It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice and tailgaters...lovely.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OK, let me set the situation for you...

Two days ago it snowed approx. 6 inches on top of glaze ice left over from freezing rain the day before. Fun...fun...fun... Nothing I can't handle with a little extra care, and slowing down as I drive. No big deal.

Oh, but no... (Let the RANT begin).

I'm driving home yesterday the road is compact snow and ice, rutted, basically the road sucks. This moron driving an SUV decides he wants to examine the back of my car while going down the street. He's maybe 20 feet behind me, seemed closer actually..., this wasn't irritating enough, so he begins to flash his highbeams in my rearview mirror. The temperature in my car suddenly surged...I almost let him buy me a new car.

Ah, but it gets better...

Today, as I drove home from work, yet another living breathing example of why brothers and sisters should not marry, tailgates me down the exact same street. My god, people, is there not enough adventure in your life, you have to attempt to bring me into your adventures, too?

It ain't the conditions, it the morons out in the conditions that scare me... It's getting so that I hate driving in anything but perfect weather.

Geeze, people...exercize some of your God given intellect and get a bleepin' clue...

Tailgating bad. Tailgating when its compact snow and ice is tempting the Reaper.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I hear you on this one. People used to scare the heck out of me when I lived up in the northwoods in weather conditions like this. Roads were not salted, but some sand was placed at intersections.

People who tailgate are always in such a hurry! If you know the roads are going to be bad, please leave yourself enough time to get to where you need to go! Driving 10 feet behind someone is not going to get you there any faster.

I was rear ended by an idiot one time when a deer ran out into the road. I didn't get a new car out of that one, though.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
My mom bless her heart, really hates driving in the snow, so she goes slower then normal. Which should be logical thought, ice, snow slippery roads, longer to stop harder to control etc etc. Here in Indiana I am pretty sure everyone wants to be a Nascar driver, so they draft right off your ass year round. Well my mom was going home the other night, it was snowing really hard the roads were covered, and she slowed it down a little bit. Well the guy/girl dont know, behind her decided instead of flashing lights, they were going to actually bump her a little bit. So they did, they tapped her bumper about ten times in the course of a couple miles, then whipped around her honking the horn and flipping her off. She just smiled and waved at them. When she told me that story I was so pissed off, that is just ridiculous. If that would have been me, and I had my child in the car I would have stopped and pulled that person out of their car and whooped the crap out of them. I had a bumper sticker made, I was tired of people riding my ass. It says, infant in car, ride mine I kick yours.

I hate stupid drivers anytime of the year, but in bad weather it just makes the anger level rise up even higher.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I hear ya on this one. Tailgaters and aggressive drivers in general make my blood boil.

Nothing worse than some jerk thinking he owns the road. And really...what is flashing your highbeams and honking supposed to accomplish? If I'm doing half the speed limit OK, I should probably speed it up a bit. But if I'm doing the limit or just over it, get off my butt. I am NOT going to drive double the limit just because some moron behind me wants me to. Get a life before you cost somebody theirs.

The entertaining part about it is that when you don't move or speed up, these morons whip around you, flip you the bird, and start yelling like you're the one in the wrong. I just don't understand the mindset of these people, they seem to think that if you don't break the law along with them, then you're some kind of jerk trying to make them late for work or whatever. Read slowly tailgaters...the rules of the road are not suggestions, they are THE LAW. Meaning, you break the rules, YOU are in the wrong, not the guy driving the speed limit infront of you!

Hah, my original intent was to stop at 2 or 3 lines. I have a tendency to go on and on when I get rolling on certain subjects. But tailgaters are one of few things that really get me pissed.

new topics

top topics

join