It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans put the heat on top 6 Pentecostal Evangelists!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I was looking at the posts in ATS.
I was amazed how many are "god" related! Why?

Is America conflicted…. "God, Jesus”or freedom…. taxation or freedom, …security or pursuit of happiness….privacy or a “illusion of” privacy? Are we at the crossroads or have we passed the crossroad and went on down to a path of no return? As I look at the other threads, it seems, we may be, approaching the perfect storm.

That is, no true leader, impending war, signs in the sky(asteroids), signs in the clouds, (Global Weather upheaval), roaring of the seas (Tsunami), men and women seeing their whole world slowly spinning out of control.(threat of our 401k, pension becoming worthless with a stock collapse)....what is going to be the outcome?

Are we on the cusp of a golden age or is it the end of ages?

I need to look back just a few short years ago when I was in Dallas listening to Ronald Reagan speak.......he seemed to bring hope back to America, did not blow up the middle East into a huge FUBAR, and stuck to his convictions bringing an end to the cold war.....I know he was under pressure from so many...yet he always seemed to put America first...do we have a leader like that in the wings?

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.

- Ronald Reagan
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

- Ronald Reagan

Jefferson refused to acknowledge Christ as the only answer, but he believed in one nation, under God. What was the common denominator during this time in history? FREEDOM...from a tyrannical government, FREEDOM from some pompous donkey trying to tell you how to believe...FREEDOM from some donkey in government telling you how to speak, who to hang with, and how many guns you should own!!

"Don't Tread On Me" meant something back then. What does it mean now?
Where are the true freedom fighters...the Americans!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

i suspect the mega churches are somehow starting to defy the will of the politicians.

the way i see it the religious folk of america have been hoodwinked into following the politicians under the belief that they were godly and upright leaders,when infact they were just manipulating the folks faith to attain votes!.

you just have to look at the behaviour of the politicans,the corruption,the deciet,the selfishness,there is nothing christian like about them!!,actions speak louder than words!!

the masonic symbols?,well im not that wel read on masonry at all,but believe they are out to conquer the world!,they gota be hiding something dark to be so secretive,right?.theres a masonic lodge in my neighbourhood and i dont like the look of it!

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
A historical perspective of the Churches and government would show the government wanting to control the Churches and/or the Churches wanting to control the government. This struggle, that is a religious struggle, can be noted to the time before Christ as well as to periods after his crucifixion outside of the Holy City.

We can see moments of truth, come to light, during such periods of turmoil as we now see coming upon our horizon. Political force, whether arising from a religious body or a political body, will try manipulating the whims of the populace in its favor without regard to justice or truth.

Personally I see many examples of truth coming to light, in history, which, sadly, over time become the nest of the next tyrant. The tyrant may be a religious tyrant, political tyrant, or a mixture of both with a commonality of a lust for power above all else. In order to maintain power they need control. In order to maintain control they need the best mechanism of the time to influence the masses. This may be print, the word of the current religious majority, the word of the current powers in place such as University’s or Colledge’s..etc, etc.

If you look at the reformation, which had its home in Germany, we see a priest, Martin Luther, who saw that justification by faith the sole means of salvation, as opposed to the indulgences of the Catholic Church at the time. This caused a stir in Europe, gaining political support because the rulers at that time saw a means of reducing the tyranny of the church upon the governments of Europe. (mostly monarchies) They ran with this allowing this idea of freedom to take hold in the hearts of many. Imagine, your salvation no longer depended upon a donation to a priest; it deepened solely upon your belief in Christ. A yoke was lifted.

Yet even the Lutheran church, after gaining power, began to become corrupted by power to the point that during the 1930’s and 1940’s many Protestants and Catholics supported the Nazi’s.

As the Nazi’s gained power they, who courted church favor at first, then turned upon the Churches forcing many Catholic priests, Lutheran pastors(though not as many), Methodist pastors to detainment camps and to death.

They spared only those who towed the Nazi line. As this historical catalyst evolved, the Nazi regime, pushed for a National Church in order to be sure, to gain, complete power over the people.

Some protested, but the denominations as a whole, sought appeasement, allowing the gospel of freedom to water down completely.

There is far too much to explore when it comes to religions and politics. I will not bore anybody with any other historical narratives but suffice it to say you can find this same line of political/religious thought in Japan’s history, China’s history, India’s history, Persia’s history so on and so forth.

In conclusion, the US governments crack down upon the Mega-Churches smells of the above. I am not saying I agree with the Mega-Church’s belief system or the Prosperity Gospel. I am saying that this move by the Senator looks very much like the government moving into position to wrest greater control upon the American Churches.
www.christianodyssey.com...://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian.htm
www.necessaryprose.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is an update.

I am following goverment patterns as they build cases against mega churches.

I do not know why they are percieved as a threat.

Here are some of the latest headlines...

All have denied wrongdoing. But Copeland has fought back the hardest, refusing to answer most questions from the inquiry's architect, Republican Sen. Charles Grassley of Iowa.
ap.google.com...

also....

The committee could subpoena Copeland if he remains uncooperative. Neither he nor John Copeland, his son and the ministry's chief executive officer, responded to interview requests.
ap.google.com...

From what I have heard and seen Kenneth Copeland is a good man.

I would like to sit down with him sometime to hear if his views are beginning to change.

EDIT:...UPDATE...ap.google.com...

4 TV ministries won't comply with probe

WASHINGTON (BP)--Four television ministries still have refused to comply fully with a U.S. Senate committee's probe into their financial records nearly nine months after first being asked.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Everything that is said of the pentecostal televangelists could be said of the top personalities in any religion. The check pants republicans for the most part consider themselves above pentecostals. It is no suprise that now that the check pants republican no longer wants the votes of this conservative group , they are kicking them to the curb hard. I hope the pentecostals have a few good accountants and lawyers in their tail.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thank you for your post.

I am wondering if the Fedeal Goverment is testing to see how far they can cage in the American Church's.

There are a lot of very wealthy, influential churches in America and they could pose a threat to the NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join