It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RATS price

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ive been hearing alot of people say " ats should raise the price of RATS to keep the trolls out". How many people agree and say we should do this?

Could we do this, admin?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree, they should raise the price of RATS, I bought it while back, and its been good to filter out the nonsense.

Raise it too 10000 points!

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yea ban the noobies that are posting just to get in

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think 3500 points is reasonable. ::shrugs::

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think that having to pay to get access to RATS is just a way of stopping topics in there from being available to just anyone by using a search. I do agree that some people obviousley spam the boards a little to get their access. I have to admit I was lucky and happened to catch the half price sale a few months ago to gain my access. One suggestion could be that members have to request access to the forum in the same way that you have to request a blog, but I suppose that that would involve extra work from the mods and admin and some would think that there was a conspiracy to keep people out of RATS.I could be a bit tricky trying to decide who is worthy of access and who isn't.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
it could be a bit tricky trying to decide who is worthy of access and who isn't.

Not really. People who post INTELLIGENT posts would get in, while others would just spam the board wouldn't get in. Most mods are watching our posts anyway and they know who is posting intelligently and who is spamming.

Getting 2500 points isn't going to take long and also requires only a small time. I bought the entry into in when it was half price too. I think it would be a good idea to increase the price to 10,000.

People, who post frequently and get a lot to replies to their thread, would earn 10,000 points. This way the people who are spamming will get bored after a while and stop coming to ATS.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
what I meant was that the person who had to make that decision, to say no sorry you are not worthy to enter RATS would have to put up with a lot of flack over it. Perhaps some people (obviouse spammers aside) would think that they were worthy. I wouldn't want to be the one to have to judge that.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
what I meant was that the person who had to make that decision, to say no sorry you are not worthy to enter RATS would have to put up with a lot of flack over it. Perhaps some people (obviouse spammers aside) would think that they were worthy. I wouldn't want to be the one to have to judge that.

Well, mods have been doing that for a long time, not openly though.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I say that it should be 100,000 points, and then kick out MA and make him spend all his points to get back in.

(jkMA)

But a higher price may help the current and future members accept the idea that it is for 'higher top secret' discussions. Right now I would be afraid to post some real concerns or secret stuff, as it would only take a month for some to get in right now, usually less, (and in some cases less than a day).

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

But a higher price may help the current and future members accept the idea that it is for 'higher top secret' discussions. Right now I would be afraid to post some real concerns or secret stuff, as it would only take a month for some to get in right now, usually less, (and in some cases less than a day).

My point exactly. It takes very little time to get 3500 points and get in and begin spamming that too.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
BUMP

C'mon. Isn't there anyone else that agrees. Come on, speak up.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think a minimum of 20,000 points being obtained, i don't believe people should have to pay.

Naturally respected members without that level of points would be admitted.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The point for the price isn't to keep people out, but to require an effort to get in. Given the recent re-definition of the intent of RATS by Simon, I don't see a need for a price increase. Again, there's no desire to keep anyone other than search spiders out... and to simply have a mechanism where some effort is required to purchase access.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Seems like it is taking me forEVER to get points up, but I'm having fun and I am patient. I just try to make good posts and avoid the "me too!" impulse. If the ATS points for SETI work units things gets comes to pass it'll be like winning the lottery!
If raising the price is good for the board, I'm for it. Even though I am a new member I want to see the place thrive and become a legit news source.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You have a pretty avatar, i'd pay you in if i could

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i have just enough points to get in RATS but i can't get in!!,

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You have to buy it!

Go to MemberCenter and then ATS Store and purchase RATS.

the forum should then give you access

Welcome.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
ah ha, ha ha ha , ha !*cough**cough*
thanx
I didn't realise

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
You have a pretty avatar, i'd pay you in if i could

My avatar, you mean? If so, I can't take credit for it. Another member made it for me because the SPECTRE avatar I had before was pretty crummy. thanks, though

If the compliment was not intended for me, my apologies.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nah, the compliment can stay, besides you seem like a decent enough fellow!

Welcome to ATS

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join