It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Global Battle for Food, Oil and Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The Global Battle for Food, Oil and Water

www.ft.com

The meeting took place against a background of crashing stock markets, panicky interest-rate cuts and a massive bank fraud. The global financial system is now so complicated that nobody really knows how deep its problems run. This central “known unknown” means that all the subsequent big questions are much harder to answer. Will America face a serious recession? It all depends. How bad will the knock-on effects be for the rest of world? Search me. How should politicians and regulators react? Difficult to say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The black box economy
Feds accused of gold-price manipulation
World Markets Plunge - DJIA Futures Down Nearly 500 Points

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
A bit of a follow up to my black box economy thread with this article. Kind of wraps up the DAVOS meeting last week. Stating, yet again, our global financial problems run so deep and in such an intricate spider web, no one really knows how to deal with the problems.
A great read from the financial Times.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
should I invest in madmax apparel? But Im not doing the thunderdome thing.

this is some serious stuff, kinda makes u wonder all these problems are adding up to a single year to explode.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tranceopticalinclined

That's what it seems. things just keep adding up day after day. You know what happens when you stuff too much of anything into a small container. BOOM!!!! A very huge mess. Unfortunately, there will be a lot of good folks caught up in the aftershocks.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The fight for resources was entirely foreseeable. And I'm quite sure our buddies in the Pentagon saw it long before most.

In many respects, much of what I think we have seen from this administration was based upon this inevitability. It is the only thing that has ever made sense to me as an overarching rationale for the choices they've made over the last 7 years.

Regardless, it seems quite clear. The world our children will inherit will not be like the one we enjoyed.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by loam]

top topics

join