It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Somalia is worst humanitarian crisis: UN official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Somalia is worst humanitarian crisis: UN official

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) - High levels of malnutrition and the difficulties of delivering aid make Somalia the world's most pressing humanitarian crisis, the U.N. refugee agency's representative there said on Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
If one keeps up with the daily news, they'll see a pattern emerging involving worsening humanitarian crises. Somalia is one of many. Much of it is related to rising oil and biofuel crop prices. The world needs to address this issue. These places of desperate people are easily swayed by charismatic leaders who make the First World into scapegoats for their conditions.

If the First world does not act in the near future we will be facing an angry starving Third World with nothing to lose. These people need aid, education, security and stability.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Argh this makes me so angry. It makes me think that we just need to start over.

This does not need to happen. In fact, the world has the potential to be in great harmony. This is probably the most corrupt time of history, without exaggeration.

The Earth sees Humans and their negativity and destructiveness as a virus of sorts. It is understandable that the Earth would like the cleanse this virus, as we have seen will the notable increase in natural disasters.

I believe a great cleansing will occur whether or not we want it, just as great cleansings have happened many times in the past.

I am very, very glad to say that I am really trying to do something about this.

Hearing about everything that goes on in the world brings out something in me. Something that allows me to sacrifice myself completely.

[edit on 30/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well duh, didn't U.S. bomb Somalia few months ago?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
The Earth sees Humans and their negativity and destructiveness as a virus of sorts. It is understandable that the Earth would like the cleanse this virus, as we have seen will the notable increase in natural disasters.

The Earth is a huge ball of rock controlled almost exclusively by geological actions, I'm fairly certain it wont be cleansing us anytime soon. The wave of natural disasters is non-existent, there have always been disasters it's just now they are reported more and more often so it seems like there's a big increase.

Anyway, back on the topic at hand.

This is what we should be committing our money and military to, not killing and destroying. We could spare billions of pounds/dollars/euros to these people if we just cut down on the war budget. I mean, how much would it cost to irrigate the entirety of Africa, give them hospitals, infrastructure and security?

The sum may be more than our governments want to hear, but we have stamped on these people for far too long, we owe it to them to give something back, to help them.

Take my country for example, Britain, do we really need more military capability? We're an island, no-one has invaded us for hundreds of years and I can't see anyone doing so in the near future. We should pull out of the Middle East and commit to Africa, as everyone else should.

The first nation to put Africa first is a winner in my book, be it North Korea, China or even the USA, they will win the respect of billions.

top topics

join