It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Backs up New Ad with Straight Talk: GOP Rivals are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Fake Conservatives

First Here's the ad:

Ron Paul TV Ad: The Only One

Now Here's the straight talk:

“A real fiscal conservative always votes for balanced budgets, lower spending and would never, ever raise taxes. Every one of my opponents fails that litmus test. These so-called conservatives are misleading the American people about their records,” said Dr. Paul.

"It is interesting to see all of these guys calling each other liberals. The fact is they are all telling the truth. They are all a bunch of liberals...and Republican conservative voters know that. This is why real conservative leaders like Barry Goldwater, Jr. have endorsed me," continued Dr. Paul, a 10-term Republican Congressman from Texas.

Dr. Paul strongly supported Ronald Reagan's campaign for President in Texas in 1976 and was one of four members of Congress that year to endorse Reagan over Gerald Ford.

"When I was leading the Reagan delegation to the Republican National Convention, most of my opponents were voting for Democrats or cheering for Ford. And now they want us to believe they are true conservatives? It's all politics, it’s a sham and everyone knows it. That's why they are having a hard time getting true conservative voters to support them," concluded Dr. Paul.

www.ronpaul2008.com...

Here’s another short video about what Reagan said about Ron Paul while he was supporting his campaign.

Ronald Reagan on Ron Paul

So, is Ron Paul the most conservative candidate?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Conservatives should also remember Reagan's willingness to repeat his message-over and over again. Active minds find it difficult to repeat, in speech after speech, the conservative goals of lower taxes, less regulation, and smaller government. But when you give the speech for the 100th time, there will be someone in the audience who is hearing it for the first time. Younger voters are always being introduced to the conservative message.

reagan2020.us...

Mitt Romney:

Ron Paul's been spreading the conservative message consistently for 30 years, waiting for people to realize we don't need to compromise conservative values. While the Republican party has slowly accepted flawed liberal ideals, Ron Paul has been there speaking and voting against it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well I regard a balance budget as something that should stand above partisan politics along with secure boarders . The Republican party dug itself the hole it is in in the 90s when Newt and co opposed a balanced budget on partisan grounds in order to try and score points off the Clinton admin .

Beware of the logic at work because if you follow it Clinton was more of a conservative then Bush and the the last conservative Republican was Ike or maybe Ford. The right wing arm of the party and Neo Cons have lead the Republican party down the toilet . Also Reagan syndrome isnt helping new solutions are needed for new problems. Although it is possible to take aspects of the Reagan ideas and apply them to today world.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Ronald Reagan "The Speech" 1964 - Ron Paul
Part 1:

Part 2: www.youtube.com...
Part 3: www.youtube.com...
Part 4: www.youtube.com...

It’s a pretty long speech. He sounds a lot like Ron Paul there, but Ron Paul has spoken out against some of the things he actually did in office and the direction they've taken. I don’t know a lot about Ronald Reagan, but he sounded pretty good in that speech.

I don’t know how well Reagan’s record backed up his words, but Ron Paul has been very consistent in all his stances. He stands up for conservative ideals, even when they aren’t popular. You can check his voting record and speeches against the constitution or the conservative platform and it looks better then anyone else’s.

I just don’t understand why some conservatives, or any republicans, wouldn’t support him. He seems to represent all the things that are supposed to be conservative and with Thompson out, and Huckabee expected to drop out soon, I would think Ron Paul is the obvious conservative choice.

Neoconservatism emphasises foreign policy as paramount responsibility of government, seeing the need for the U.S. acting as the world's sole superpower as indispensable to establishing and maintaining global order.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's a conservative, a constitutionalist, and a Republican, but certainly not a neo-conservative.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Support for Ron Paul has been done to death as a topic .
Here is a relevant se arch . I gave up on the subject when it become clear that Ron follows worship him and treat him as saviour . But of course other candidates are fair game .

Well that is me done with the topic I have given my views on Ron Paul on other threads.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well I have nothing to say for my self, I guess I’d end up burning or sinking 300 years ago.

Here’s something else that’s recent and indicates that Ron Paul is the most fiscally conservative candidate in the race:

According to a report released Tuesday by the National Taxpayers Union, Texas Congressman Ron Paul is the only remaining presidential candidate who proposes net spending cuts.

According to the report, Congressman Paul’s proposals would cut government spending by over $150 billion, a conservative estimate of the spending reductions Dr. Paul has proposed. The report concludes that the other remaining Republican candidates, Mitt Romney, John McCain and Mike Huckabee, have proposed spending increases of $19.5 billion, $6.9 billion and $54 billion respectively.

“It should come as no surprise that when you crunch the numbers Ron Paul is the only Republican who would actually shrink the size and cost of the federal government,” said Ron Paul campaign economic advisor Don Luskin. “Romney, McCain and Huckabee don’t hold a candle to Ron Paul – the only true fiscal conservative running for President.”

In ten terms in Congress, Ron Paul has never voted for a tax increase or for an unbalanced budget.

www.ronpaul2008.com...

Sorry if your sick of political information. I read plenty of things here, and I‘ve yet to see a reason not to support him.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by captainplanet]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Some evidence of the wasteful spending habits of John McCain:

McCain Ends Year With Debt
The Associated Press - Jan 30, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) — John McCain, who ended the year with a $4.5 million debt, plans six coast-to-coast fundraisers in three days to capitalize on his Florida victory and front-runner status and build on the $7 million he raised in the first three weeks of January.

McCain's end-of-year financial reports, filed late Tuesday with the Federal Election Commission, showed he raised $6.7 million during the last three months of 2007 and had $3 million cash in hand, not counting end-of-year debt.

ap.google.com...

I'm sure it will get paid, but it shows you how he goes about managing his funds in a crunch. We don't need him borrowing more money as President to win the war the way he's been borrowing money to try and win the job. We need to spend less money.

I know Huckabee says he's come around on the income tax and that's good if there's nothing worse behind it, but there is no question with Ron Paul. He is just the most proven politician up there.

Why let anyone decide who runs your country for you? To say he can't win is weak, you should be making sure people know about him and not just handing over your right to choose.

He would dominate any debate if they'd let him go back and forth with other candidates and not just accept a chuckle as an appropriate response in a presidential race. Treat him with the respect that other candidates get on TV, then look at polls. That shouldn't fly. The majority of the people participating in polls get their news from TV.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The American Conservative Magazine Endorses Ron Paul for President

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Today The American Conservative magazine endorses Ron Paul for president.

Below are excerpts from the endorsement:

“Only one candidate has put forth a diagnosis of America’s current ills and has a vision to turn America off its misguided course.”

“By speaking about the benefits of smaller government and limited executive power, he has introduced a generation of young Americans to a more traditional and true style of conservatism.”

“Ron Paul has been a breath of fresh air in an otherwise desultory Republican campaign. Long may he run.”

The full endorsement will be available online at www.amconmag.com

www.ronpaul2008.com...

...We are under no illusion that he has much chance of winning the GOP nomination this election cycle.

Nevertheless we urge a vote for him. This campaign sends a signal to both parties that a significant number of Americans value their country’s great Constitution, that many conservatives reject wiretaps, waterboarding, and senseless wars. There is far more realism in Paul’s analysis than can be found in those Republicans who believe that Washington’s policy of borrowing billions from China to pay for the occupation of a growing number of countries is desirable, much less sustainable.

www.amconmag.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Captainplanet since this thread isnt getting a lot of replies from other members in this case an ATS might Blog might be a more suitable of getting your message across . You can purchase a ATS Blog from the ATS store which can be found in the Members Centre.

If you chose to do a blog send me a link to it via U2U and I will have a read. If you need points then do a Podcast .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't even know they had blogs. I checked them out, and I'd rather be here. It looks familiar and I'm not intentionally talking to myself, I just come back and post recent information about the subject when I come across it. It's easier for people to tell me I'm wrong or ask questions in this setting, even if they don't.

I would go strait to the 47 page master thread on conservatism, but it would turn into a Paul supporter bashing fest and I'm not interested in talking about people I don't know anything about or the odds of him winning. I think both points are irrelevant and overwhelmingly present in that thread.

In the mean time, if some news or information relating to why Ron Paul has proven himself to be the most consistent conservative running comes up, I will post it here instead of making 10 topics about how conservative Ron Paul is. I think you’d find that agreeable, at least you only have to see one of my threads in the list.

Thanks for the suggestion and interest though.

new topics

top topics

join