It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's BRA Size at age 20 linked to future Diabetes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Alright... keep it on topic and clean.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
A little off the subject, but not too far.

Perusing photos of the high school beauties I went to school with in the late fiftys they look to be modestly endowed on average.

Even so, we - me and the gang - thought they looked great, especially when they wore sweaters.

My question is, I'm guessing the young women of today are the same as far as . . . physique? . . . goes and they look bustier simply due to the advancements in bra design.

True?

Or have our modern diets etc. caught up to us?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Here's the actual study in today's Canadian Medical Journal. Linkage. Hope it helps OzW.

Vic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by marg6043

Not so much breast size Marg but does diabetes run in the family. If a parent has it you're more apt to get it yourself. I'm the oldest and the first diagnosed. It will be interesting to see if my sibling get it as well. Not good, just interesting.

I thought diabetes skipped a generation. My dad got it in his teens. I am now 25 and still have no signs of it, so maybe its something that I am going to pass onto my kids

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

As in the infamous words of the movie: "The Devil's Advocate"

Al Pecino: "Are we negotiating here?"
Keano Reeves: "ALWAYS!!!"

I hear ya Elevated.

~Ducky~

ALWAYS!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I thought diabetes skipped a generation. My dad got it in his teens. I am now 25 and still have no signs of it, so maybe its something that I am going to pass onto my kids

You're young yet. I was diagnosed at 45. Will you get it? Don't know. You certainly can push it off by being active and eating right. Wish I had taken my own advice here. Will you pass it on? Again, don't know but if you instill in them an active lifestyle, diet, etc, their odds are better.

Funny thing about this thread? I see the Diabetic Clinic every 3 months. The last time? 4 hours ago.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I believe that if you don't have juvenile diabetes by now you will not get it.

But due to obesity adult onset diabetes can affect anybody.

Like I said the women in my family father and mother side do not have diabetes.

But my younger brother now 40 has been diagnosed with borderline adult onset diabetes, but that is because he is almost 300 pounds 6 feet two inches.

So the modern problem with diabetes is the one related to weigh and obesity.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I’m getting a bit lost on the heredity of diabetes; are we all talking about the Type 2, non-insulin dependent variety?

I’d not be surprised if there were some hereditary aspect to Type 2 since it tends to be associated with obesity and Syndrome X symptoms like insulin resistance.

Fortunately my breast size is only around AA. But then again I’m a guy.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
large breasts are often a result of obesity... obesity can result from injesting too much food, fatty foods and sugar ... personally, i think this is a lot like the 'studies show eating vegetables are good for you" stories... when people are overweight they have a much higher chance of contracting diabetes... so big "boobs" are merely a red herring... no?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well I am active, I play Australian rules football competetively for half the year, and I play indoor soccer for the other half. I drink excessively during the footy season (happens when your part of a footy team in tropical Australia) but eat pretty good. I weigh 81kg and am 5'11 and apparently thats a healthy weight.

Thanks for that link Vic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Jeuvenile Diabetes at this time of life? I tend to agree with you Marg.

The 'other' diabetes's....hmmm

My Grandfather 'developed' (proper word to use?) Diabetes in his 40's.

Physique? He was a tall man, over 6' tall.

I wonder how that factored with siring women descendants, exhibiting big breasts?

Well....let's see...(from my own personal ancestral knowledge) -

1. Aunts - Mother's side - DIABETES. Period.

Either part-diabetic (is that the proper terminology?) One Aunt, i.e. doesn't need to utilise 'the needle' or pills; watches diet.

OR?

Another Aunt uses pills (no need for syringes to 'stableize' worst kind of Diabetes)

BTW?

BOTH women had enormous breasts.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But due to obesity adult onset diabetes can affect anybody.

Like I said the women in my family father and mother side do not have diabetes.

But my younger brother now 40 has been diagnosed with borderline adult onset diabetes, but that is because he is almost 300 pounds 6 feet two inches.

So the modern problem with diabetes is the one related to weigh and obesity.

Is juvenile diabetes type 1 or 2? My dad uses insulin syringes for his but I couldnt remeber which one was which and which one is the worst?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well I know that the one you get related to obesity can be reversed with diet and exercises.

Because you are not born with it but rather acquire later in life that is why is call adult onset diabetes.

Juvenile diabetes if I am not mistaken will be with you for life and required insulin.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But now that I am older I see that it really doesn't matter actually is no the women the one with the problems, is the male group the one that have a problem.

Well...hey now! We're not all like that, especially those of us who are a bit more....feminine (I guess that's the right way to put it. Not your typical hairy barbarian waiting for the next hunt). We like that classy smallish perky ones, not overly grandiose balloons!

But per the article. I'm not sure I can see the connection. Is it just overweight people (which would increase fat deposits in to the breasts, and everywhere else unfortunately)? Or is it also small framed healthy women with just bigger than average as well? Because I doubt my vegan GF with a 28 DD will get diabetes, we eat way to healthy for that to happen (vegan). I hope I'm right.

[edit on 1/29/2008 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Hon, I can only tell you by experience that big gets bigger and heavier.

It will come that time when she may have to use a lot of support just to be able to function later in life.

My sister wear the marks of heavy breast on her shoulders from years of using support bra.

It is painful and very uncomfortable and she doesn't have diabetes.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
My ex had normal size ones at 20. but less than two years later they were massive..(yuk sorry). she has lower back pain all the time. her mother was very large and had got cancer young..

as for diabetes.... is it true that guys with one testi are at risk? also what about one kidney??

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

"large breasts are often a result of obesity"

I'll have to disagress wit you on that one.
Large breast run in my family. I am a regular healthy weight and I still have large breast always have. Even when I get really skinny, the chi-chi's aren't going anywhere LOL.

As to the study I think its sort of like what came first the chicken or the egg kind of question. You could say women with large breast tend to have higher rates of diabetes, but are their breast large from being obese or are these women in the study of a healthy body mass index and still at greater risk because of the large breast.

FYI. You can have a regualr BMI (body mass index) and still have size D or D+ breast.

Slighty of topic: I hate that people think just because you have large breast somehow you've done "something" or that you look trampy

My large breast were God given, and I will have no shame in them!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

No arguements in that division...I assure you.

THIS is what we are trying to determine.

Does Big breasts = Diabetes?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS?

Read this tonite: BIG FAT LIE?

It's The Type Of Fat That Counts

Although Americans are too fat, I believe in reality many are suffering from an essential fatty-acid deficiency. That's right. Many of us are starved for certain kinds of fats. This deficiency may be contributing to the rise in breast cancer, attention deficit disorder (hyperactivity), depression, diabetes, arthritis, immune system dysfunction, and PMS and menopausal problems, not to mention hail, hair, and skin problems like eczema and psoriasis

Wondering where the corrulation is...'FATTY ACIDS'?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

Wondering where the corrulation is...'FATTY ACIDS'?

They're referring to omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. The 'good' polyunsaturates. Fats are a combination of glycerol and fatty acids. 'Good' fats are the ones that provide 'good' fatty acids.

Note the liberal use of quotes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join