. It talks a lot about the social issues surrounding what we are talking about here..it also discusses why the people of israel are undecided as a people about a constitution...it would be something you would go back and read through as well as using as a ref to bash people like myself...but it is a very educational read and I am sure you would enjoy it....ISBN is 0-385-41372-6......

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join