It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always afraid of dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
can someone give me an explanation to why i would have nightmares where i lay on my bed believing im awake but im actually still in a dream , and im so scared that i cant move a muscle till im actually really awake?

I've also had this dream where it was also near death for me...
I used to have the asthma-like problem when I was young and I was asleep one night , when all I could remember was me drowning in the ocean and I could not breathe whatsoever , I managed to open my eye's and my mom came in just in time

Can dream's kill you?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
You should study up on sleep paralysis, I'm sure it may help you understand. Or not.

AAC

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
my mother always tells me its from my lack of sleep , sometimes i catch like 3 hours of sleep in two days

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Rufone

Healthy sleep is paramount in the development of the mind. Balance is achieved through sleep. Find the reasons for your lack of sleep, confront them, and reassess your take on sleep.

My .02

AAC

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Sleep Paralysis my friend, about one in 10 is affected..

It works something like this. when you enter REM sleep your brain paralyses your body so you don't act out the actions of your dreams in bed. Now sometimes you wake too fast out of REM sleep and your bodies still paralysed and it takes a minute or two for your brain to wake your body.

now because your inbetween dream states and being awake while this happens, you can halucinate and feel like your body is being pinned to the bed. Alot of people claim to see either beings or people standing over them or leaving the room. Chances are your not even fully awake yet and your eyes are still closed, so your brain creates a plausable explanation for not being able to move.

When I was a kid it used to terrify me, now i get it about once a month. When I do get sleep paralysis I just lay there thinking, oh no here we go again, and put all my willpower into moving my fingers, once one thing moves, the paralysis usually breaks a few seconds after.

Some also say that Sleep paralysis occurs more amongst Lucid Dreamers.

you'll either grow out of it, or learn to like it

and that initial rush of fear/terror sure does get the adrenaline flowing.

P.S

there was a poster on here recently who believed that it may be due to dehydration, so try drinking a pint of water before bed. He may be right.

Peace...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
wow thats awsomely crazy!!

top topics

join