It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Canada pilot has mid-flight breakdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Air Canada pilot has mid-flight breakdown

www.upi.com

TORONTO, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- An Air Canada co-pilot reportedly suffered a nervous breakdown on a flight from Toronto and was in an Irish psychiatric unit Tuesday, Irish media said.

Air Canada Flight 848 departed Sunday night for London but the pilot decided to make an emergency landing Monday morning in Shannon, Ireland, after his co-pilot began "acting in a peculiar manner and was talking loudly to himself," a source told The Irish Independent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What could bring on a mental breakdown so quickly? Perhaps he was exhibiting signs earlier but no one noticed. Very strange.

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Maybe he went scuba diving and surfaced to fast . Flying afterward taking into account the pressurized cabin of the plane and a medical condition like the bends. Could cause him to become delusional and or hear/see things . As well as get violently ill .

Just a few cents to add to the mix.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR
Maybe he went scuba diving and surfaced to fast . Flying afterward taking into account the pressurized cabin of the plane and a medical condition like the bends. Could cause him to become delusional and or hear/see things . As well as get violently ill .

Just a few cents to add to the mix.

Did you just steal this from an episode of House?

I personally have no idea what happened. He was probably showing warning signs prior to take-off, but no one noticed.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm going to cut the guy some slack. It could be anything from a chemical imbalance to a brain tumor.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

You cant "Steal" medical facts . But i am a fan of the show . And it defiantly could have helped me in my conclusion(read:Opinion) . So yes and no i suppose . As it wasn't directly related to my post . But there is a small possibility that it kept that fact fresh in the old noggin.

Don't fly for 12 hours after a no-decompression dive, even in a pressurized airplane. If your dive required decompression stops, don't fly for at least 24 hours.

familydoctor.org...

new topics

top topics

join