It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani in trouble as Florida Republicans vote: poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Giuliani in trouble as Florida Republicans vote: poll

news.yahoo.com

Giuliani, the former New York mayor, was battling former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee for a distant third place finish in Florida. Both registered 13 percent.

The margin of error in the poll was 3.3 percentage points.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.reuters.com

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm not so sure what to make of this. On one hand I'm not crazy about Giuliani, on the other hand I hate McCain. I just can't stand that guy, I find him too hawkish.

Why is Giuliani sliding, why McCain is gaining ground, where is Ron Paul? Is it safe to say now, that I don't like the republican party?

Anyway, this isn't really my problem, but I still prefer the US to be led by someone moderate.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well the economy is more important to voters then national security . People have finally woken up to the fact Republican spin about national security is complete and utter BS. Also it remains to be seen if Rudy strategy of pouring his resources into Florida and Super Tuesday states will pay off.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well the economy is more important to voters then national security . People have finally woken up to the fact Republican spin about national security is complete and utter BS. Also it remains to be seen if Rudy strategy of pouring his resources into Florida and Super Tuesday states will pay off.

Wrong. The only reason McCain still has a dog in this race is the fact that many voters see him as strong on national security. He's weak on the economy, lousy on immigration, and too old and grouchy to handle the job.

Jazzyguy

Why Giuliani is sliding is a good question, and he'll be lucky to finish third ahead of Huckabee. I did not understand his strategy when he announced it; it's questionable as to whether he will have the resources to last thru Super Tuesday. I am puzzled; I thought he was a better political strategist than that.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Why Giuliani is sliding is a good question, and he'll be lucky to finish third ahead of Huckabee. I did not understand his strategy when he announced it; it's questionable as to whether he will have the resources to last thru Super Tuesday. I am puzzled; I thought he was a better political strategist than that.

I think the voters realized what a scumbag Giuliani was by divorcing his wife of 16 years while she was in the hospital with cancer.

No amount of strategy could erase that fact.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by xpert11

Wrong. The only reason McCain still has a dog in this race is the fact that many voters see him as strong on national security. He's weak on the economy, lousy on immigration, and too old and grouchy to handle the job.

I agree with that slightly. Pretty odd though, since economy is a big concern right now.

And what is Ron Paul doing? He's not winning delegates even when he has so much money. Apparently there are some things in politics that money can't buy.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
let me tell ya what I see

I see Ghouliani bowing out in the next few days

it's evident he can't run with the big dogs
he has too many skeletons

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Jsobecky you have raised some valid points.
I invite you and other members to post there thoughts in this thread .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
McCain has a long and storied history with the state of Florida, starting back in his days as a pilot to his recovery there. He has a large following from the elderly demographic there. It is not surprising that he won.

What is more surprising is the manner and speed with which Romney closed the gap between him and McCain.

Supposedly, today Rudy will drop out and throw in with McCain.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

But he won more than just Florida. He's the GOP front-runner, the comeback kid. Doesn't make any sense, what do exactly people see in him that I don't?

top topics

join