It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit Deputy Mayor Resigns on Sex Scandal Text and lying under Oath.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is a great listen because it shows the level of corruption in our major cities and the blatant disregard for the masses. People are also calling for the Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick to do the right thing and resign.

NPR must Listen to radio broadcast about mayor of Detroit lying under oath and corruption

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his chief of staff testified in a police whistle-blower trial last summer that they didn't have an affair. Now romantic and sexually explicit text messages suggest they lied under oath.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Deputy Mayor Resigns due to Sex Scandal

DETROIT -- The chief of staff to Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick said Monday that she is resigning amid allegations that she and the mayor lied under oath about an affair.

In a letter to Kilpatrick that was released by his office, Christine Beatty said she believes she can no longer effectively carry out her duties. Her resignation will take effect Feb. 8.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Some of the text messages for everyone to read, out of 14,000.

Does anyone think this should be done on tax payers money?

What does lying under oath get you time wise? Read on.

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and deputy mayor Lie under oath and get caught.

"I'm madly in love with you," Kilpatrick wrote on Oct. 3, 2002.

"I hope you feel that way for a long time," Beatty replied. "In case you haven't noticed, I am madly in love with you, too!"

On Oct. 16, 2002, Kilpatrick wrote Beatty: "I've been dreaming all day about having you all to myself for 3 days. Relaxing, laughing, talking, sleeping and making love."

Kilpatrick is married with three children. Beatty was married at the time of the messages and has two children. She has served as the Kilpatrick administration's chief of staff since the mayor took office in 2002.

A prosecutor launched an investigation last week into the allegations, which came to light when the Detroit Free Press reported details of steamy text messages between Beatty and Kilpatrick.

A conviction of lying under oath can bring up to 15 years' imprisonment.

Both Kilpatrick and Beatty testified in a trial last summer that they did not have a physical relationship in 2002 and 2003, when the messages were reportedly sent.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I live in the area, and there is a long history of corruption with Kilpatrick. The guy is a crook; plain and simple. He has been busted on numerous occasions for misuse of public funds and is linked to the murder of a stripper at the mayoral mansion. The problem with the whole situation is that the county prosecutor is from Detroit and up for re-election this year and she will likely sweep it all under the rug to protect her job. The only thing that could convince her is that the predominantly white suburbs (probably 90% against Kilpatrick) also vote this fall, so she may go thru with it hoping to secure that vote.

join