It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor Haitians resort to eating dirt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

And you sit at your computer being self righteous, and not having a clue about the dark black hole that is Haiti. You would not last 2 minutes on the ground in that country and you would find no love there, only a violent attack for your belongings. The only thing good for Haiti would be the Nuke it, and end the misery...
I say that and I stand by it 100%. That country is a virulent open wound. I can't imagine the types of diseases that run through that country.
Yes my words are as sharp as a honed steel knife, but I assure you, life there is dispicable... If the Warlords don't throw you in a clay cell and feed you rats and maggots, the local criminals will probably kill you and feed you to themselves.

You obviously speak from non-experience in this part of the world, I can tell you hell exists in certain parts of the world, and you can actually VISIT them... I have personally witnessed how people with less than nothing live and how they've gone and brought children into their horrible existance along with them. That alone should tell you how ignorant these people are. I can't think of anything worse than having a child born in a situation like that, which could be prevented if the women didn't sleep with every person in a village, spreading AIDS and other hideous dieases.

You want the Yersinia pestis? Go there. Mycobacterium leprae? Vibrio cholerae? Yup got that too...

Which are in english Plague, Leprosy, and Colera to name a few...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Click here for more information.

[Mod Edit: Please do not alter staff edits. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 2/2/08 by JAK]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

So are you saying that they are starving because they have too many children, because overpopulation?

Haiti population: 8.4 million

U.S. population: 300+ million

I have yet not seen a report of someone starving in the US. The situation in Haiti is far more complicated than an overpopulation issue as many here think it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic
There is no point in talkin to that plonker as he is too busy enjoy the smell of his own farts, self righteous does not even begin to describe him!

Dude,you are way out of line, as I can see there is no point in having a discussion with you. And you might want to keep that attitude in check here, there is no place for that on this site.

[edit on 2-2-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Im not saying anything about overpopulation, i was explaining to another poster why poor people generally have more kids than rich people! read the posts beforehand please! and i was dead right in saying what i said and i thought i was very civil about it cause he apparantly wants me dead
again were back to read the posts

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
I have yet not seen a report of someone starving in the US.

What are you, blind?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

If you mean the homelessyou see out in the streets I have still fail to see one report that has been out that talks aboout how mant of them die of starvation. If you have seen one please point me in the right direction.

Homeless are check upon by different government agencies and religion institutions, and there are programs in place that are designed to help the poor in this country. You want me to start listing them?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Sorry about that friend! I just went back and reread your post and I confused you with the other members that were posting about overpopulation.

I dont like your opinion but you are very much entitled to it and I respect that.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

So in our magical AmericaLand, no one ever starves to death, ever?

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I have yet see a report about it to be honest. And even if you can find some isolated cases, I bet that if you go a search the reason for that to happen, those reasons would not compare to the situation that some of these 3 world countries find themselves.

Apples and oranges IMHO.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I'm really astounded that you need to see a report to know that. It's alright, though.

www.elca.org...

I did a Google search and found this site. Does this help? It doesn't talk about people who die - that's probably harder to get statistics of.

Edit:
Apparently ATS can't show links with hyphens properly. You'll have to find the United States part of that page yourself (it just takes scrolling down).

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yeah, obviously people go hungry, but bunch is saying do people die from starvation in the u.s, not counting mental illness(anorexia and the likes) there are probably a few cases but over all i would have to say no they dont, being hungry is different to being malnourished and dead, im hungry now, but im not malnourished or dying!

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

At least someone gets my point.

JM
I pretty much explained my position in my previous post, is not that I dont believe that this problem might exist in the U.S. but at least this country has institutions (private and government) that can work closely with the people in need.

My main point been that people here get help, people in these other countries doesnt.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join