It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zones of Creation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have a question. I am currently in class at a State University that is covering Sumerian, Akkadian, Babylonian, and Assyrian art, culture and religion.

What in the heck are Zones of Creation? My class is being taught that these ancient cultures belived in Zones of Creation and that Ziggurats were built higher to be in a higher Zone of Creation.

I have tried to find anything to support this and all I can find is New Age Quantum babble. My teacher is also adamant on the Ziggurats not being gates or stairways to the gods. She also claims the gods got their power from these Zones of Creation, like it has something to do with some mystical force or energy. Add to that that we were taught the Sumerians were a peaceful people who bothered no one and worshipped the peaceful goddess of love Innana.

Well, I think it sounds like pure crap. I'm hoping someone here can tell me whats right and wrong in regards to this.

I would appreciate any answers. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm surprised no answers yet. Maybe I'm being impatient.

I'll rephrase the question:

Has anyone heard of Sumerian Zones of Creation or is my LSU Professor wonky?

I would love some feedback.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd love to help but I'm afraid I've never heard of the term 'Zones of Creation'

(And as I'm sure you've discovered, a google search only brings up this thread ... )

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thats what bothers me, That a state sponsored university is allowing a teacher to teach something not factual or even hinted at in Sumerian cuneiform. I can't find any book, article, or web site that mentions Zones of Creation in regards to Mesopotamian myths.

What I did find was New Age sites and alot of Scientology stuff related to the concept: Zones of Creation.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
MikeboydUS,

My sources tell me that there is no such thing and that you should report your "teacher" to the Dean before she floats away, or worse, before she devalues your opportunity for a decent education at a most excellent and beer drenched party school like LSU!!!

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
If you really into it , there is always option to ask this person for good literature on this subject. Just say that you want to know more.
All i could dig on the web is that " There are seven zones of earth; heavens, symbolized by the planes of ziggurat." But i guess that if you take this course this is not new and is irrelevant.
Anyway, good luck with your quest for ZOCs
. (i tried to search it like this and found a lot of CIV2/3 sites...)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have studied a lot on ancient civilizations, and I have never heard about zones of creation...which is why i clicked on your topic...thought i would find out what it was

My suggestion is to ask your professor where he or she got his or her information from, quite simple no?

They should be quite able to provide you with a bibliography for their course.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would respectfully ask for additional information the zones from your teacher. There is no need to paint a target on your forhead by running to the dean. It is quite possible she has access to materials that indicate it as such.

I am curious about this, too. I haven't heard of the topic before which is why I clicked on it.

new topics

top topics

join