It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's made Mainstream Media in Australia Today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Interesting account of a UFO landing in a school yard in Australia, one that I hadn't heard of with 30 years of interest in the subject.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Off the topic, but a question for the OP

I'm moving to australia soon, melbourne, but i think central australia has so many amazing places to visit...

OP, do you know of any weird places in australia to visit ? i've heard of all these creepy ghost towns out there and other things you can go see, but i'm more interested in going off the beaten track if you know what i mean...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is cool, its about time you hear the words "UFO @ Australia" together.

Nice find anyway..

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

If you can hack the pace...get a 4WD and go to places like Wave Rock in Hyden, Bungle Bungle in the Kimberlies, Ayers Rock in NT. Im in the West so places like Wittenoom and Kalbarri are places of interest that are ancient and scenic. As far as weird goes I guess coming here and going into the country will be an experience enough as the place is masssssive and very flat.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Sethdarke, If your coming to live in Australia, and you wanna see some crazy things, move to Alice Springs
It might get hot but you have Pine Gap to the west and theres a whole lot of creepy stuff going on there

JDN24

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I heard about Pine Gap, thats what got me interested in exploring there...

Any of you guys heard of the ghost towns yourself ??

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

There'll be more in the mainstream media soon. Some will be first time announcements as well.

Times are changing.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I started as a skeptic, but I am slowy beginning to belive that disclosure is upon us!

This topic seems to be getting more and more credibility by the Mainstream Media, and it will be an interesting year methinks.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDN24

Sethdarke, If your coming to live in Australia, and you wanna see some crazy things, move to Alice Springs
It might get hot but you have Pine Gap to the west and theres a whole lot of creepy stuff going on there

JDN24

Would you care to explain what "creepy stuff" happens at pine Gap???
Because what people have told me about it seems that they are talking s**t...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
is this the first time a ufo has been seen in australia?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ha ha ha...no. We are no different to anywhere else. Many sitings, landings over the years and plenty of abductions too.

This is a great site:
www.ufoevidence.org...

and at least 16 UFO based organsations nationwide. Scroll to the bottom of this home page to see them all.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ha ha ha...no. We are no different to anywhere else. Many sitings, landings over the years and plenty of abductions too.

This is a great site:
www.ufoevidence.org...

and at least 16 UFO based organsations nationwide. Scroll to the bottom of this home page to see them all.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'll just quickly pop in and say there was a high profile sighting in a country town over here.

(Link)
www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au...

I'm pretty sure it has been discussed here but since it's in regards to Australia I thought I'd throw it in for you guys.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
reply to post by mazzroth

There'll be more in the mainstream media soon. Some will be first time announcements as well.

Times are changing.

What leads you to that conclusion?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sethdarke
OP, do you know of any weird places in australia to visit ? i've heard of all these creepy ghost towns out there and other things you can go see,

West of Melbourne, around 3.5 hours drive is a small range of forested hills called The Grampians. For at least the past ten years there have been UFO research teams visit, experiencing all sorts of light-in-the-sky UFO activity. Go to a place called Reid's Lookout and spend some time there at night.

Sometimes they tried to communicate by flashing lights at them, with a limited amount of success. Locals in the area are familiar with the lights. During one sighting, locals reported that an Air Force jet was in the area within minutes, flying very low over the town Zumsteins - which was highly unusual. It scared the lights away for a little while.

About two years ago, there were bushfires in the area, which seemed to reduce the frequency of the lights. I still hear updates on research efforts through the local UFO society.

Even if you don't see any UFOs, the place is scenic and worth a visit.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I know the people who are doing the releasing and the people at the channels who are doing the broadcasting.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You might head out into the outback and be lucky enough to spot the famous Min Min Lights.

As tezzajw stated, the Grampians are probably Aus' best UFO hotspot.

Pine Gap is basically Australia's answer to Area 51. A joint venture between ourselves and the US, no one knows what really goes on there except for the occasional missile test etc. in the media.

Many UFOs have been spotted over or around Pine Gap. Words of warning though, Pine Gap's 'cammos' are far less tolerant than those of Area 51.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
People see UFOs all the time in Oz. Check the link I posted. Sightings around Sydney, especially along the beaches and out to sea are reported regularly, as are abductions. There have ben many reported here in Perth and my friend goes to a abducteed support group sometimes.

Such a huge country with many hidden things going on in remote areas. Why do you think the US chose Pine Gap? Because in a remote area in one of the most remote countries on the globe.

My pop was prospecting out on the Nullabor when he was in his early 30s and saw a UFO take off from the desert. Freaked him out a lot and he never told my dad until he was in hospital dying. It was a cylindrical shape and took off without making a sound.

top topics

join