It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes that do NOT stay lit?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo4sale

Cheap, Previously Rolled Ciggies Rule!

It's the one's that 'lose their fervor' and 'breath', after a few rounds around the tobacco industries...that I question.

I had mentioned about the 'special' (speed bump) paper that is gaining wanted/unwanted 'significance' in the smoker's world.

Do you have the same problem (mentioned in many posts above) as we're talking about tonite?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
And here's a selection of chemicals added to standard cigarette papers.

Describes the effect on mainstream and sidestream smoke of adding chemicals to cellulose fiber cigarette paper. States that cigarette papers usually contain a burn additive. Uses sodium, potassium and magnesium salts of weak organic acids, phosphates, aluminum sulphate, citric acid, sodium carbonate and pectin as additives. Reports an increase in burn rate from most of the chemical additives, with potassium salts causing a greater increase than sodium salts. States that chemical additives tend to increase mainstream carbon monoxide delivery, but reduced puff numbers mitigates this. Finds that acidic burn additives reduce the sidestream nicotine emission.

Burn rate control
Burn rate is controlled through use of burn additives, density, paper, etc.
Sidestream smoke
Sidestream visibility
Irritation (Attribute measure)
Additive
Sodium acetate
Potassium chloride
Magnesium carbonate
Citric acid
Aluminum sulfate
Sodium carbonate

tobaccodocuments.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

lol ducky

yes parliments are american cigs.. and i tend to light them backwards when its night time and i have a decent buzz because i can't tell which end of the cig is the front lol....

and the bags...the bags wouldn't look bad on me, lol, i'm not gonna wear them..im sayin that many cigs for that price.....

ducky here is a pack of parliament lights and a cig

do you see how i could get it confused? lol maybe its just me

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Disgruntled about which end to light? According to the pic?

It's pretty dark (the ends) lololol

If according to a 'certain BUZZ-ON' that YOU and the regular 'Non Mentionable Alchaholic BUZZERS' would 'allocate to'....then HELL YEAH... I can understand that stance.

The most 'retarded' (politically correct term: CRAZY) that I've ever been?

~GOOFY smile...from ear to ear, (very proud, mind ya) and lit the wrong end. Once I've realised (not only from my friend's quzzicle glares, and feelings of 'I've failed to be a GREAT PARTYER, have gone down the drain. I've maintained my composer to the point of 'Lighting THEIR ciggies', after awhile...knowing FULL well, that they nod to me...when they've made the same mistake.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
when it's dark out side i have trouble telling which end is which...even sober

oh well i dont even smoke those..i smoke camel lights..do they have camel lights near you ducky? i know they have them in BC..i bought a pack there

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My Number 7's go out all the time when I first light them. I usually have to relight the same smoke 3 or 4 times. Sorry Ducky, I'm not tearing one apart to look at the paper. These things are expensive and I don't live near a reserve anymore.

Now I have to go relight the one I was trying to smoke because I put it in the ashtray to make this post. :shk:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Duzey?

Repeat after me...

1. Light the sumobitch.
2. INHALE and puff til yer lungs 'concave in and out'.
3. Look around for sumobitch to blame on for yer smoke not lighing properly.
4. Re-read possible reasons for my OP?
5. Inhale to 'hernia state', Nod AND AGREE.. that smokies have been 'tampered' with.
6. Laugh at my post...nod...re-light yer ciggy.

Pretty bad eh Duzey? lolololol

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
who hates re burns?

especially that first hit.......eww

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if they've done something, at least to my beloved Number 7's. I never used to have this problem. :shk:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Who makes Number 7's Duzey?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Rothmans, Benson and Hedges makes them but they market them under the Rock City Tobacco Company brand.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I'm going on a wee scientific thingy tonite with efforts ~across the board of ATS and BTS~ Don't mind me...

Checking things out.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You think ATS is involved in this conspiracy to put our smokes out?

I bet Springer's behind this.

Disclaimer: I kid, please don't start a thread about the great ATS cigarette conspiracy.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I'm wondering if these 'brand names' haven't succumbed to the gubment as well?

Supposedly? The 'integration' of 'speed bumps' would transpire on a slower basis within this last year and so.

Then again....I also heard that this transition would happen under our noses (parden the pun) pretty quickly, as we speak...

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I know Springer likes his ciggies (like the best of em')...hmm.. to suppose that he solely or integrately had a 'purpose' with this endeavor?

SNORTTTTTTTT....

IMHO, "Highly unlikely."

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Aeros Smokeless Cigarette I think this is the one, apparently it doesn't burn the tobacco it somehow vaporises it and you inhale tobacco vapor. It's odd I have seen it. The tip doesn't light and it doesn't burn. But it's a different kind of smoke.

is that what your talking about?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join