It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad tells West: Accept Israel imminent collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad tells West: Accept Israel imminent collapse

www.haaretz.com

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called on the West Wednesday to acknowledge Israel's "imminent collapse."

Speaking to a crowd on a visit to the southern port of Bushehr, where Iran's first light-water nuclear power plant is being built by Russia, Ahmadinejad further incited his listeners to "stop supporting the Zionists, as [their] regime reached its final stage."
Advertisement

"Accept that the life of Zionists will sooner or later come to an end," the Iranian president said in a televised speech.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-1-2008 by JSR]

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have heard many people say the Ahmadinejad never said he wanted to wipe Israel of the map. However, when he continues to make statements like this, I have to wonder what he really means.

So, I ask ATS. What do think he means when he says things like this? Surly he cant mean economically. Does he mean through a war with militant organizations? Through population influx of some sort?

I'm really confused here. I don't know what he means by this. If I could ask him myself I would. But I cant.

What do you think?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-1-2008 by JSR]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Why ask what he means when the very next paragraph in the article explains what he means?

He added, "What we have right now is the last chapter [of Israeli atrocities] which the Palestinians and regional nations will confront and eventually turn in Palestine's favor."

If you want to make a point that Iran is scary and bad, just come out and say it.

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I wasn't trying to make a point.

but that statement is very vague. so, he is saying Israel will just decide they have been bad, and lay down and disappear?

im seriously confused by all of this. how in the world does he think Israel will collapse?

we are told by the US gov. that he wants to take out Israel. and then I hear its just fear mongering, its not true. then he says things like this. im really not sure how to understand the intentions here.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well you would have to remember that he (Ahmadinejad) would of been speaking in Arabic in all probability, so any thing you read would not only of been edited down (I believe he likes his speeches on the longer side) it has also been translated at least once. When you translate something you have the power to translate faithfully word for word - and from Arabic that would not be easy to read in English - or to get your interpretation of the message across.. Those who do the translating actually hold a lot of power as to what spin can be put on a message.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The president of Iran never once condoned violence.

He is disturbed that after WW2 the jews were allowed to take homes and possesions of the Palestinians forcing them into tent cities and behind walls and guns while jewish people live in the cities they built.

This was the Rockefeller, Rothschild, United Nations decision to kill and uproot Palestinians. The Palestinians had nothing to do with WW2.

As far as the president, he believes that Israel will collapse like the former Soviet Union.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

im seriously confused by all of this. how in the world does he think Israel will collapse?

ahmadinejad is educated and he knows that ALL oppressive regimes fail, Roman empire.. gone, british empire... gone, all the chinese dynasties... toast... etc. just like the US will some day and just like the country (probably china) will after that, nothing lasts forever and he is trying to rally his supporters by giving them hope and obviously cause a international scene. Also i think he pulls this crap to try and get a boost in oil prices, but thats just my opinion.

we are told by the US gov. that he wants to take out Israel. and then I hear its just fear mongering, its not true. then he says things like this. im really not sure how to understand the intentions here.

i've grown weary of anything the US gov. tells me, considering their track record. during times of war and conflict, propaganda flies farther and faster than bullets. both sides are practicing this because you need population support for your actions, if a leader wants conflict but doesnt sell it to the people (the people who will actually do his fighting) then he isnt going to do squat.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by turbokid]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a very ardent believer that he is instrumental in preparing
the way for the Mahdi known as the 12th Imam... and he prefaces All of his speaches for the reemergence of an Islam Empire headed by the returned Mahdi...(which is not ever reported by western media)
and Israel must be in chaos for this return of the Mahdi to happen

and if not himself, Ahmadinejad is certain that helping to create the
breakdown of the current order in the world, will allow the next generation of leadership to continue to build upon the foundation he built for the Ummah & the chaotic conditions that will be the condition of the civilized world....thus allowing the Mahdi to appear

pretty much the same way that the Cleric al-Sadar has created the
Mahdi Army and they are all waiting in Iraq to aid the reappearance of the Mahdi himself and be a standing army to do his bidding when he returns to ?'Samarrah'? at that gold mosque in war torn Iraq

[edit on 30-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I find topic of this thread misleading. Ahmadinejad is speaking about zionists there as far as I can see. Zionists != Israel.

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

i can understand that. makes sense.

but, how am i to understand his message to the west ( of which i am a part ) if i dont speak the language?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Statements like this is why Iran cannot be allowed to build a nuclear weapon. I believe we must take what he says literally and that he means what he is saying.

Given the opportunity, I believe he will start something that Iran cannot finish.

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

so you mean economicly then. right?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Do you really think he would nuke Israel even though he'd have them? If he is such a Palestinian sympathizer, I find it hard to believe.

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

are you saying he is just speaking to the internal people more or less? if he is trying to sell a vision to his people before action, would that action be through direct military confrontation? either through militant organizations, or Iran its self.

if this is the case, would I interrupt his comments as a vied threat? justified or not?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I wonder what the reaction would be if it was Israel saying to it Iran?????

I am sure many ignorant people would go on their Israel bashing, like normal.

I would love to hear that,"Accept Iran's imminent collapse." and all the BS that would follow.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Do you really think he would nuke Israel even though he'd have them?

I don't understand your second part to the question.
What do you mean "even though he'd have them"?

Yes, I think he would nuke Israel. He would probably do it through one of the terrorists groups they support so he could say that Iran had nothing to do with it. Then of course all the Iran sympathizers would believe Iran and protest any U.S. or Israeli response.

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

so you understand his comments as a not so vield threat of organized attack on isreal for religuos reasons?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Imagine Iraqi refugees were rounded up and taken to your hometown. The army shows up at your door and says "Leave now, take what you can carry!" while Iraqi refugees are waiting outside your door to move in. You protest and whine that for generations your family has lived in and built the city, only to be replied with a gun to your face or worse.

The question the Iranian president asks and gets no answer to is, Why did the Palestinians have to be displaced because of what Germany and it's allies did to the jewish peoples when the Palestinians had nothing to do with World War 2?

JSR

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

are you saying Zionist is not Israel? and the beef that Palestine has with Israel is unrelated to the comments he has made?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
I don't understand your second part to the question.
What do you mean "even though he'd have them"?

That should've been "even though he would have nukes."

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Yes, I think he would nuke Israel. He would probably do it through one of the terrorists groups they support so he could say that Iran had nothing to do with it. Then of course all the Iran sympathizers would believe Iran and protest any U.S. or Israeli response.

Then you understood preceding perfectly well

However, wouldn't he kill all the Palestinians which he favors in the process should he nuke Israel? Isn't that somewhat contradicting?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join