It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth behind the exorcist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For those who didnt know, the movie The Exorcist was actually based off of a true story. Theres a link here to a summary of the true story its a good read if your interested. Also kinda creepy too.

www.strangemag.com...

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by CaptainMooPoo]

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by CaptainMooPoo]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So is your avatar something that happens to a person when he's possessed by the devil?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
no, actually my avatar is just a pic of some famous guy who i just decided to paint over. Personally I think its funny looking. If it bothers you I can change it to somethign else.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I dont believe in Exorcism. People simply have nuero-pathalogical problems that need to be adressed by the proper authority.
Its amazing that only Christians seem to be possesed ( from my observation ).
I have this movie at home, never watched it though for some odd reason. I will give in, and say that I have experienced something that was vaugly remniscent of a " possesion ", but being of a strong will power, fought this " Sub-Consciouss " demon off.

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
some great finds!, thumbs up!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I also do believe in excorcisms and the power of demons to possess people. I am a catholic and as such have strong beliefs in higher powers, both good and evil.

Did you know that the producers of the excorcist had TONS of production problems. Same thing happened with poltergeist. That movie scared the crap outta me too when I was a kid.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I remember watching a Documentry on this, when I was younger. It is interesting. Personaly Dont believe that its possible in the sense regarding Catholic definition ( no offence
).

T-Bo, Like I said, if you have nothing to contribute, hush up!

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
its fine, I get a lot of crap for being catholic, but thats fine everyones entitled to their opinion.

as for the program you watched it was probably called grip of evil or something similar. It was not exactly true as is mentioned in the link I posted above but still scary nonetheless.

top topics

join