It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this? Sighting Near Area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I came across this video, and didn't find it in any search, my apologies if this has been posted. I'm curious as to what you think it is. The footage was taken in Yosemite Park. I'm not convinced that it is a ufo, but for right now just unidentified. The person who posted this stated that two military jets circled the area a few minutes afterwards, no vid of the jets, however. I think that it could be some sort of rocket launch. The footage is very clear, quite beautiful.

Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Rocket launch sounds the most plausable. Anything around Area 51 I think is more possible a military test than a UFO.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Looks like a rocket with some sort of chem trail . Almost looks to simulate the "northern lights" Or Aura Borealis. Quite interesting indeed.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That is some nice looking footage. Why aren't all UFO vids this nice?

It looks a lot like the launches I see here in Daytona. They launch the shuttles and whatnot about an hour's ride from my house, and that's pretty much what it looks like, except the shuttles tend to light up the sky kinda orangey, and the flame from the rockets aren't really that bright.

I know that there are launch facilities in Ca., odds are it's something from one of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
That is some nice looking footage. Why aren't all UFO vids this nice?

I agree, wish they could all be so clear. I envy you living so close to Kennedy. I have not yet seen a shuttle launch...it is on my list.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112 I envy you living so close to Kennedy. I have not yet seen a shuttle launch...it is on my list.

Yeah, it's something I just don't get tired of seeing.
It always looks to cool.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I've seen this discussed before, its the launch of a military satellite into orbit. What we are seeing is the boost phase when it ejects the various "stages" of expended rocket motors, really quite spectacular!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

That's a missile launch. When I lived in Las Vegas I saw these things go up all the way from Edwards Air Base.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think I already said that, right above your post!!!! lol yea its a boosted satellite launch into the lower orbit of earth. Anyway re-read my post

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by hsur2112

That's a missile launch. When I lived in Las Vegas I saw these things go up all the way from Edwards Air Base.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have to agree with the missile/rocket launch. Nothing says the 'great outdoors' better then a rocket launch. It will be a great video to add to their family pics.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've seen rockets like this in Florida launched from Cape Canaveral in the evening. As each stage separated, the gases flowed out beautifully in a bright cone of light against the burned-out stage. The third stage was especially great. It was high enough that the sunlight made it an intense white streaming symmetrical cone against the dark blue of the eastern sky.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aruanan

Oh how I envy you too. See, that's why it's tough to be a skywatcher in Indiana. Nothing to watch!!
Oh wait, maybe the hail, 80 mi. wind, pounding rain, tornados, ice, lightening and snow (all in the last 2 hours) should be enough.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Certainly a missle launch! You can see them all the time at Vandenberg AFB!

What I actually find facinating....is that the person recording is able to hold his camera STILL !!!! Most videos I take, I can hold my camera still too. But all of these aledged UFO sitings have videos that are non-stop shaky.

*shrug*

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Cut out the name calling and get on topic please.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
A really nice clip you have there. One question about the footage though. I have noticed a bright white light around the middle of the clip on the far right. Its only there before the footage switches to a darker more distant view. It about half the size of the main rocket launch.

Or its just the moon judging from the scenery. Whichever one it is it would be good to check it out.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

Thanks for pointing that out. My feeling is that it is just a star (or planet depending on what was out that night). It was then obscured once changed their angle and the scenary changed.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Area 51 or Yosemite? Which is it?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My wife and I where driving back to camp in the mid 1990's after a day at Bad Water in Death Valley and we saw a bright strait line rising from the tall mountains to the west. We pulled over and got out to photograph a sequence of images, one of which is below.

When we got back to the store in the desert camp area, we read the paper and saw it was a launch scheduled from Vandenberg.

I have the whole sequence, but this one shows the approximate effect. We saw a strait line as it went up, then a burst and I knew it was a stage seperation fanning out as the trail was distorted by air currents.

Eventually it all spread out and turned into a gorgeous cloud of ice crystals known as a Noctilucent Cloud, essentially reflecting light from the sun that just set from being so high and giving off rainbow effects like oil on water colors.

Very lucky to see these.

ZG

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join