It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthur C. Clarke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In his book from 1973, "Rendevouz With Rama", there are some interesting dates, perhaps worth digging into.

Here is a scan from the first page of the book.

What strikes me are the dates.

First we have June 30th 1908 - which is known for the Tunguska Event - the "meteorite" crashing in Tunguska, Siberia.

Then, we have February 12th 1947. It's also a historical date, a fireball and meteorite fall seen in eastern Siberia.

1947 is also known for the UFO Roswell incident.

And then there is another date on the same page: September 11th. The year is 2077 (it's a future scenario book), but yet the date bothers me.

Is there a connection?

Siberia is also interesting, not only because of the Tunguska Event, but also because it's the place which supposedly caused the Ice Age, because of yet another supposed meteorite impact. Also, because of the Stalin labour camps and rumored human experiments in Siberia. More that 20 million humans died in those Siberian Stalin labour camps.

And hen we have yet another "meteorite" crash in Siberia, in 1947. The same year as the Roswell UFO event. Is there a connection?

And why does Arthur C. Clarke chose that specific date, September 11th?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
You can check out any date in the year and something significant has happened during the history of mankind.

Just coincidence.

But I LOVE his Rama books and his work in general. Clark is a true visionary and an excellent sci-fi author.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard
Just coincidence.

Perhaps there is a coincidence. Perhaps not.

But interesting it is.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I bet all of us here, would love to know what Arthur c clarke found out in his life. People are always saying they will interview him, but i never see or hear any.

On the page, it could be something or not, but clarke knew alot of people, so who knows?

top topics

join