It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Australian Conspiracies Forum"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Recently i posted a thread called Australian Secrets/Conspiracies (check the link for more details) and was surprised to see so many Australians on ATS. I mentioned the thought of a Australian Forum in my thread and got many replies supporting the idea.

As i mentioned in the Australian Secrets/Conspiracies thread, it would be a great place for Australian ATS Members to meet and greet each other, plus talk about Australian Conspiracies.

Im not sure if i posted this in the right forum (apologies) but i think the need for a Australian Conspiracies forum would make a great addition to ATS.

Anyway im not sure where to go from here, but if we get enough Australian's to reply - we might have a chance...

Ok enough from me - its up to YOU.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Totally agree, great idea, some fascinating 'Perth' conspiracies based on the Perth Bell tower I've read about - would be cool to create a thread there if the forum was to be created!

Also since the populated areas are quite small (in the major cities) it would be cool to possibly meet some aussie ATSers'

I recommend this thread to tell people where you're from if you're in Australia - me - proud Perthite

Thx

KTK

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Im one of you too, good idea but.........

Estonians might want an Estonian conspiracy forum etc. This is the only stumbling block to the idea I see.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Yea I think it would be an alright idea, I didn’t realise how many people here in Australia are on ATS until I went into the Aussie Conspiracy and Pine Gap forums etc.

Mikey

[edit on 30/1/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It would only be a problem if a high percentage of ATSers were Estonian??

Possibly a category of "Country Related Conspiracies", and sub forums of "Australian, United Kingdom" etc...

Or maybe, there could be a way to cross reference posts, so it puts it in two places! like the Board Questions forum...(ats/bts)..

So it would be like an option of tagging... except if i put it in the 'UFO' forum - but also puts it in the 'Australian' forum too.... If its an Australian UFO thing

Thx

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There's quite a lot of Aussies on here, but I don't think it's a good idea, for the same reason KTK mentioned. Why not start up a new forum? They're quite easy to set up. All you need is some server space with FTP, install phpbb and away you go!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Im a Marty
some fascinating 'Perth' conspiracies based on the Perth Bell tower I've read

I am from Perth (now in Darwin) and I heard nothing about conspiracies about the bell tower. All I remember is that everyone through rocks at it when it was built

Anyone got a link to the bell tower conspiracy?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Im soon to be living in Melbourne, i'd support the idea

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Im a Marty
some fascinating 'Perth' conspiracies based on the Perth Bell tower I've read

I am from Perth (now in Darwin) and I heard nothing about conspiracies about the bell tower. All I remember is that everyone through rocks at it when it was built

Anyone got a link to the bell tower conspiracy?

I wrote about it on this thread about the Australian Outback..

The Australian Outback

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So guys, IF we really want a new Australian Conspiracies forum - whats the next step?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yeah good idea!
I noticed a fair representation of Aussie mates and supporters here...
and a lot of others at least with kangaroos in the top paddock!.lol:

Just like everywhere else there are many conspiracies in Australia,
Victoria, our version of Mexico,
South Australia the gruesome serial murder capital,
Sydney with its high profile pedophile rings everywhere,
Queensland the oh so redneck state with obvious political backhanding,
Tasmania where they recyclye "Irish, Polish and Nova Scotia" jokes as a guide book for life!
More than a few outback towns getting through the drought with the help of fine developments in hydroponics....

and the really, really bad criminals that escape justice change their name and move to the Northern Territory!

Then theres the theory that charcoal on the snags on the BBQ is cancerous...just as well theres an enzyme in beer that counteracts it!

I love Australia, but for all its faults I still reckon we are here to teach the world at least how to relax a little and have some fun in life.
Give everyone a fair go (with a little good-natured ribbing of course) and pull above your weight when it counts.
We dont have to agree much but the Aboriginal referendum was spectacular, percentage-wise, a shame the Government didnt really follow through on the ground but the heart of the people was there.

How we sponsored a forign petrol company be the main reasearcher for solar power is a good one, my they're so, so very slow it must be very hard, hmmm...

lets go mate, smokos over!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think it makes lots sense to have some Conspiracy threads devoted to paticular countries.

As far as I can tell there are more places in the world other than America
and in all honesty I believe we would find some great answer regarding other theories on here if we had input from other places..... Im sure if we asked Skeptic Overlord and the other site owners they would be more than happy to accomodate us

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by aussiespeeder

Just like everywhere else there are many conspiracies in Australia,
Victoria, our version of Mexico,
South Australia the gruesome serial murder capital,
Sydney with its high profile pedophile rings everywhere,
Queensland the oh so redneck state with obvious political backhanding,
Tasmania where they recyclye "Irish, Polish and Nova Scotia" jokes as a guide book for life!
More than a few outback towns getting through the drought with the help of fine developments in hydroponics....

and the really, really bad criminals that escape justice change their name and move to the Northern Territory!

You forgot the “Wait Awhile” state (Western Australia), lol where the sun god punishes those for moving their clocks forward.
Ah it’s alright, I grew up in Perth (saying that made me shiver).

You also forgot ACT, but I guess when you can drive through a place and miss it by blinking then it’s not worthy of a mention. lol

Mikey

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
One can only hope the "powers that be" allow this request to be granted...Not wanting to pee on anyone's parade or anything like that, but I'm not sure they will allow it, unfortunately...

In this case I'd figure it would be easy enough to run another forum offsite...

Peace and let's hope I'm wrong

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
you have to post this request in the board section , as I did last year and never received an answer back about it.

as good an idea as it is, I doubt that the ATS Amigo's would do it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I think they would rather have everyone on here under one ATS umbrella than a whole bunch of little umbrellas from different places....if you get my drift?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
New forum suggestions belong in two places:

• ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

• Suggestions

Closing Thread...

• top topics

join