It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS and Firefox Compatability??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I read in another thread about the u2u button changing colour when receiving a message, however mine never does. Is it because I use Firefox? The u2u is always Red with Yellow writing.

If it is a firefox issue - is there any fix in the possible future?

Thx

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I don't think a fix is needed, i use firefox and have no problems, yes i also have the red and yellow, but if you have no new messages you cant see the u2u button up there anyway, and as long as there is a unread message in your inbox, the u2u will stay there in it's red and yellow..

just click and check

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Strange, the u2u button is always up there and I have no 'unread' messages in my inbox/outbox/saved sections. Oh well, doesn't matter, just a cosmetic flaw somewhere - more likely on my side

Cheers for the response

Thx

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Try saving all of your messages....

Bet the U2U color box goes away....

Sometimes on a mass U2U your U2U box will stay lit until you either delete the offending message or save it...

Try it...

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hey Semperfortis! That worked! Thanks heaps

Thx

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
And if you're really desperate, you can download the IE tab plugin for firefox, which allows you to open an IE tab in firefox. Why you would want to do that unless the page is seriously screwed up in firefox though, I have no idea. Only one page that I know of that needs it, and thats Dave Rabbits podcast pages (not the ATS ones).

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
And if you're really desperate, you can download the IE tab plugin for firefox, which allows you to open an IE tab in firefox. Why you would want to do that unless the page is seriously screwed up in firefox though, I have no idea. Only one page that I know of that needs it, and thats Dave Rabbits podcast pages (not the ATS ones).

Jeeze---wish there was one of those in IE to open a FF tab.

Seriously, I should probably just give up on IE7 as so many sites and links get coding errors and just show up as text, if at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

In fact, why not go for a firefox 3.0 alpha or beta (test versions)? Even they, while unstable, are better than IE. Just my opinion of course. it astonishes me that microsoft charge for a product inferior to a free one. That goes for windows generally too, I just haven't got round to partitioning my hard drive to install linux.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

I have to say that I really like "Im a Marty's" avatar.
That's the first time I've seen our logo used as a "crop circle", brilliant!

Springer...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I believe the offending problem is when links are included in a U2U. This is usually why my button doesn't go away. Also, on occasion mail will come in but it won't be bolded. Therefore you think it's already been read. However as I said it's usually links in the U2U.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Springer - thanks for the Kudos! much appreciated

Yes I've gotten some of the 'read u2u' without reading them too.

Thx

new topics

top topics

join