It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Kind of Terror: From The Sky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I dont think so..if they wanted to instill fear from these black triangles they would have definitely played it up more..WHICH THEY HAV'NT. You heard the air force's response to this? Brushed off.
they dont want any attention to this subject. AlQuida still has another 10-20 years of life left in it.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

NASA and the MSM purposefully black out such NEO events and direct strikes because it would cause wide spread panic. TU24 was a case that made this point. People are panicky and tend to freak out fast if horrible information like this was given to the general public.

The reason they do not generally broadcast information like this to the general public is for public safety. If we all knew that a large commit or asteroid was going to smack into the earth people would riot loot pillage and generally run amok.

I don't see how TU24 was case in point for your claim. They knew it was NOT going to hit the Earth.

BTW, TU24 is a relatively small asteroid.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jainatorres

Or would they?

What better way for us nut cases to talk conspiracies than to have these objects flying overhead and to give the appearance that alien ships are among us?
I'm not saying they dont exist. I firmly beleive they do, ET crafts, i mean.
I also think the government is playing with our heads, imo, displaying crafts in plain sight.
Hiding in plain view.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Fear is part of the weapon. Ignorance is the other. Combining both will make it powerful.

As the media doesn't report such things, it isn't "grasping" that concept just yet. If it does, then it will bring in people who are experts in the field, which means that said expert will calm whatever worries there might be - which is the opposite of manipulating the population through media.

If a subject isn't spoken through it, not alot of people will know. Only those -as the likes of ATS- will have the upperhand of knowing -if true- from the rest of the public. Even so, it's not big enough community to fear.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We know about intimidation out here Dg and it WAS with the Black Helicopters. The helicopters were shiny pitch black, ARMED, smaller than average with no markings. It happened around the spring of 1994.
The two of them were coming out of the southwest going northeast heading directly toward our property. We were out feeding the goats at the time. I heard the helicopters and noticed the one in the rear had black smoke pouring out of it. I thought it was going to crash! They kept coming closer and the one in the rear continued smoking and making a weird noise. Since I had a medical background I thought I'd standby in case it comes crashing down.
Within a few minutes the copter in the front was nearing the powerlines. Which are about two hundred feet off our property. It hovered just inches above the powerline. It's nose was pointed down with the guns aimed right at us. (my husband, daughter & I). If the windows on the helicopter hadn't of been black we would have been able to see the pilot. That's how close it was! He appeared to be taunting us by showing how close he could get to the powerlines! The helicopter that was smoking was slowly coming on the scene. It was losing altitude while pitch black smoke continued pouring out of the back of it. The black helicopter which was hovering over the powerlines was waiting for it. In the meantime, it directed it's guns toward our house! We just stood there watching and NOT moving. The labored copter slowly passed and landed at a small airfield nearby. When it was safely on the ground the copter that was holding us AT BAY flew to the assistance of the labored helicopter. I don't think they wanted our help!
Both were on the ground at the small airport. A few hours later a huge Huey comes in and the one running black helicopter leaves. Than several white unmarked vans come from out of the cacti all over! The Huey leaves and the vans surround the black helicopter on the ground. They remained there overnight. We believe the Huey brought in a part and the guys in the white vans fixed the black helicopter on the ground. Later on that day the other black helicopter takes off to the southwest and the white vans all leave.
I believe if we were in danger of something that could destroy a major portion of the earth.....They WOULD NOT let us know. But like one poster said in the other thread we would see evidence. The rich would be moving big ships and trying to protect their valuable property.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
The reason they do not generally broadcast information like this to the general public is for public safety. If we all knew that a large comet or asteroid was going to smack into the earth people would riot loot pillage and generally run amok.

I look at it this way, if a comet or asteroid were going to hit, and pretty much wipe everything out, at least tell me so I can take the chance to loot and pillage. I think it would be kind of fun to do that at least once before I die

As far as controlling us through fear, sure, it happens all the time. But truthfully i'd rather worry about someone coming to drop a bomb on us, or some sort of terrorist attack. Why? Because I know that's something that could be prevented, or could have been prevented through peaceful resolution.

Some sort of impact event however, why worry about it? If it's going to happen it's going to happen, not a whole lot anyone can do about it (that we know of).

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Fear overrules many emotions.

I know how emotions work, its a vicious cycle, but in calmness lies our strength.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
All faith in government is lost, so this is the ideal opportunity. Just check the History channel, Discovery.
They are the biggest fear mongers of them all.
Which brings me to my favorite talk show: Coast to Coast. Are they in on this too? Could "their" truth be more fearmongering on a higher scale?

Maybe i'm way off on this, but its food for thought.

The biggest fear-monger in the history of the world is................

Religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by entropy

I can see your point when it comes to religion, but that's personal. Even if it were true, there's a bunch of "educated people" who believe such thing as God/Heaven/Hell is merely a fantasy/illusion.

Take an asteroid, aliens...people will likely believe IN that, as it's more...wordly and not a personal matter.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDove007

Take an asteroid, aliens...people will likely believe IN that, as it's more...wordly and not a personal matter.
Its certainly a lot

more tangible than religion. I agree. We are easier to get to with stuff in the sky as opposed to religion, and that's my point.
If this serves as an excercise of some kind, the past few days have been very enlightning to world governments. I beleive this could be plan "B"

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Personally I can't deny the fact that fear does control mind, but at the same time we are very curious beings! We like to understand things, it is part of our nature. So we pursue things that may fear us because we're addicted to our own destruction (since we have been conditioned since birth to see life in a negative way), but at the same time we always want to know more about the beautiful things in life. It's like having a hammer, you can use it to build a house or use it to destroy one. It is all in the eyes of the beholder.

To fix this "fear" problem is to help our own consciousness evolve, if that evolves that we will not be feared by our own curiosity. Key is to educate ourselves and be real/honest to our own intuition.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Absolutely. The big red flag op which is in the hooper next for public consumption is going to be that whole alien thing! Its going to be called something like, "OPERATION: Spectacular, Spectacular".

The crowds will gather to watch, and the glowy cloud will rain down something like in the 1980's cult film "Night of the Comet" or "28 weeks later".

They are selling advanced tickets today and reserved seating! (extreme sarcasm... only not funny).

Just try to remember the writers, producers, actors and director of this horror show are total no talent scene stealing hacks who couldn't make it in the real world of love, peace, compassion, integrity and truth. They have to control and kill people in order to get them to buy their bullschitt.

Religion isn't scary enough anymore.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I have witnessed many Unknown Flying Objects in these skies. The most being in September of 1995. None ever scared me or threatened us, like the black helicopters did in 1994. I know they were not the usual Military Black Hawks. There's no doubt in my mind that they were Black-Ops of some sort. They didn't want us being a witness to Anything.
Lot's of Military Activity going on here today. They're probably logged-on to the ATS.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Fascinating posts, MountainStar. All around there are very many interesting perspective being posted in this thread. In particular, I think it is interesting for a community like ATS to address the issue of fear as we are often accused by the masses of being driven by fear, which they often diagnose through misuse of the word 'paranoia'.

I had a thought lies with respect to NEO collisions:

Its possible for someone to try to justify a lie about Near Earth Objects. One might argue that fear causes suffering, and that the suffering of many millions of people would be futile if they are destined to be struck from the sky. This person might argue that telling the public would do nothing but waste what time the people had left with needless suffering.

The current public perception is that NEOs can only be detected within 2 months or less of a near-earth pass. Therefore, we assume that we are currently in the clear of all known NEOs and will have short notice of a near -earth pass before we know of a strike time at some point in the future. But perhaps that is false.

Imagine you are a military admiral and you know that there will be a large NEO strike sometime between 2012 and 2021, and it is currently 1965. You have 45 years to develop the technology and means to avert this disaster. Now you must decide if you will tell everyone. If you tell everyone, you cannot predict how humanity will react. More than likely, economic output would decrease asymptotically as one approached the strike time, as people become less motivated by personal gain. This loss of economic output would mean less chance of having the money and technology to aver the disaster. So you would keep your mouth shut, and keep the world economy moving, to try to maximize the probability of avoiding the strike.

I guess I am just not convinced of the inherent evil of government. I have met evil politicians, and have had co-worker academics who were liars and embellishers, and yet many of the people I have met in U.S. bureaucracies of government have seemed to be good people. Sure, they are screwed up and flawed like me, but not all evil.

In any case, I think that here in the United States and over in Britain, we have ample direct evidence from recorded media to indicate that deliberate lies propagating fear are the means by which our leaders move Western Democracies to war.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Cool Vid whens the release date ?

To much empthacis on "Giant Claw" I would be more worried about the "Giant DOO DOO"

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoterrestrial

I guess I am just not convinced of the inherent evil of government. I have met evil politicians, and have had co-worker academics who were liars and embellishers, and yet many of the people I have met in U.S. bureaucracies of government have seemed to be good people. Sure, they are screwed up and flawed like me, but not all evil.

I agree Ectoterrestrial that most are good people. I don't believe our government would use holograms to resemble a mother-ship to instill fear......or just to observe our reactions. There are parts within our government our President doesn't even know about....or doesn't want too. In 1994 we were alone out here and no neighbors for miles. If those guys in the Black Helicopers were just playing around......It wasn't funny.
It really scared our daughter. Great information you posted & Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I can't discount a phenomenon and believe another. If I believe there are 2 mile wide aircraft, which i do, mainly based on all the sightings over the years, then i have to believe that if we did have earthbound asteroids these vessels and god knows what else, has the possible ability to either change the direction or destroy them.

So i think that TU24 like many asteroids in the past 50 years was destroyed or had its course altered.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
while c2c may not be intentionally causing fear, they are. they will repeat what they hear in the news over their broadcast, thus adding to the problem.

I think this is a great point. I love c2c and I don't want to think that they are "in on it" (although the possibility exists) but certainly they seem to help spread some fear. I feel the same way about Alex Jones. I disagree with alot of his conservative Christian perspectives, but I think he is doing great work for waking people up to the fact that the natural function of government is the enslavement of people. Part of an elaborate disinfo campaign, or do "they" just 'let' these people be for some other reason? Someone else later in the thread mentioned this too, I believe... I think Jones is definitely more of a fearmonger than Noorey, but shows like these are always a double-edged sword.

They helped open my eyes to some things I may never have thought to investigate on my own, but they can also seem to discredit 'the tin hat crowd' and distract us from other issues.

As for the main topic of this thread, I think it is very important. Something is happening in the sky. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where the next false flag comes from. I do believe in "extra-terrestrial" life, although I think many of what we see as alien or paranormal experiences here on Earth are more likely related to trans-dimensional phenomena rather than spacecraft. (Just finished Graham Hancock's book "Supernatural" today and he talks about this alot. Great book too!) Somehow I think that the idea of flying a craft to other worlds, however advanced the technology may be, is still a very homo-centric way of viewing things. Wouldn't it be easier to travel here psychically or astrally? (for lack of better words, since we don't quite understand the science yet.)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools
(Just finished Graham Hancock's book "Supernatural" today and he talks about this alot. Great book too!)

Great book! I found it somewhat of an eye-opener. I've always believed in real, physical extra-terrestrial beings and crafts, but 'Supernatural' made me consider that there is definitely an esoteric element to the phenomenon. Now, I tend to believe in both. I'm sure we have been visited by physical craft, but I tend to think that cases of alien abduction are probably more often linked to trance-state/other-dimensional experiences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join