It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting over mexico Januray 26th,2008 VERY REAL!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macrotus

And what's up with the misleading title? It should be retitled "Sighting of a parachute over mexico Januray 26th,2008 VERY REAL!!!! But it has to be aliens!!! Cause I wrote 'SIGHTINGS' and VERY REAL!!! in the same sentence. So who cares?"

Hold on there Macrotus. I don't think I ever said that it was alien. My intentions with this thread was to find out what it was and with the help of these great ATSer's I think we've pretty much accomplished that. I don't feel at all that I was misleading with the title.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan

No. It's CGI. Everything out there is cgi and can't be trusted. How can u tell that tv anchor is real? Huh? Maybe they're now making those videos intentionally blurry just for us to think it may be real, but it's actually cgi fake.

So, with full confidence, I'm calling this video a completely computer generated HOAX! I'm not sure if those sounds or even voices are real.

Sampling techniques can do wonders these days..

please leave this forum if your just going to poke fun.
you obviously know what your saying is wrong...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I couldn't find any other links or sources for this clip outside of ATS. Is it being discussed anywhere else besides here? If it's not, it makes me a little weary. I listened to the clip and they are saying "... they are identifying themselves so the planes don't collide with them". The closeups do look like it's a flare.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Helios813]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's something to chew on, flying at night is forbidden in mexico airspace. The only thing you will find in the air is the smugglers and the military.

Its not CGI but who's to say what it is, I find it unlikely that it was recreational skydivers.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
From what I see, it looks like a big paper balloon, you can't see any ufo like movements or anything. It's basically a paper balloon guided by the wind, some can be as tall as 2 or 3 meters and 1 meter width. On the bottom you can see some of the gas burning a piece of cloth and some burning ashes coming down from it. It´s not CGI, I like to make paper balloons for New Years Eve and this is how they work, exact same movement and burning ashes.
They can get really high, and you can see them almost like a little dot, if they don't burn in the attempt to reach the sky.

Later you can see another balloon coming from a nearby house and the first one coming down because it´s really big and there is not enough fire/heat to lift it. The balloons don´t seem to be far away either, you can see some details like the pieces of paper that make the balloon.

This is a typical celebration balloon in Mexico and in Latin America, I am from South America btw.

Check this site, it has a picture of a hot air balloon, on the bottom you put a piece of cloth damped with gas, the piece does not burn immediately btw:
www.overflite.com...

Keep looking for alpha centaurians.

Do I receive any ATS points for solving a mystery.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by PRJMDL]

[edit on 30-1-2008 by PRJMDL]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hey ya'll i have to agree with the other's who understand what the guys on the video are saying. on the video they say.... "they do this so the planes know where they are so they dont hit them"....and u can hear a young boy make a sound effect pretending the plane is going to hit one... and the lady saying "honestly" and they all see an other one and u hear the little girl say "...shooting star...." they are just jumping out of a plane with fire works....

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan_at_work

But it IS a CGI. I know it, the same way John Lear knows Moon has a breathable atmosphere.

Nope, you and John 'think' you know but neither of you can prove either way.

Personally, thinking something that's so obviously a man made lantern or whatever hence the fire at the bottom is CGI just because that's the cause of all UFO reports to some just is nonsense.

Also, saying it's your opinion and then saying you have no reason to provide a rationale for it just is daft, what's point of having a viewpoint and then refusing the reasoning behind it.

You might as well write one liners like 'its swamp gas' and just have people ignore your writings.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You know what would really help clear things up in these videos?

If we saw it till the end of the 'sighting".

In other words, you'd see either the fuel run out (and the flame dissipate) or the craft 'leave'...it would be so much better than having the clips just ebruptly end.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What you can see at the end is probably the balloon just burning, cause the flame gets really big and the balloon just goes down. But I am sure it is not a UFO or a parachute, I would expect some aerodynamics, speed/static, weird movements, lights or something strange, but this thing is guided by the wind imho.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
First of all. This is NOT cgi! I´m pretty sure about this and i have an eye for this, because i´m working in this businnes. BUT, i believe there is something entering
the atmosphere. Its a meteorite, spacejunk or a old satellite. You can clearly see a small trail behind it and that it looses small burning pieces. I´m pretty sure about this.

Or this is an alien ship with a race that has never been on earth before and they
cant manage to enter our atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by senshido

Couldn't agree more. Even my teen's FLIP cam holds one hour on 2 AA's.

It does make one wonder when footage is not shown in it's entirety.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well I think they are skydivers (as IAttackPeople suggested
), likeley the "Black Daggers"

Here are a couple of vids for comparison:-

The plane briefly seen in the original vid is probably the one that dropped the skydivers.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
First of all, Breadfan got exactly what he wanted because everyone starting arguing with him and paying attention to him.

Second of all, as far as the video is concerned, I'm inclined to agree with the posters who understand Spanish because I think the people who are recording the event actually do know what is going on and are discussing it accordingly.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
IAttackPeople & Xeros are right they are night skydivers with magnesium flares, they go out quite regularly and sometimes for partys like hen/stag nights! just do some search's

i think thats why you can see plane lights at the end of the vid it must be circling the area after the drop?

p.s. its not cgi trust me

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Tofu9]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

Nice post.
I saw the flames too and pointed them out in my post as well but I'm confused by what I am seeing here. if these were in fact flames would they not be brighter than whatever is creating them? Whenever a rocket or space shuttle launches the flame is always the brightest point in the sky. In this case, you can clearly see what look like flames coming off of this thing but they are not as bright as the circular object they seem to be coming off of.

Would that not also elminate skydivers?

My first thought was something traveling through a cloud layer perhaps making it look like flames when it is just the bright object illuminating the cloud wake it leaves behind it. But there is a problem with that too because wouldn't the entire cloud layer be illuminated just before the object passed through it? In this case it is clearly not (or at least it is not in this part of the video).

-ChriS

[edit on 30-1-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I can't tell what it is from the quality of the video that I downloaded,but I went to www.ufonations.blog and read the article there. There was a link from the YouTube site under "about this video". It just added to my confusion as it says three technicians were headed home after a party and witnessed the UFO. Was it a different UFO than the one that was videoed or what? Oh yes, I'm also in agreement with the posters that translated the audio in the background of the posted video but what's with the other article? Thankyou.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by michial]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Serious investigation here is like trying to stay clean in a mudfight. Uhh!

To many opinions, and not enough skill or scrutiny of detail or real investigatory aptitude. Guess this is not a place to do any serious work until we can see less armchair attitudes and silly negative poo slinging.

It's not even worth educating some people. New people come in from teen chat sites who feel free to snipe and insult with predisposed or dysfunctional and sociopath attitudes for nothing more than getting a reaction because they are emotionally diseased, or to dang young to know better.

I wish they had a section in ATS for staff approved users and serious investigation, but I guess I'll go to MUFON's site for that. This is turning into crap-chat.

Look at the low number of posts and negative numbers some negs have here to get a hint on these disrupters.

Cleaning off the mud, and going somewhere else.

ZG

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

It looks like the planet Venus.
It could be a weather balloon?
Why don't they just land on the ground?
Take me to your leader!
Do they speak spanish?
I guess the aliens are not afraid of the Mexican air force.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I felt the excitement from the children in the audio to seem sincere.

I am no expert but if they choregraphed the soundtrack they did a good job.

I will be following the thread.

umm... one of the children says "oh my gosh shooting stars, that is so cool," which those large things obviously aren't and they didn't scream ufo...nor did I hear a Mexican yell onvi.

For the person who mentioned sparks I could see sparks on that roughly 25 seconds into the film, and it would lead to be a fairly strong wind with that too, cause they are blowing pretty much horizontally.

The object is generally in position with the camera motions, but I really don't think we're looking at a UFO here. =s

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

It appears to be two separate incidents. There is a short blog about this video about 1/4 of the way down the page. One on the 25th and one on the 26th. The sky over Mexico has been a little busy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join