It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary ready to steal nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Last night Hillary won the Florida primary. As most ppl are aware, her win means nothing because the DNC, in a punitive action ruled that delegates from Michigan and Florida will not be seated at the convention.

Democratic candidates signed a pledge not to “campaign or participate” in the Michigan or Florida Democratic primaries. However, Hillary broke that promise.

Hillary Campaigns in Florida

Somehow, Hillary Clinton's name was the ONLY candidate on the ballot in Michigan. Had this state been in play 156 delegates would have gone to Hillary.

Florida normally sends 210 delegate to convention. All of which are suspended this year.

Last night in a speech to Floridians Hillary said:

"I promise you I will do everything I can to make sure not only are Florida's Democratic delegates seated but Florida is in the winning column for the Democrats in 2008."

I submit that if the delegate count is still close on Feb 6 after Super Tuesday, and no nominee has been selected - Hillary is going to try to take the nomination on the grounds of these FL and MI delegates. Expect to hear rhetoric along the lines of

Florida voters were disenfranchised in 2000 and I will not allow it to happen again. The people of Fl have spoken and you MUST be heard

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nothing new here. Between the absolute control of the media and the ability to manipulate votes via vote machines or stuffed ballots, the democratic process has been suspect in the U.S. for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

Just because the delegates won't be at the Convention, doesn't mean that they won't count in the General election.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I completely agree with the scenario outlined by the OP. I suppose the only problem she may run into is whether the DNP will actually step back and allow such a move. If neither candidate has a majority and there is no nomination, this is certainly one solution. I wonder though, what it would do to the democratic voters. Could Hillary gaining the nomination with such a move disenfranchise enough voters come November that the election falls to the Republicans?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by quango]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Can you show an example in Presidential elections where the ballot box has been stuffed, or the voting machine has been manipulated? There are folks from both parties looking out for this, and whatever procedural complaints they had, did not involve these occurances.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

There have been many threads with regards to this issue. Even in the New Hampshire primary there was a rather startling statistical anomaly between the hand counted districts and the machine counted districts.

In several recent elections in CA citizens noted illegal aliens being bussed to poll areas. Chicago was famous for having the dead vote in their elections.

In a Venezuelan election there was a huge discrepancy between exit polls and the machine counted results a few years back. Chavez's party actually controlled the company that designed the machines.

Of course then there is always this testimony.
www.youtube.com...

Here is some more info:
www.votefraud.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Can anyone inform me as to whether or not any of the other candidates, besides Hillary Clinton, have attended a Bilderberg Group meeting? The more and more I think about this, the more relevant it seems to become.

~Unit

new topics

top topics

join