It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Health Care Dictators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hilary Clinton, John Edwards, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and anyone else who feel that making health care the law just doesn't get it.

This will be the first law of it's kind where you can be walking down the street and be arrested. For what? Not having health insurance?

How can people support this thinking? Making it illegal to not be covered is just another step towards a dictatorship that benefits the rich, and not anyone else. Only health insurance companies and politicians will benefit from this. People who don't have health care for the most part can't afford it. And if you can afford it, shouldn't it be your choice to get it or not? Or is freedom truly dead. So Hilary's and Edward's solution is to FORCE them to pay, affordable or not.

How exactly does that make sense? And why would people want that? So that numbers on paper saying 100% coverage look good?

You can't afford it, we'll MAKE you pay. Because that's how much we care. Who is benefiting the most?

[edit on 1/29/2008 by bigbert81]

[edit on 1/29/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ok, well I assume everybody agrees with me then.

Which is funny, how in the world is Hilary giving Obama a tough time? Do people WANT more laws regulating them?

Also, do they like it when people struggling have to struggle harder?

Makes me wonder...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just to help clarify things, here is a link to the 2008 Presidential Candidate Health Care Proposals: Side-by-Side Summaries

I think that it's a good idea to include links to topics that one brings up on subjects such as this one. It's a complicated issue with a lot of details that need to be expanded upon and clearly explained. This link to a side by side comparison of the different candidates' Health Care Plans might help.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Good point, thx for the helping hand.

Don't know why it didn't cross my mind.

This is something I think that SHOULD be common knowledge amongst anyone looking to vote.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
see, this is why we need a system like france has...
oo, i think i just broke the taboo of saying the french are doing something better than we are...

new topics

top topics

join