It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetic 'telepathy'?

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

www.physorg.com...

Scientists are reporting evidence that intact, double-stranded DNA has the “amazing” ability to recognize similarities in other DNA strands from a distance. And then like friends with similar interests, the bits of genetic material hangout or congregate together. The recognition — of similar sequences in DNA’s chemical subunits — occurs in a way once regarded as impossible, the researchers suggest in a study scheduled for the Jan. 31 issue of ACS’ Journal of Physical Chemistry B.

I didn't feel this really qualified as breaking news. Still pretty cool though.

So naked DNA strands can tell who's cool to get jiggy with and who isn't from a distance that can not presently be explained.

It's a good sized leap to take this to the level of human telepathy, but fact is there is some unknown force at work here. What is the cumulative effect of this force in large numbers? Could some form of unintended and perhaps natural entanglement be occurring? Simple electromagnetic attraction comes to mind first, but if that's all it is why have these researchers not already come to that conclusion?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Perhaps these DNA strands are using the "Force"?

Seriously though, if they are able to "detect" others from a distance. Some unseen force must be involved. Unless its just a chemical thing, sort of like osmosis where the intent of the DNA is spread.

I can't believe no one else commented on this thread!

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Here's a link to a post on another thread where I propose an idea for an explanation. This is definitely a VERY interesting development.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

apc

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Nice. I like it.

As the other thread is better please direct further comments to it.

top topics

join