It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If abortion is illegal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If abortion is made illegal by law, what should the punishment be? Every crime has a punishment. So, what should the punishment be for people who have an abortion?

A fine? Jail time? Other?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Perhaps it should be the same as murder.

Thank goodness my mother didn't have an abortion against me even though my father wanted her too.

Hmm... it really is a difficult case though because this also depends on the circumstance such as potential death from giving birth.

I think Ron Paul talked on this well since he is also a doctor and has delivered many babies.

[edit on 29/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm not for abortions unless for medical reasons. One would think the person who has it's conscious would be enough punishment for what they did, and sadly it may have been the only option. I can only see punishment for women who use it as a birth control and or not responsible enough/repeat offenders because of lack of caring and or addictions and such.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
One would think the person who has it's conscious would be enough punishment for what they did, and sadly it may have been the only option.

How is that punishment? What other punishment by law only states that your conscious is the only repercussion.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Before abortion was legal it was considered murder and was punishable as such. If it were made illegal again it would probably be made a murder charge again. As it stands now, the mother has the right to decide what to do rather than the state, and it should stay that way. It's a matter of conscience and that's how it should be.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I can't see how it could be defined as anything but murder. I mean, the abortionist is taking a life. By definition, that's murder. The punishment would vary from state to state as it does now.

While I think abortion is far too common to my view. Having said that, I also think it is a neccessary last resort to save a mothers life.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
I can't see how it could be defined as anything but murder. I mean, the abortionist is taking a life. By definition, that's murder. The punishment would vary from state to state as it does now.

While I think abortion is far too common to my view. Having said that, I also think it is a neccessary last resort to save a mothers life.

So it would be ok, for you personally, to see woman go to jail for life if they have an abortion?

Could it be possible to give the death penalty to someone who's had an abortion? Wouldn't that be something?!

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LuDaCrIs

As I said, if the mother's life is in danger, then I have no issue with having an abortion. Also, allow me to expand that to include victims of rape and incest.

As a form of birth control? No, sorry. There are all kinds of ways to prevent a pregnancy from happening, that by themselves are virtually 100% effective.

Why is your hypothetical woman having an abortion?

I'm doubting a death penalty would result. That'd be just a little hypocritical wouldn't it? Should the mother be punished? No, desperate people do desperate things. The doctors? Yeah. Loosing their licence to practise seems enough. If and when abortions are made illegal again, which I don't think is going to happen. Don't really want it to happen. As I said, my only real issue with abortion is it's use as a form of birth control.

[edit on 3/17/2008 by seagull]

top topics

join