It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's group slams Kennedy for 'betrayal'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Women's group slams Kennedy for 'betrayal'

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy is under heavy fire from a state chapter of the National Organization for Women for his decision to back Barack Obama over Hillary Clinton.

In a sharply critical statement, the New York state chapter of NOW took aim at Kennedy Monday for what it called an "ultimate betrayal," and suggested the Massachusetts Democrat "can't or won't" handle the idea of Clinton becoming President of the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Women turn on 'traitor' Oprah Winfrey for backing Barack Obama

[edit on 1/29/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This smells like a Clinton plant.

First Oprah is shamed into withdrawing her support for Obama by harassers (paid for courtesy of Billary) and now the same thing is happening to Teddy.

What gives these women the right to make such statements?

What makes sex an issue in a Presidential race?

A candidate needs to be judged on their merits and actions, not their sexual identity.

In my opinion, Hillary is far from a woman anyway; she acts like a snake looking for its next meal.

Partisan politics at work again...

He must be a traitor because apparently he's a woman turning his back on another woman...

"Sen. Kennedy’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic presidential primary campaign has really hit women hard," said the statement. "Women have forgiven Kennedy, stuck up for him, stood by him, hushed the fact that he was late in his support of Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave and Medical Act to name a few."

Please do not speak for all women. My mother personally hates that wench and should all intelligent people. Who the # cares who he endorsed previously, he has the right to change his mind.

Your beloved Hillary changes her mind every three seconds and then lies about what she said, why can't another politician?

These people are insane.

"NOW" women have jumped off the deep end and drowned apparently...Check back in with reality before you make ridiculous statements like this dumbasses.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

"This latest move by Kennedy is so telling about the status of and respect for women’s rights, women’s voices, women’s equality, women’s authority and our ability – indeed, our obligation — to promote and earn and deserve and elect, unabashedly, a president that is the first woman after centuries of men who ‘know what’s best for us.’”

They're voting for her solely because she's got boobs! It's right there clear as day. Sexist skanks! Every one! They probably all wear army boots and shave their heads while they preach about how men are ruining the world and how awesome women are for having more nerve endings in their genitalia. Yeesh throw them a bone.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

My thoughts exactly...

This election is definitely going to be decided on race and sex.

We may see a civil war before the year's end. I hope not.

This country is tearing itself apart from the inside over a non-issue.

The ignorance of this place makes me question why I'm here in the first place...Then again, I plan on moving as soon as I finish school.

new topics

top topics

join