It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan Sound Levitation Of Large Stones Witnessed By Scientist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 06:04 PM
link   
... When the stone was in position the monk behind the small drum gave a signal to start the concert. The small drum had a very sharp sound, and could be heard even with the other instruments making a terrible din. All the monks were singing and chanting a prayer, slowly increasing the tempo of this unbelievable noise. During the first four minutes nothing happened, then as the speed of the drumming, and the noise, increased, the big stone block started to rock and sway, and suddenly it took off into the air with an increasing speed in the direction of the platform in front of the cave hole 250 metres high. After three minutes of ascent it landed on the platform....

More....

posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Interesting story - I wonder if this is true why this has never been heard about in the "mainstream" media - it certainly would be a sensational story. They article claims the film was not released until 1990, I would sure like to see it if it exists.

I doubt it is true - scientific societies do not classify materials - goverments do.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
While it would be cool if this existed, I really don't think it's true, the source site...is'nt the most trustworthy or reliable of sources.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure if that is the same site, but I saw that article a LOOOONG time ago. It was BS. Nothing ever came of it, nothing was ever verrified.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET/ENGLISH

From the source article:
The English Society for which Dr. Jarl was working confiscated the two films and declared them classified. They will not be released until 1990. This action is rather hard to explain, or understand.: End of trans.'

The fact that the films were immediately classified is not very hard to understand once the given measurements are transposed into their geometric equivalents.

I was unaware that English Societies were in the habit of declaring movies "classified". Do they accept FOIA requests?

As far as I know, levitation may be possible, but with self-discrediting claims like this one, and an absence of any sort of credible evidence to support it, this story has no more weight on the subject than any other form of fiction.

The truth is not found in suggestive innuendo or fantastic claims, but in simple, unadorned facts.

The source article seems to contain more of the former than the latter.

At least, that's how it looks to me.

P.S. The "theoretical analysis, by calculator" doesn't make much sense to me, and doesn't seem to explain the claimed phenomenon at all. If someone else can make more of it than so much numerical hand-waving, I would be interested in seeing that.

At the very least, I see nothing in the "analysis" that even remotely proposes how acoustic levitation would work.

To me, it looks like just a bunch of poorly-rounded numbers inserted to look "scientific".

To be "scientific", however it needs to make sense.

Can anyone make sense of that analysis?

[edit on 10/8/2005 by Majic]

new topics

top topics

join