It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin is Said To Have Diverted TU24

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Absolute drivel.

Never ceases to amaze me the nonsense some people choose to believe.

The thing was NEVER going to come close to Earth for crying out loud!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Actually sounds like a very deluded individual pandering to other people with serious personality disorders.

This site (ATS) is great for "alternative" news, a few crackpot theories and so on but this conspiritorial gibberish without a shred of evidence or even a reason is beyond the pale. Please don't take this as a dig at you, you're merely the messenger but it's people who put out this stuff that destroy legitimate theories because they're simply crackpots!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I also heard Bus sized from major news outlets.

As did I. What will have happened is a press release or statement with a throwaway comment about it's dimensions got onto a newswire and every slack jawed hack on the planet used it instead of doing some real journalism!

What exactly is "bus sized" anyway? Where I come from they range from pretty damned big to tiny!

I hate how they always dumb stuff like this down. It's always "if stretched end fo end it would go to the moon and back fifty times" - how the hell would anyone judge that? Most people haven't been!

The media should be SPECIFIC in the DETAIL they supply.

On this and all other subjects. Most of us are quite capable of judging size and scale for ourselves if we know the measurements!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Well said.

I thought the world was going crazy for a bit reading this and the other insane thread on TU24.

Some people know how to whip themselves up into a frenzy over nothing, don't they?!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

We actually have things you can only dream of. Of course this is all on a need to know basis, so unless you've had such a need, you'd never see it.

Prove it. Unless you're just speculating - which is what it sounds like.

There are undoubtedly "black" projects out there but "things you can only dream of" - what do you think this is, Star Trek?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Just a quick reminder to all of you citing "coincidences" in the thread...

And most of you are discussing C2C...

Y'all know George Noorey does not believe in coincidences, right!!??

Ok, back to your discussion...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

I tend to agree p103. A French friend who has taken some amazing colour optical orbital shots of TU24 on the way out will appear on a site where English isn't spoken. I asked but his work has appeared before on websites uncredited and used to further disinformation so I can't post them. 14" Celestron too - nice!!!! We have an 11" inch on order for future use in Northern Ontario out of the light pollution.

Um. I don't see any chunks, beam, spaceships or debris trail in the six colour photos and judging by today's orbital data no such diverting is occuring except in the minds of the willingly misinformed. It's a choice. It's not a big deal.

The story is only as strong as the cheerleaders and public's will and attention-span to follow. The outbound arc is the exact same as the inbound arc to 5 decimal places in the E MOID value. Had it been diverted in even the smallest of ways it would have been funny to watch them work with a rock that's tumbling. Click, click. Beams or not they'd really have to pull some G to match the rotation on final approach... but even better it's tumbling on all three axis X, Y and Z. So it really would be a clown show fitting of such "ELITE".

I really do not trust the non-ATS members pushing this $tory. I can't wait for the DVD!!! Or book!!! The day before release or the first viral-spin-up on an information site?

I'd point out those photos on the non-English site. They are all timestamped and registered with a notary public who witnessed the event with my French buddy in the West Indies. Oh and they're copyrighted and watermarked unlike his photos that were misused in past. Just to give them storyteller fellas and gals a wake up y'know. Nothing stops BS quicker than the hemorrhaging of green.

Cheers p103, I value your candor and willingness to share good sense in a world where increasingly stories and rumours of stories seem to be "THE" story,

Vic

[edit on 31-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
reply to post by phoenix103

I tend to agree p103. A French friend who has taken some amazing colour optical orbital shots of TU24 on the way out will appear on a site where English isn't spoken. i asked but his work has appeared before on websites uncredited and used to further disinformation so i can't post them. 14" Celestron too- nice!!!! We have an 11" inch on order for future use in Northern Ontario out of the light pollution.

Um. I don't see any chunks, beam, spaceships or debris trail in the six colour photos and judging by today's orbital data no such diverting is occuring except in the minds of the willingly uninformed. It's a choice. It's not a big deal.

The story is only as strong as the cheerleaders and public's will and attention-span to follow. The outbound arc is the exact same as the inbound arc to 5 decimal places in the E MOID value. Had it been diverted even in the smallest of ways it would have been funny to watch them work with a rock that's tumbling. Beams or not they'd really have to pull some G to match the rotation on final approach... but even better it's tumbling on all three axis X, Y and Z So it really would be a clown show fitting of such "ELITE".

I really do not trust the non-ATS members pushing this $tory. I can't wait for the DVD!!! Or book!!! The day before release or the first viral-spin-up on an information site?

I'd point out those photos on the non-English site. They are all timestamped and registered with a notary public who witnessed the event with my French buddy in the West Indies. Oh and they're copyrighted and watermarked unlike his photos that were misused in past. Just to give them stroyteller fellas and gals a wake up y'know. Nothing stops BS quicker than the hemorrhaging of green.

Cheers p103, I value your candor and willingness to share good sense in a world where increasingly stories and rumours of stories seem to be "THE" story,

Vic

Interesting post, and thanks!

I've been reading ATS for a while and can see a clear pattern emerging -

Event

Someone makes a claim of something out of the ordinary with no proof.

Others start to backup or "feed" off the claim.

If it's a big enough story, websites sprout up offering an "alternative" that the "NWO" didn't want us to know.

Eventually debunked or nothing happens!

I read these forums primarily because they link to lots of genuine alternative, space, science and geopolitical news which interests me. I've a reasonably open mind on most subjects and don't doubt some conspiracy theories are potentially true or have an element of truth within them.

Think it's time now though to start being overtly sceptical with some of the idiotic claims that pop up on here.

I don't "blame" anyone for believing them, some are almost plausible but enough is enough when it's a subject like this which appears to be based on nothing but the word of one questionable individual!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

You make good points all around. Besides Lockheed Martin didn't have the capacity to keep their own satellite from falling out of the sky.

"Fire up the Grav trac boys we're saving the world."
or
"We'll just finish caulking this O-ring that don't quite fit right and we'll get right on over to that asteroid diversion thingy."

I wonder if they bothered to check the Moon base to see if they needed more smokes and coffee....

BTW Vic, does that red "WARN" thing mean your about to explode or what?...

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Wow, the BS is flying around thick and fast these days at ATS. Whatever am I going to read next ?

Do you realise why the asteroid is designated 2007 TU24 ? It's because it was discovered in the latter half of 2007. Yep, that's right. It was discovered only a few months ago. That means that those amazingly talented guys at Lockheed Martin would have had to track the asteroid for a sufficient amount of time to calculate its orbit, design and build a spacecraft capable of getting to it, and then nudge it out of the way of Earth.....all in the space of a few months

I guess all of that captured alien technology is coming in real handy, eh ?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

not that hard
I wonder where Bruce Willis was arround the time they used the secret space shuttle to divert the rock

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
AAARRRGGGHHH!@! :bnghd:

Please.. not another 200 page thread on this stupid rock! :shk:

It was NEVER going to hit us, or shoot plasma at us, or cause a pole shift, or earthquakes, or tsunamis, or a war with Iran. It NEVER changed it's orbit from the moment they first identified the thing and it passed almost exactly where they said it would, a third of a million miles away where it was so small and far away that the best radio telescopes on the planet could only make out a fuzzy blob of pixels.

Most of the people who were sucked in by the ridiculous claims of the TU24.org website are right back here again, desperate to believe that there was some cover-up and secret mission to divert the asteroid and save the planet. :shk:

I repeat again, this rock NEVER changed it's projected path. There are literally thousands of observatories around the world that can use the projected orbital coordinates to confirm this dumbass rock is exactly where it's supposed to be.

Please just admit to yourselves that you were fooled, you got taken in by a bunch of shysters, and don't be so quick to believe the next con-man who tries to sell you a story. They are preying on your gullibility to make a buck and you're making it all to easy for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing.

I threw this info out there to get a feel for what everyone thought. I never implied it was the gospel truth

DEBUNKED.

Thank you all once again.

I like having an open mind, anything is possible these days, imo.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Interesting to say the least. I havn't listened to the whole thing yet, but will today. However, it seems that if there was an intervention between us and tu24, some astronomer out there would not have picked up on something, I may be way off there.

My dad is retired from Lockhead...I think I will pick his brain today, I'll post anything of relevance.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by althea041724
Pic of TU24 in flight on 29-01-2008 from University of Arizona:

www.astr.ua.edu...

Thought a few peeps in this thread would like to see it...

Wow, thanks for the pic! That baby is really moving!!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
reply to post by althea041724

THanks for the pic althea but I am hoping we get a closer look than that. On a related note I was reading in one of these threads about asteroid exploration and wondered if we should put probes on these recurring asteroids. It would make a cheap and efficient way to travel through space and take a look around. Maybe we can even take some samples and pick them up on the asteroids next visit.

Ummm, if we could put a probe on the asteroid we wouldn't need to. The probe would already be traveling in the same orbit as the asteroid. An asteroid is not like a bus traveling under it's own power that we can take advantag of.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Wow, the BS is flying around thick and fast these days at ATS. Whatever am I going to read next ?

Do you realise why the asteroid is designated 2007 TU24 ? It's because it was discovered in the latter half of 2007. Yep, that's right. It was discovered only a few months ago. That means that those amazingly talented guys at Lockheed Martin would have had to track the asteroid for a sufficient amount of time to calculate its orbit, design and build a spacecraft capable of getting to it, and then nudge it out of the way of Earth.....all in the space of a few months

I guess all of that captured alien technology is coming in real handy, eh ?

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Mogget]

Don't be silly. We didn't divert the asteroid. What we did was alter the Earth's trajectory.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well, so far I have heard some amazingly mind opening discussion on C2C, personally I really enjoy the topics/matter subjects. We can't just pass a shallow judgment just because what we heard may have gone against our personal belief! It really is in the eyes of the beholder, I have never heard anything on C2C that I consider immoral, negative, fearful, etc... Personally I find it very amusing, and really enjoy listing to these authors, Dr, Scientists talk about their research! Not sure why some people hate this station. C2C ROCKS!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sereda was extra loopy on C2C the other night. He was flying-off in all sort of whacky tangents. I got the feeling that even Noory couldn't follow along.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muddyrider

Originally posted by stikkinikki
reply to post by althea041724

THanks for the pic althea but I am hoping we get a closer look than that. On a related note I was reading in one of these threads about asteroid exploration and wondered if we should put probes on these recurring asteroids. It would make a cheap and efficient way to travel through space and take a look around. Maybe we can even take some samples and pick them up on the asteroids next visit.

Ummm, if we could put a probe on the asteroid we wouldn't need to. The probe would already be traveling in the same orbit as the asteroid. An asteroid is not like a bus traveling under it's own power that we can take advantag of.

Actually the asteroid does serve as pseudo "train station" of space. The probe would NOT travel in the same orbit as the asteroid unless it had the same trajectory, speed, and mass of the asteroid. I don't think we'll be building probes that are similar in mass to asteroids in the near future. So - it is still a legitimate idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join