It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we at war with China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well? Are the weather wars underway? Say possibly with the extreme conditions that earlier hit the northeast, then recently california, and now the northwest? have we now retaliated against China? Just a few pieces, but they fit real nice!
-v

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
NO.

If we were at war with China why would they continue to loan us vast sums of money?

If we were at war with China why would we continue to allow import so many of their goods, thereby strengthening their economy?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This quoting stuff is brand new to me. forgive me if I screw it up...

If we were at war with China why would they continue to loan us vast sums of money?

as an "economic front" in the war, if you will.

If we were at war with China why would we continue to allow import so many of their goods, thereby strengthening their economy?

out of simple dependance at this point. do disallow such activity would crush us as consumers and producers. In fact, this interdependence between the US and China could be the very reason that the war would be conducted using covert aggression such as weather control.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If the title and premise of this thread was "Are we in an economic struggle with China over market domination and superpower status?" I would say yes. But war? No, Im affraid not.

Weather patterns shift all the time, and while the technology to manipulate the weather may be in use, I doubt its as an agressive front in a war with China.

As an above poster said, why would china lend the US so much cash?

I know you answered, but you missed the point. If China lends lets say 3 billion dollars to the US, it expects to get that 3 billion back with interest. How can China expect the US to pay 3 billion plus interest if at the same time, China is using weather manipulation to crush the US economy? That would mean that China has effectively cut off any chances of pay back and that is money out of China's pocket....

just dont make sense.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yes, we are at war with China... in a way. Economically, China depends on our import of their goods and services into our country. However, due to the not so recent events of lead poisoning, toxic toys, and other undesirable items, some u.s. customers have finally gone american (about time....). This has caused China to see a noticable drop in it's sales, mostly in its toys and products for younger consumer, such as myself. So, yes we are economically at war with china. However, I don't think we will see any military activity for at least another 20 years...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cronus111

Although toys are a large export for China, they are hardly even a large percent of what they export. Even if we discontinued importing all goods containing paint, and other items that have the tendency to contain lead, China would still be sending us a butt load of goods. I think the other posts regarding aspects of loans and such are good enough to explain the rest. Not too mention, it does not take much snow to shut down major areas in China. Similar to when it snows in the South US. People just don't know how to handle it.

I make a living off of these exports, trust me there are lots.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
alright, if that's how you're gonna be about it. How bout this: Are we secretly waging war on China AND Ourselves via natural disasters/weather manipulation? I think our motivation to hinder China's societal progress is clear enough.
But ourselves? Ultimately, the dollar will crash. Though it's proving rather resilient despite the continuous pressure on it. Along with the middle east cash hole, our government is trying to find everyway possible to hurry our economic demise - in order to proceed with the slow steady path to a global government and to get the Amero currency installed (before all hell breaks loose amongst the citizens).

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well isn't it possible that all of these things found in food and toys aren't real? In other words...the government is trying to make the public afraid of China and make us hate them. This way we the public will not be afraid or upset when we actually do start fighting them. The government is preparing the public for war.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draves
Well isn't it possible that all of these things found in food and toys aren't real? In other words...the government is trying to make the public afraid of China and make us hate them. This way we the public will not be afraid or upset when we actually do start fighting them. The government is preparing the public for war.

TA DA! That's what I'm talkin about Draves. I'm not even going to comment further cause I don't need stir up the accompanying emotions in the middle of my day. But please, brothers and sisters, wake the f up. it's our government. we are ultimately responsible. isn't 150,000 murders in our name enough? i don't have all the answers but i do know that for US citizens, inaction has definitely become immoral.

top topics

join