It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Kind of Terror: From The Sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think we are going to be seeing a trend of new fear, only this fear will be from the skies.

The days of Al Qaeda wanting to do us in may be over. The reason i say this is because the reaction the Internet world gave this latest TU24 was amazing to say the least!!! Why? Mostly because the world did not feel secure that NASA or even renowed astronomers would ever tell us the truth. We had over 200,000 hits on the TU24 thread just over the last couple of days, and some other prominent websites were completely down.
Questions to NASA from all over the world went unanswered or reassuring, but since we have lost all faith in these government agencies, or affiliated agencies, we just will NOT beleive what they have to say.

"They" know and manipulated the world population by not allowing the media to dwell on this, or do any substantial reporting. One way or another. The powers that "be" i beleive have finally found their ultimate boogey man!

I may be wrong, but i do think it was total manipulation, omitting any substantial news on this to get out to the public. Lying by omission. (sp)
Making people anxious. Watching the reaction.
The NWO has found its nitche.

What do you think?

Comments appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
yeah, fear is the greatest flaw of human emotion. if you can get inside of somebodies head, and scare them, you can control them any way you want, and these people are pros.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
All faith in government is lost, so this is the ideal opportunity. Just check the History channel, Discovery.
They are the biggest fear mongers of them all.
Which brings me to my favorite talk show: Coast to Coast. Are they in on this too? Could "their" truth be more fearmongering on a higher scale?

Maybe i'm way off on this, but its food for thought.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
while c2c may not be intentionally causing fear, they are. they will repeat what they hear in the news over their broadcast, thus adding to the problem. its like when you hear a rumor, and tell it to your friend, and they tell it to someone else, and so on.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Fear has always been at the forefront of control everywhere sadly, whenever there has been control the people have had a fear of something happening to them, in a thread i created last week i asked do americans fear their government and i got 3 replies.

and after seeing this thread im very interested in responces because i now think im wrong because it might jut be over trust, i certainly dont trust them with this information, and its time we had a civilian public open to the public agency for the purpose of watching the skies.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well the whole TU24 was an internet phenomenon and something that frightened a lot of people. We have to take stock in knowing that it's not just a probability it's an eventuality that a large rock from space will strike the earth at some point.

NASA and the MSM purposefully black out such NEO events and direct strikes because it would cause wide spread panic. TU24 was a case that made this point. People are panicky and tend to freak out fast if horrible information like this was given to the general public.

The reason they do not generally broadcast information like this to the general public is for public safety. If we all knew that a large commit or asteroid was going to smack into the earth people would riot loot pillage and generally run amok.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

i certainly dont believe that i fear the actual government itself, but what the government can do is scary.

sadly, i think of Hitler in ww2. look what kind of control he had once he had the country scared, and weak.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
sorry mods!! hit wrong key. Anyway what I was saying was that the terror isn't from the sky, it's from us, U.S. those who know keep us in the dark to retain their power. Whatever fear we have is fear of the unknown, not of what we know. Personally, I've never been more afraid than of what I couldn't see and deal with first-hand.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

The reason they do not generally broadcast information like this to the general public is for public safety. If we all knew that a large commit or asteroid was going to smack into the earth people would riot loot pillage and generally run amok.
I used to think that. I am now thinking that there's more to it than just looking out for our best interests.

Everyone knows that silence is conducive to panic also. Here we had a situation where the whole world (those aware) was paying attention and wondering about a potentialy hazardous situation and instead of reassuring the public, instead they pretended it didnt exist. To most of us that caused more worry than to hear someone legit come on the air and say "folks, dont worry, this is not going to hit"...instead we heard it from amateurs, and anyone else interested in sharing the truth, not from governments. Sure, i wouldnt trust the government either, but the silence is more suspect than some lie.

Dont get me wrong, a government spokes person would have still cast conspiracies and doubt, but not to the degree that silence did, and some of these government agencies being down for MAINTENANCE just added to the fuel. These powers that be arent stupid. They study our reactions, which is why i say, what better way to put the fear of God into us than to
send us something from the sky?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

there is plenty reason to be scared of the known as well. would you not be scared if a major agency like NASA said that a giant rock from space was gonna smack into earth?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
as i do agree with the fearmongering I also have this valid point

If you are kept aware of all info being it real factual stuff or hearsay or disinfo then your able to judge and weigh things according,

if you arent told about possbile threats how are you going to react if it just happens compared to not happening, at least if it doesnt happen and you were prepared as long as you dont " Over exceed" your reasonable means, then you just have stuff ready for any basic thing that required attention,

Its mainly about weighing the percentage of probability that the questionable event is going to accord as mentioned.
And really weigh all variabled both current facts and theorectical* ideas and im sure you will be able to tell things out.

But Im in no way a complainer at info, disinfo or not at least it was good entertainment, the classic kind Gossip.

We need more programs like C2C and even History channel, Yes we could do without the popular at the moment broadcasting but at the same time these are points of view that if anything will only enlighten you more of what life could bring or what possiblities are out there awaiting the bend.

Werd.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Tranceopticalinclined]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Not braggin', but one of the the things my employer (25 yrs) likes about me is I thrive under pressure. That being said, I would not be afraid of the inevitable, as I don't fear death. That, however, doesn't mean I want to die. I know it's coming. Yeah,O.K. I'm not God, I can't stop an irresistable force.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

i believe there is a difference in thriving under pressure in a work environment, and thriving in the face of death. althoguh, in certain situations, the two could be one in the same, haha.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
omitting any substantial news on this to get out to the public. Lying by omission.

Well, I don't think it was "lying". There really was nothing to report on the astroid. Everything showed it missing by a great distance.

If this astroid was all over the news everyone would be crying "fear tactics" then as well.

The story was ignored because it was not that newsworthy.

Also, I think only a very small minority were actually scared by this event.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i'm always remind of the Epic of Deluge when the gods in heaven know of an upcoming catacysm and conspire to not tell the humans... nothing ever changes... what's that henny penny?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
All faith in government is lost, so this is the ideal opportunity. Just check the History channel, Discovery.
They are the biggest fear mongers of them all.
Which brings me to my favorite talk show: Coast to Coast. Are they in on this too? Could "their" truth be more fearmongering on a higher scale?

Maybe i'm way off on this, but its food for thought.

I just made a post a few minutes ago in another thread about the "Discofear Channel" and others being perverted into fear mongering machines. I don't think the "end is near" message being pounded into our collective pshyche (spelling?) is because advertisers demand it, but because we are being conditioned to be scared and to accept what is coming next. Those of us that understand that Black Tuesday was a psy- op conducted using the mass media as its primary tool to fool and control the reaction of all of us need to be vigilant and wary. The effects of the last attack are wearing off, and those who are predicting another, probably bigger, attack to ward off the coming "elections" may very well be right.

As for the external threat of extra-terrestrial fear being played aginst us- one needs to examine very closely how last nights near-hit (why do people insist on calling it a near MISS anyways?- that means it HIT) of the asteroid was played out- with the nasa sites going down- etc. Was it a test? Were those of us online being used as guinea pigs to gauge reactions? Again- constant vigilance is in order these days, for those wishing to gain total control over us are very busy scheming to do it 24/7.

I recently was discussing Black Tuesday with a friend and I brought up that I thought the ultimate hoax would be to fake an alien threat- it would not be as hard as people think. I was working on a short story (that I really should resume) about just that- but from the angle of the hoaxers being the heroes- trying to wrest control from the murdering S.O.B.s currently running the show by undermining their grip on power and uniting the people with E.T. contact. Think about it- If NAZA showed video of an alien craft shooting a death ray and vaporizing the ISS tommorrow, we know that at least 90% of the sheeple would buy it. It would not require animatronic grays or anything nearly that complicated- the whole thing could be accomplished with a cheap CGI show and whats better than the 9/11 hoax-for the villains that is- is that nobody but them is up there. Anybody remember the crappy images that we were supposed to believe were "airplanes" used on9/11? How many people still believe it? WAAAAY to many- and the people who pulled that off are giddy with success- I suspect they figured that they could make people believe it for 6 months or so- they must be astounded by how stupid the masses really are.

Interesting times lay ahead folks- keep your eyes and your mind open.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
Think about it- If NAZA showed video of an alien craft shooting a death ray and vaporizing the ISS tommorrow, we know that at least 90% of the sheeple would buy it. It would not require animatronic grays or anything nearly that complicated- the whole thing could be accomplished with a cheap CGI show

Actually this kind of CGI is going to be pretty expensive. I mean you'd have to physically go to millions upon millions of homes and attach a little monitor to each telescope which shows blank space where ISS should be, not to mention re-package all unsold ones. Plus you'd have to infiltrate many world goverments and somehow disrupt their information monitoring systems (the Russians are no doubt listening). On top of that bribe like 10,000 NASA workers to keep their mouths shut.

Boy, CGI is gonna have a tough day...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The fear-industry is hummin' along. The terror from the skies as new? Could be. If one thinks historically speaking though... don't many celestial events create a situation where religion/corps can spin it up the way they want for the public to consume? Ka-ching! Eclipses, comets, meteors... super-nova... don't they all figure as the phenomenon that is used as fact-capitol to spin a yarn on the web these days?

Great insight dg! I'd never really considered it before... now? Yup, consider it considered considerably here.

Vic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Didn't Von Braun lay it out exactly how it has happened so far.

He said they would milk fear of terrorisim as far as they could, and then they would stage an event from the sky that would scare the bejesus out of everyone, so they could have thier reasons to weaponize space.

He was very adamant that they don't do that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join