It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are they hiding big news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Over the past few weeks or so news has been trickling though ATS about the earth Being hit by an asteroid, And in between more news about a bigger one has huge chance of hitting mars? D o any of you remember that?

Please explain why the story featured here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even then it had a few comments on TV if my memory is right?

But since three days ago the story is nowhere to be found almost?

Does anyone not have a similar thought?

has someone done somethin to it?(MILITARY)

or has something else happened? this was huge news a week or so back,

Just like shoemaker levy 9? remember it was huge now i can hardly find anything, i brought it up today with friends and anyone i spoke to really, and they havn't heard a thing about it? went into a chat room 2 out of mabye 30 in there knew about it the rest where clueless.

Why has it become so insignificant we usualy have times of impact charts with trajectory, damage to expect will it harm us, we even have conspiricy theorists with its a spaceship or a missile etc, where is it all?

IS ANYONE THERE FOR REAL? YOU ARE REAL AREN'T YOU?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Today is supposed to be the day that if this asteroid was going to hit this is it and still no fuss? I really can not believe this is not big news,

scientist usually jump at the chance if it is made available, even just to observe the flyby if it misses, the last news i heard was it had a 1 in 75 chance of impact, Now any astronomer or astrogeologist will tell you that is huge odds and very exciting odds,

So i have decided i am going to collect all the news i can find today abou this and become the only as it seems ) source of news about this asteroid,

Please share any information you might have or come across also please? get the news out dont let it slip away..

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here are a few links to the asteroid and the news about it, so i am not insane it is real.

edition.cnn.com...

space.newscientist.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.latimes.com...

So what? did it hit, miss? where is the news? its disapeared ? why no updates, why no excitment? once in a lifetime chance to witness our future maybe?

Do they want to hide the horror of it?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
TU24 passed by us, just beyond the moon, yesterday. You can calm down now.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The other one missed Mars. They knew it wouldn't hit since Jan 9th.

An asteroid once thought to be on a collision course with Mars passed the Red Planet today without incident.

Astronomers first estimated that asteroid 2007 WD5 had as high as a 3.6 percent chance of striking the planet. Newer observations kept lowering the odds for the 164-foot space rock until Jan. 9, when NASA's Near-Earth Object (NEO) program office effectively ruled out chances of an impact.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Asteroid TU24 was never expected to hit Earth - other than by a few malicious scaremongers posting on a handful of internet websites like ATS.

The asteroid which was thought may hit Mars is now expected to miss it (there was never any certainty, and we now have a better idea of it's orbital trajectory)

No one is covering up any news. Although I notice there been no coverage of the news that a super volcano is not expected to erupt this week, nor that the Sun is not expect to go supernova this year .... Which presumably means both events are imminent

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thank you make itso that was what ive been searching for, but for somereason i couldnt, im usually so good at research, i seem to have failed this time

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

More of a reply to Anatomic Bomb, and Essan, did either of you read the thread? if you had you would have noticed this was not about TU24, It was about another asteroid which was reported to have been closer to hitting mars than that on January 30th.

However as another poster posted it missed and they knew it would from January the 9th. and that is all i was asking with this thread why has all the news on it gone away,

It appears i got my answer,

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Mods can you please lock this or delete it please? it just wasting space.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Azzllin, I think what you are perceiving is the opposite of what you think it is. It's not the lack of news relating to these events that's bothering you, but rather the abundance of reporting on these topics. Think about it, even though you've had a hard time finding much information on the brainwash box or surveillance system known as the internet (sorry, didn't mean to inject that bit of paranoia, but it's in the spirit of the thread), you heard of these things somewhere, sometime, somehow. Information is a drug to our species. Once you get a little, you need more and more to satisfy an ever-growing appetite.

Literally hundreds of these Near Earth Objects pass by Earth all the time. Don't get me wrong, statistically we're over-due for a catastrophic impact sent forth from the heavens, but in my opinion, we likely won't see it coming if it happens.

In your initial post, you indicated your observation that the "headlines" of these types of scenarios are becoming more prevalent. I for one, see the same thing. However, what really is frightening to me, that all of a sudden, these types of things are being fed to us. Think about what this does to us as a society. It fills us with fear. Just like the "terrorists". When we're afraid, as a whole, we're complacent, we become subservient in the name of protection from unknown evil and remarkable danger. Inject a one liner about an asteroid that may pass in close proximity to our only rock, in some obscure area of the media, and let the peoples minds build it into their own worst nightmare. The rest, as they say is history. Next thing you know, you have trouble sleeping. You lose your appetite. You become malnourished. Your immune system suffers, and you begin to have horrific panic attacks and exhibit the signs of clinical depression. Your family notices your withdrawal from life as they know it, and urge you to get help. Help, in the form of psychotropic medication, anti-anxiety drugs, anti-depressants, a shrink or two or three, and a healthy dose of prescribed, structured and dictated spirituality.

So, until asteroids become hazardous side-effects of anti-depressants, try not to get too up in arms about them. Remember, if the 'big one' is aimed at us, we're all in the same boat.

Err, just noticed how much of a ramble this post is. Please excuse me, sometimes runaway "thought-trains" find their way to my keyboard.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Lol we can all ramble, thank you for your post, i guess you are right, im looking for danger one way and its coming from another, yet it really isn't danger its force fed fear.

I think it is this site it is begining to make me paranoid, i need to have a break away from it, even though it is highly addictive, this seems to be the only place news happens and it sucks you in because as you said we crave information, and that information i seek is are we going to be warned at all, i doubt it.

Again thank you for your post and i shall see you up the pointy end of our little boat.

azz

top topics

join