It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's BRA Size at age 20 linked to future Diabetes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The Bigger the Better?

Not so, as a recent study shows:

TORONTO - A woman's bra size at age 20 may predict her risk of developing Type 2 diabetes later in life, with larger cup size linked to higher rates of diabetes, a new study suggests.

SOURCE

This of course would not pertain to 'implants', but rather natural breasts.

Pretty interesting results, regarding 'over-weight' women/large bosoms!

Does that mean this research is perhaps ascribing increased risk to larger breasts when in fact it is the woman's weight that elevates her chances of developing diabetes?

Ray didn't think so, saying there may be something about carrying more breast fat that influences development of diabetes.

After adjusting for the other known risk factors, the risk for a woman wearing a B cup was 1.3 times higher than if she wore an A cup. The increased risk for women wearing C cups and D cups was 1.7 and 1.6 respectively as compared to a woman who wore an A cup bra.

Very interesting/informative read.

Bigger may NOT necessarilly be better...

Health wise...

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Duckey,

Healthwise...

I have to agree, not only the weight but health as well. I know the latest craze is big boobs, but i would rather be more like the Paris Hiltons of the world than the Pamela Andersons of the world.

Its unhealthy and they just get in the way!
"They" can be vulgar also. :shk:

I would get rid of mine if i had the $, not completely, but i would reduce not add.

As far as diabetes, i really do beleive it runs in families. Maybe im wrong.
Wouldnt be the first time.

Good article, though.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This news piece made a young lady here take notice yesterday when CBC broadcast it. Not a bit of fat on that frame... but the hootage is a concern. Used to be just back and shoulder concerns... now a "troisieme-huit le double de D" is a diabetic-downer-disorder. It fits. Could explain a bunch. Starred and flagged.

Thanks Ducks',

Vic

[edit on 29-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It is solid fact that women with big breasts also suffer from bad backs more often than women with smaller ones. Ok I dont know if thats an actual fact but it makes sense to me. I have size 40d's and I do the best I can to keep a straight back and use good posture. As for diabetes, not good as it runs in my family tree. I love that fact that everyone is different. DG my Mom had the breast reduction and it helped her with migraines. I would love a reduction one day but its not important as my 5 babies all attributed to my tribal look! Nah the girls are in good shape even though I look better laying down now...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Nah the girls are in good shape even though I look better laying down now...
Oh God! I'm sorry to always see the humour in things, but this is a riot!!!

I got you, sister!!! I completely agree.

Ahem...back on a serious topic. Diabetis is no fun. I'm very glad it doesnt run in my family. We just have weak knees.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well at age 20 I had two fried eggs for breast, so I guess I have nothing to worry about it now in my old age.

Now that I got what I wanted to have at age 20 I rather find the C cups very alluring.

Now, my sister that was something else when she was a teen, I used to hate her.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Marg, two fried egg Marg.

Good for you, Margie.
You are very lucky.

And you wont develop diabetis either.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thanks, I could go without bra for years until it actually catch up with me, now I like what I have but rather than the C cup I am now I will love to be back to a nice B so I can dump the bra again.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

No wonder ALOT of women go for perky.

BOINK boink doesn't cut it in today's 'Ogling Society', as opposed to BOOM... BADDA BOOM... BADDA BOOM (keeping an eye on the richter scale...just joking)

Health wise...that is.

Is today's 'perception' of what is 'beautiful' RE: women's size of breasts...instigating/fueling young girls perceptions of Beauty?

Hmm...

~Ducky~

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Todays Hollywood starlets cant get anywhere unless they point north with a big set.

I just wish they werent such an influence on society and fashion! Not all of us can afford the boob job, although i do hear there's a special financing company that caters to body reconstruction. $99.00 down ONLY! Low monthly payments and easy qualifying!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So does this mean a reduction will reduce your chances of getting diabetes later in life?

Just wondering if anyone knows, because my girlfriend wants to get her DD's reduced after we have kids.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I agree Dg, even Victoria secret models have to pack in the front even if their backside is as flat as a iron board.

Because what they selling is not the bra but the promise of what goes after.

Interesting that At age 20 I would have given anything to have my two fried eggs turn into a nice C cup.

But now that I am older I see that it really doesn't matter actually is no the women the one with the problems, is the male group the one that have a problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There are many different factors that add to getting diabetes. Genetics being the premier one. My old man is diabetic, he's also over 300 pounds. I weigh in at 215 and I was diagnosed this year. Other factors include diet and activity.

I can see large breasted women being less active due to the strain. I have a friend that is well endowed and her shoulders are slumping due to the weight. She's in her mid 20's, slim and I can't see her running a marathon without serious pain.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Ahem...back on a serious topic. Diabetis is no fun. I'm very glad it doesnt run in my family. We just have weak knees.

I'm laughing....but then again....NOT...OY VEN.

Diabetes runs rampid on my mother's side of the family.

Funny thing?......OR NOT?

umm....pretty much ALL the women-folk on my Ma's side of the family is kinda 'endowed'.

The kind people that met me in person this past Nov. 5 ~Meet n'Greet~ in New York...probably saw me as being a tad over weight...as well as having big boobies. Que sera...

I had big bosoms EVEN before I got preggers...then after I 'launched my kids' into this world....ummm.. they (da girls) got EVEN bigger.

Ok...did I just DOUBLE UP on my chances of getting Diabetes....lolol

This is SERIOUS now.

~Doubled-up Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Intrepid, Sorry about the diagnosis. That's a bummer.

I dont like them hitting my face when i run or jog. Such an inconvenience.

slap slap slap..... ha ha ha

I know, i'll calm down.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

So does this mean a reduction will reduce your chances of getting diabetes later in life?

GOOD QUESTION.

As well as reduce the 'back-problems'?

Mabey so.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I agree genetics is a factor, coming from a family that in my mother side women are large breasted I took my father side no so large breasted.

But my mother is in her 60s and she has never been diagnosted with diabetes.

Neither my grandmother in my mother side and she is in her 80s also large breasted women.

So I wonder how much the genetics is a factor.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Yeah, the back problems seem to be her greatest concern. In my opinion I dont think there is any direct link between diabetes and breats size.

Maybe someone just wanted to get a Phd

Wonder why they even do these tests. Next we will be hearing that theres a link between testicle size and mortality rates from the ebola virus

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I saw the article today. Concerned me ALOT (wellllll..look at the size I am?)

I hear what you're saying Trep. Like I said, Diabetes 'runs rampart' in my fam.

Trying to find a corrulation regarding 'big boobies'/weight versus Diabetes.

I've been known to 'hide behind my 'jokes'....but in THIS case?

It ain't NO laughing matter. Genuine concern here.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Not so much breast size Marg but does diabetes run in the family. If a parent has it you're more apt to get it yourself. I'm the oldest and the first diagnosed. It will be interesting to see if my sibling get it as well. Not good, just interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join