It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns, what good are they....?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hidatsa, I'm going to quote you here and in retrospect go to the point which has taken me several pages of this thread upon which to put a finger.

Which brings us neatly round to the point of my thesis, with which you seem to agree, that it is the mindset of gun-users that I call into question, the need for such weapons in the first place and how poor a society we live in where devices of death and murder are desired and demanded by members of a peaceful public.

I dont agree at all with your mindset on the question of the "mindset of gun-users. I also dont agree with your putting it into question on the grounds many of the posters here are wont to take up.

What offends me so greatly is the implication that there is something unstable about thier mindset and ownership of a gun as private property and no crime has even taken place with them. This is a very questionable mindset on the part of the anti gun people. Also very questionable is the implication based on "What if's." No crime has taken place. What is the ethics and morality of this??

What I do not see is any rebuke of the criminal mindset of politicians and also other criminals who are wont to remove said private propertys of these peoples without trials, without thier consent, without compensation...in short without due process. So many of you justify this on the basis of "what ifs." Many of you people dont even rebuke the real criminal elements in any society but treat people and thier property as questionable and possibly criminal ..yet no crime has taken place.
In my mind and soul...the mindset of a politician wont to remove my private property from me (my ownership of my gun) is no different than a criminal wanting to take from me my propertys. It is criminal to me to reduce or ignore the risks I take daily in earning my livelyhood/propertys for someone elses sentiment on how the world ought to be. It is criminal to leave me unable to defend my propertys earned at great risk...or to place me in greater risk to defend said propertys.

Notice that in none of these speechs or posts is the risk factor of people daily going about thier buisness mentioned. Thier lives/risks are not valuable or worthy of mention in these cases. Now this ...is criminal!

None of these concerens of the public are addressed by any of you in an effort to default through ...undefined and unreplied to concerns.

I submit that more of you are more paranoid than are we as gun owners.

What crime have the gun owners posting here committed...Mindset???
What crime justifys the removal of their private propertys?? Mindset??

Are we talking here about thought police going on to act out on the next step automatically developed by identifying mindset?? Police and military operating on the dictates of Politicians or the body politic who will obviously be operating on a concept contrary to thier oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States?? A Constitution based on the ability to own and protect private property??

Some of us are well aware that this is in fact the tack taken by many governments on thier people and the private propertys of their peoples...meaing that these governments are Feudal and Soverigns. The peoples of these nations are subjects. The basis of thier democracy is the exact opposite of ours.

There are those out in this country and the world who would have us turn our form of government around to the feudal systems so prevalent in the rest of the globe. We are not intrested in this simply because we know what it means in terms of private ownership of property.

ONly one mindset is wont to be shown here.

I am wont to show another mindset and question it as criminal because it advocates the removal of private propertys from people who have not committed any crime. In this mindset I include as criminal a politician who advocates such and even promotes such thinking in the financing of public school education.

Mindset is not criminal..and does not justify the removal of private property from peoples. Nor does it justify the question of ownership of private propertys. Why?? Because no crime has been committed.

Orangetom

[edit on 11-2-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Thirteen pages to get to what should have been obvious to all of us...

Well said, sir.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

andre! you are fibbing just a little!! you need to check this out before you tell people that crime doesn't exist as we know it, here in the us of a
please refer to the following link,then justify your position. i read about this right after they confiscated all the guns,or made you store them in a safe away from the ammo.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

now tell me about the safest country

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackWidow23

sorry bw,didnt see your post till after i posted mine.anger makes me type before i read the entire thread. ,but i posted the link to the info you provided.............like minds...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Guns do not kill people. if not guns, it would just be something else. The argument against guns is asinine.
No, there is NOT a panic going on in america, but having a weapon is having safety. If you have a gun, the playing field against those who would harm you and your family is leveled. Firearms offer unparalleled amounts of safety, just by having one.

Situation: You wake up at night due to strange noise downstairs. You listen closely. It's not the kids, or there would be more thumping in the kitchen. You reach over to your nightstand drawer, unlock it, and pull out a Glock 9mm. You slip out of bed and creep down the stairs to find two punks in ski masks picking up your TV. You train the gun on them and tell them to freeze. then you yell for the wife to call the police. Crooks go to jail, TV goes back onto the stand, and you can go back to bed.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join