New Evidence Puts Man In North America 50,000 Years Ago- Atlantis?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

ScienceDaily (Nov. 18, 2004) — Radiocarbon tests of carbonized plant remains where artifacts were unearthed last May along the Savannah River in Allendale County by University of South Carolina archaeologist Dr. Albert Goodyear indicate that the sediments containing these artifacts are at least 50,000 years old, meaning that humans inhabited North American long before the last ice age
www.sciencedaily.com...

The findings are significant because they suggest that humans inhabited North America well before the last ice age more than 20,000 years ago, a potentially explosive revelation in American archaeology.

www.sciencedaily.com...

[edit on 29-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I cant help to think of the old Edgar Cayce reading

Essentially, by focusing upon materiality and ignoring their true spiritual nature, the people brought upon themselves a series of three cataclysms. The first, about 50,000 B.C., destroyed their major power source. The second, about 28,500 B.C., caused the continent to break into three smaller islands: Poseidia, Og, and Aryan. The third and final destruction – which is the one mentioned by Plato – occurred about 10,500 B.C. and caused the three islands to sink, forcing those who survived to migrate to other parts of the world.

from www.edgarcayce.org...

These 50,000 year old findings in question are being found in South Carolina.

Here is an image of the present day flooded Keys.

Here's a map I made of the area Edgar Cayce decribed. It is the Florida keys with about 130meters less water(pre-flood).

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
One also has to ask...

How do you lose cities?

How do you lose a continent?

How do these ancient site get burried in 3 meters of mud?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I believe that it has happened once, and it may happen again (130meter raise). to give the inside of the earth more land? (hollow earth)

Why the georgia guidestones at a 600+ft sea level?

Not the first I've read that atlantis was really the technologically advanced society that inhabilited the earth before they moved inside the earth or died, and our current civilization is the next atlantis.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Atlantis? Obviously not. Atlanteans used bronze age technology (at the very minimum). The article says they found stone tools, ie a stone age society at best. Since paleolithic stone age extends from like 2.5 million years to 10,000 BC, 50,000 years aint all that shocking to me.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This isn't actually new news, it's several years old. Here's an article about Dr. Albert Goodyear.

www.archaeology.org...

You can also check out the Dr. at Wikipedia, where it says that this discovery is controversial; meaning mainstream doesn't go along with it, but then they're not known to accept new information easily.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Atlantis? Obviously not. Atlanteans used bronze age technology (at the very minimum). The article says they found stone tools, ie a stone age society at best. Since paleolithic stone age extends from like 2.5 million years to 10,000 BC, 50,000 years aint all that shocking to me.

Stars awarded to you for not drinking the koolaid. Topper is one of a handful of 'troubling' sites around the Americas that indicated a population...however small...before the end of the last ice age. Once that 11kya bracket paradigm was broken down as it was by Tom Dillehay at Monte Verde in Chile, well now almost anything is possible. There was talk of 100kya stone tools in the Great Lakes (Thomas Lee), and 200kya at Calico, in California (Louis Leakey. No need to haul Atlantis into the equasion...let's give paleoindians and their forebears their due.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If Aliens were to land in the middle of Africa in present day and thats it, the Aliens would leave thinking that earthlings are still using spears and sleeping on the ground meanwhile other unseen cities are at the pinnacle of technology or...
Say in 50,000 years in the FUTURE, Earth is unreconizable due to some catacalysm but civilization started up again like it did in our past. Lets hope that these archaeologists dont start digging in Africa because they might come to the conclusion that 50,000 years ago men were still using spears and still living in the stone age.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
This isn't actually new news, it's several years old. Here's an article about Dr. Albert Goodyear.

www.archaeology.org...

You can also check out the Dr. at Wikipedia, where it says that this discovery is controversial; meaning mainstream doesn't go along with it, but then they're not known to accept new information easily.

I've been following Goodyear's work at the Topper site for years.

"Mainstream" has problems with it because what Goodyear has called "tools" could just as easily be merely broken rock. More study is required but at the moment these "tools" do not exhibit any sign of human manufacture.

When "mainstream" doesn't completely accept something, "mainstream" publishes their reason for holding off on accepting. If anyone really cared about the facts of the case, they could have easily discovered why it is that Goodyear's claims have yet to be completely accepted.

There is no cover-up or "holding on to their jobs" involved here. Goodyear has simply yet to make his case.

I hope he eventually can, myself, but there's no guarantee.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Although the following website is concerned primarily with Pre-Clovis sites in Texas, if you scroll down to the bottom you'll find links to sites in other states, including Goodyear's Topper site in South Carolina.

PreClovis.com

Harte

top topics

join